PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-15-2010, 08:35 PM
Post Master General
Pocket PC: White Evo: Myn's TPT RLS5, Stock Kernel
Carrier: The "NOW" Network

InvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [CAB] GSM&CDMA Project Android Port and Startup Utility [11/01] FRX02 Reference!

Woe is me just flashed the latest NRG rom, so naturally reformatted my card, then restored the most recent backup of my sd card and now haret wont load using the startup utility... shows the 'loading haret' progress bar then hangs each time just before the double vibrate is supposed to come.

Best... Member... Ever...
Old 11-15-2010, 08:37 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)
Carrier: Sprint

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Re: [CAB] GSM&CDMA Project Android Port and Startup Utility [11/01] FRX02 Reference!

Quote:
Originally Posted by InvincibleLiving View Post
Woe is me just flashed the latest NRG rom, so naturally reformatted my card, then restored the most recent backup of my sd card and now haret wont load using the startup utility... shows the 'loading haret' progress bar then hangs each time just before the double vibrate is supposed to come.
Almost always issue with the startup.txt. Verify it's there and not 0 bytes.
Old 11-15-2010, 08:45 PM
Post Master General

InvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh View Post
Almost always issue with the startup.txt. Verify it's there and not 0 bytes.
Nope it's there with 355b... no visible change from my last successful boot.

No worries, I'll just try a fresh start when I get home...
Old 11-15-2010, 09:52 PM
Testing Extraordinaire

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Nope it's there with 355b... no visible change from my last successful boot.

No worries, I'll just try a fresh start when I get home...
Weird. Well... That's usually the issue I'm assuming running haret directly does the same thing? Let us know what happens.
Old 11-15-2010, 09:57 PM
Post Master General

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh View Post
Weird. Well... That's usually the issue I'm assuming running haret directly does the same thing? Let us know what happens.
same thing using haret.exe did'nt think to try it until I just read your post. Still results in a system freeze and I have to soft reset.
Old 11-15-2010, 10:24 PM
Testing Extraordinaire

Quote:
same thing using haret.exe did'nt think to try it until I just read your post. Still results in a system freeze and I have to soft reset.
Odd indeed. Would you mind posting your startup.txt? I've seen some guys with RHOD100's over on XDA saying the same thing is happening, but if they revert to an older kernel it boots. I would think it would get farther in the boot process if it was a bad kernel, but I'm not very knowledgeable about these things
Old 11-15-2010, 11:08 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: VX6900
Carrier: Verizon

chunnel is just getting started

Ok,

This probably isn't a known issue, but I have over 7,000 contacts in exchange. When I sync with WinMo I can see all 7,000 on the same phone, but with Android I can't sync much more than 4,000. I tried both Google Apps and now exchange server with the same result, give or take 100 contacts.

Last edited by chunnel; 11-16-2010 at 01:21 AM.
Old 11-16-2010, 02:13 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2
Carrier: verizon

khiyote is a n00b

(forgive me if this has been answered already) i have the verizon tp2 and i have everything i want working with the android except data and making calls. i heard i would have to take my sim card out but unfortunately i cant. so is there a way i can get data working and/or make calls?

p.s. i went to the network settings already and tried to find a network but it just keeps searching forever. any info will help. thanks
Old 11-16-2010, 03:50 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: VZW Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

natemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by chunnel View Post
Ok,

This probably isn't a known issue, but I have over 7,000 contacts in exchange. When I sync with WinMo I can see all 7,000 on the same phone, but with Android I can't sync much more than 4,000. I tried both Google Apps and now exchange server with the same result, give or take 100 contacts.
The limit based on number of contacts is much higher, so you are being limited by the size of your contacts as a whole. Chances are it is because of your notes fields or other large data stored in the contacts. Do you link many of them with Facebook or save pictures for a lot of them?

There is also a known issue on some activesync implementations that don't do well with incomplete contacts where you don't have a first name or last name filled out. You could take a look at that as well.

Also, I can tell you that if you are syncing with a real Exchange server that is still running 2003, you may hit major performance problems when you have over 5,000 contacts in your primary address book.
Old 11-16-2010, 03:57 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: VZW Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

natemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.80 (Windows Mobile; Opera Mini/5.1.21594/21.549; U; en) Presto/2.5.25 Version/10.54)

Quote:
Originally Posted by khiyote
(forgive me if this has been answered already) i have the verizon tp2 and i have everything i want working with the android except data and making calls. i heard i would have to take my sim card out but unfortunately i cant. so is there a way i can get data working and/or make calls?

p.s. i went to the network settings already and tried to find a network but it just keeps searching forever. any info will help. thanks
You have two options. Remove the SIM card, or compile your own rootfs. During init, it checks for the SIM card and assumes it is a GSM phone if it finds one. It's pretty much hard-coded in there after that AFAIK.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2

Tags
android os, tp2 android apps