PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-16-2010, 06:48 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (Rhod 400)
Carrier: Sprint

tpdjr is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartpdjr is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartpdjr is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartpdjr is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartpdjr is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [CAB] GSM&CDMA Project Android Port and Startup Utility [11/01] FRX02 Reference!

Hey arrrghhh do you need any testing done i have three days off of work starting today.
Old 11-16-2010, 06:48 PM
Regular 'Geeker

tpdjr is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartpdjr is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartpdjr is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartpdjr is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartpdjr is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: [CAB] GSM&CDMA Project Android Port and Startup Utility [11/01] FRX02 Reference!

O and i have the rhod 400
Old 11-16-2010, 07:00 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpdjr View Post
O and i have the rhod 400
Quote:
Originally Posted by tpdjr View Post
Hey arrrghhh do you need any testing done i have three days off of work starting today.
Uhm... no. Sorry. Pretty sure I'll say something when I do, as I always do... Besides, I have the same phone. Doesn't do me much good
Old 11-16-2010, 07:03 PM
Regular 'Geeker

o ok no problem
Old 11-16-2010, 07:36 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: VX6900
Carrier: Verizon

chunnel is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh View Post
Well remember, Android doesn't have the same Exchange support WinMo does for obvious reasons.
Quote:
I would say it's a limit with Android, not with our port. I doubt an actual Android phone would handle it any better.

With that said, I genuinely do not know - and it sounds like you have a very unique situation. Might try to corner a friend with an Android phone and see how it sync's with your unwieldy contact list. I don't think I could say I even "know" 1,000 people, let alone have them all in my contact list!!
It's almost all business related. I'm an executive recruiter. Resumes, clients, etc...
Old 11-16-2010, 08:59 PM
Testing Extraordinaire

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by chunnel View Post
It's almost all business related. I'm an executive recruiter. Resumes, clients, etc...
Ha, no worries dude. I'd still try to snag a buddy that has a native Android device. It may be a limitation with how Android syncs with Exchange - perhaps HTC sync or something else would work better, not sure. I just sync with my Google account, so I'm not much help here... We don't even use Exchange at work, we're a Groupwise shop...
Old 11-16-2010, 10:19 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Motorola Q and HTC TP2
Carrier: Verizon

defiantone is keeping up the good workdefiantone is keeping up the good workdefiantone is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Ha, no worries dude. I'd still try to snag a buddy that has a native Android device. It may be a limitation with how Android syncs with Exchange - perhaps HTC sync or something else would work better, not sure. I just sync with my Google account, so I'm not much help here... We don't even use Exchange at work, we're a Groupwise shop...
-------
I've gotten it to sync with my works exchange server.. I just wish I knew where the security certificates are stored so I could try to convert it to a .cer certificate for the win mobile side.. I can sync with android but not with win mobile..
Old 11-16-2010, 10:25 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2
Carrier: verizon

khiyote is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by natemcnutty View Post
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.80 (Windows Mobile; Opera Mini/5.1.21594/21.549; U; en) Presto/2.5.25 Version/10.54)

You have two options. Remove the SIM card, or compile your own rootfs. During init, it checks for the SIM card and assumes it is a GSM phone if it finds one. It's pretty much hard-coded in there after that AFAIK.
is there a thread that shows me how to compile rootfs?
Old 11-17-2010, 01:56 AM
Testing Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by khiyote View Post
is there a thread that shows me how to compile rootfs?
Here's the git repo for the rootfs...

It'd probably be easier to just use one radio or the other....

Last edited by arrrghhh; 11-17-2010 at 02:00 AM.
Old 11-17-2010, 11:22 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 W/Android 2.2 FRX02 and ... Palm Pre
Carrier: Sprint/Orange.fr

speedfre/\k is a n00b
Lightbulb Re: Sprint TP2 RHOD400 Who's got the best Startup.txt?

This is to anyone with an opinion on the "startup.txt" file used WITHOUT the startup utility.

So I'm trying to become more dependent on the Android side of the TP2 and there is alot of different opinions on different startup.txt files out there... Personally I've had a few conversations with arrrghhh over on xda on the subject and it looks like you have the same exact hardware as me (yay ).

So any ideas? here is my current:

set ramsize 0x10000000
set ramaddr 0x10000000
set mtype 2292
set KERNEL zImage
set initrd initrd.gz
set cmdline "lcd.density=240 msmts_calib=0x9f.0x39a.0x35c.0x78 7x00.a11=500 msmvkeyb_toggle=off pmem.extra=1 force_cdma=1 gsensor_axis=2,1,3 pm.sleep_mode=2 acpuclock.oc_freq_khz=716800 rel_path=andboot hw3d.force=1 north_am_dialing=1 physkeyboard=rhod400 htc_hw.force_cdma=1 "
boot

Also, I want to point out "north_am_dialing=1". I use google voice like a crack, and this is the only way I can use google voice in Android and be able to dial out with my google voice number showing... so thats why that is there.

Anybody have any comments on my startup.txt? I'm open to any suggestions on the topic...

Post your startup.txt file and maybe we can all get some ideas how to improve
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2

Tags
android os, tp2 android apps