PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-16-2010, 12:46 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

2phonejones is keeping up the good work2phonejones is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [CAB] GSM&CDMA Project Android Port and Startup Utility [11/01] FRX02 Reference!

Quote:
Originally Posted by InvincibleLiving View Post
Woe is me just flashed the latest NRG rom, so naturally reformatted my card, then restored the most recent backup of my sd card and now haret wont load using the startup utility... shows the 'loading haret' progress bar then hangs each time just before the double vibrate is supposed to come.

Did you make sure your start.txt is read-only using total commander???
Old 11-16-2010, 01:22 PM
Post Master General
Pocket PC: White Evo: Myn's TPT RLS5, Stock Kernel
Carrier: The "NOW" Network

InvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Re: [CAB] GSM&CDMA Project Android Port and Startup Utility [11/01] FRX02 Reference!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2phonejones View Post
Did you make sure your start.txt is read-only using total commander???
nope, not the issue... it's doing the same thing on a complete fresh install now too...

Best... Member... Ever...
Old 11-16-2010, 01:27 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: OnePlus 8 5G
Carrier: T-Mobile

demonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

Quote:
Originally Posted by InvincibleLiving
Woe is me just flashed the latest NRG rom, so naturally reformatted my card, then restored the most recent backup of my sd card and now haret wont load using the startup utility... shows the 'loading haret' progress bar then hangs each time just before the double vibrate is supposed to come.
How did you format the card? I've read that any microsoft tool will mess up android. There were some other sd formatting tools mentioned like one from HP.
Old 11-16-2010, 02:12 PM
Post Master General
Pocket PC: White Evo: Myn's TPT RLS5, Stock Kernel
Carrier: The "NOW" Network

InvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonlordoftheround View Post
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

How did you format the card? I've read that any microsoft tool will mess up android. There were some other sd formatting tools mentioned like one from HP.
SD formatter v2.0
Old 11-16-2010, 02:30 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by InvincibleLiving View Post
nope, not the issue... it's doing the same thing on a complete fresh install now too...
This sounds like the EXACT same problem the RHOD100 guys are having as well. No resolution for them yet unfortunately.

I have a RHOD400 and haven't been able to recreate the issue... Have you tried a different SD card...?

Oh I almost forgot - they said if they go back to the kernel from 10.23 it's fine & boots. Can you confirm/deny?
Old 11-16-2010, 03:55 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro 2/ evo
Carrier: sprint

jr84 is a n00b

HI I have tried some install and I can get android to load but I can make calls
Old 11-16-2010, 04:03 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: VX6900
Carrier: Verizon

chunnel is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by natemcnutty View Post
The limit based on number of contacts is much higher, so you are being limited by the size of your contacts as a whole. Chances are it is because of your notes fields or other large data stored in the contacts. Do you link many of them with Facebook or save pictures for a lot of them?

There is also a known issue on some activesync implementations that don't do well with incomplete contacts where you don't have a first name or last name filled out. You could take a look at that as well.

Also, I can tell you that if you are syncing with a real Exchange server that is still running 2003, you may hit major performance problems when you have over 5,000 contacts in your primary address book.
I think answer number one is closer to the real problem. I do use notes extensively, with pictures and resumes. However, that being said, I can sync all the contacts with exchange and active sync in WinMo 6.5 without any problem and all the notes come across, but not the pics.
Old 11-16-2010, 04:29 PM
Testing Extraordinaire

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by chunnel View Post
I think answer number one is closer to the real problem. I do use notes extensively, with pictures and resumes. However, that being said, I can sync all the contacts with exchange and active sync in WinMo 6.5 without any problem and all the notes come across, but not the pics.
Well remember, Android doesn't have the same Exchange support WinMo does for obvious reasons.
Old 11-16-2010, 05:26 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: VX6900
Carrier: Verizon

chunnel is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh View Post
Well remember, Android doesn't have the same Exchange support WinMo does for obvious reasons.
Based on your knowledge of Android, would a devoted Android phone work better in this regard? Say a Motorola A855? Or is the issue not that it's running non-natively, it's just that Android doesn't work as well with Exchange?
Old 11-16-2010, 06:45 PM
Testing Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by chunnel View Post
Based on your knowledge of Android, would a devoted Android phone work better in this regard? Say a Motorola A855? Or is the issue not that it's running non-natively, it's just that Android doesn't work as well with Exchange?
I would say it's a limit with Android, not with our port. I doubt an actual Android phone would handle it any better.

With that said, I genuinely do not know - and it sounds like you have a very unique situation. Might try to corner a friend with an Android phone and see how it sync's with your unwieldy contact list. I don't think I could say I even "know" 1,000 people, let alone have them all in my contact list!!
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2

Tags
android os, tp2 android apps