PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-01-2011, 10:49 AM
Volunteer Newsie
Pocket PC: NS4G
Carrier: Sprint - SERO Premium

beathookup is keeping up the good workbeathookup is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [CAB] GSM&CDMA Project Android Port and Startup Utility [01/23] FRX04 Reference!

Trying to install this on my phone and when installing it to my SD card I get the following:

"MJG Project Android Rebuild" cannot be installed.
Old 02-01-2011, 12:09 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)
Carrier: Sprint

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Re: [CAB] GSM&CDMA Project Android Port and Startup Utility [01/23] FRX04 Reference!

Quote:
Originally Posted by beathookup View Post
Trying to install this on my phone and when installing it to my SD card I get the following:

As was stated previously, the CAB is bad. Use the RAR/ZIP please - IMHO it's easier, and I can definitely say it's much faster. Extract to SD... done. Cab... takes several more steps .
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-01-2011, 12:45 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Sensation 4G

tacotoy is becoming a great contributor

Quote:

and if you are partial to the startup app you can install that seperately from here....

Startup Utility - Project Android
Old 02-01-2011, 01:33 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: windows 7
Carrier: SPRINT HTC TOUCH PRO 2

tiad8 is a trusted member of the communitytiad8 is a trusted member of the communitytiad8 is a trusted member of the communitytiad8 is a trusted member of the communitytiad8 is a trusted member of the communitytiad8 is a trusted member of the communitytiad8 is a trusted member of the communitytiad8 is a trusted member of the communitytiad8 is a trusted member of the communitytiad8 is a trusted member of the communitytiad8 is a trusted member of the community

Ok, I'd like to break this post down...
Originally Posted by tiad8 1- FOR THE 3D DRIVER. ADD IT THE ONE THAT SAY OPENGLE 1.1 AND GRALLOC FROM ACL.
Isn't this what was implemented into FRX04 already?
Originally Posted by tiad8 2- FOR THE CAMERA. I ADD 5 CAMERA DRIVERS TO THE SYSTEM/LIB.
Different from the ones in viruscrazy's test kernel thread...?
Originally Posted by tiad8 3- FOR APN. EVERYONE HAVE TO SET IT UP MANUALLY.
This does seem to alleviate the issue, but doesn't make it disappear.
Originally Posted by tiad8 4- I ADD IT A RIL DRIVER TO SYSTEM/LIB.
Please clarify what you've done here... What RIL driver?
Originally Posted by tiad8 5- I ADD IT MORE XML TO SYSTEM/ETC/PERMISSION
I'd like you to clarify what you did here as well.... Thanks.
Originally Posted by tiad8 6- I TOOK OUT A FEW APPS FROM SYSTEM/APP
Anything in particular?

=========================================
1-Isn't this what was implemented into FRX04 already?........ I DON'T THINK SO.

2-Different from the ones in viruscrazy's test kernel thread...? YES 5 LIBS DRIVERS JUST FOR THE CAMERA SUPPORT.

3-This does seem to alleviate the issue, but doesn't make it disappear. AT LIST WE CAN CONTROL THE DATA BETTER. PEOPLE CAN ADD THEIR ON SETTINGS.

4-Please clarify what you've done here... What RIL driver?....THE RIL JUST PROVIDES AN INTERFACE FOR PASSING DATA BETWEEN THE BASEBAND. (libhtc_ril.so )

5-I'd like you to clarify what you did here as well.... Thanks.....I ADD IT XML FOR, CAMERA, HARDWARE, GPS, AND FEW MORE MORE.

6-Anything in particular?.... THIS I WILL TELL YOU LATER. I TOOK SOME OUT AND I ADD SOME IN.

so far everthing is work very smooth sinse last night. i left the phone full charge. it at 90% that 7 hr.

when i get home i will let you guys test it. guys remember i just testing this. i already re-boot it 7 times back and forth. and still nothing. i'm at work right now. i will start to heavy use frx04 right now. just to maker sure. today i will upload FRX04 for everyone to test. that is, if i don't get that damm server bug.

thanks
Old 02-01-2011, 01:56 PM
Testing Extraordinaire

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiad8 View Post
when i get home i will let you guys test it. guys remember i just testing this. i already re-boot it 7 times back and forth. and still nothing. i'm at work right now. i will start to heavy use frx04 right now. just to maker sure. today i will upload FRX04 for everyone to test. that is, if i don't get that damm server bug.

thanks
Already responded to you on XDA man. Thanks.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 02-01-2011, 02:03 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

ravip_27 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiad8 View Post
Ok, I'd like to break this post down...
Originally Posted by tiad8 1- FOR THE 3D DRIVER. ADD IT THE ONE THAT SAY OPENGLE 1.1 AND GRALLOC FROM ACL.
Isn't this what was implemented into FRX04 already?
Originally Posted by tiad8 2- FOR THE CAMERA. I ADD 5 CAMERA DRIVERS TO THE SYSTEM/LIB.
Different from the ones in viruscrazy's test kernel thread...?
Originally Posted by tiad8 3- FOR APN. EVERYONE HAVE TO SET IT UP MANUALLY.
This does seem to alleviate the issue, but doesn't make it disappear.
Originally Posted by tiad8 4- I ADD IT A RIL DRIVER TO SYSTEM/LIB.
Please clarify what you've done here... What RIL driver?
Originally Posted by tiad8 5- I ADD IT MORE XML TO SYSTEM/ETC/PERMISSION
I'd like you to clarify what you did here as well.... Thanks.
Originally Posted by tiad8 6- I TOOK OUT A FEW APPS FROM SYSTEM/APP
Anything in particular?

=========================================
1-Isn't this what was implemented into FRX04 already?........ I DON'T THINK SO.

2-Different from the ones in viruscrazy's test kernel thread...? YES 5 LIBS DRIVERS JUST FOR THE CAMERA SUPPORT.

3-This does seem to alleviate the issue, but doesn't make it disappear. AT LIST WE CAN CONTROL THE DATA BETTER. PEOPLE CAN ADD THEIR ON SETTINGS.

4-Please clarify what you've done here... What RIL driver?....THE RIL JUST PROVIDES AN INTERFACE FOR PASSING DATA BETWEEN THE BASEBAND. (libhtc_ril.so )

5-I'd like you to clarify what you did here as well.... Thanks.....I ADD IT XML FOR, CAMERA, HARDWARE, GPS, AND FEW MORE MORE.

6-Anything in particular?.... THIS I WILL TELL YOU LATER. I TOOK SOME OUT AND I ADD SOME IN.

so far everthing is work very smooth sinse last night. i left the phone full charge. it at 90% that 7 hr.

thanks
Thanks Tiad for all the information. But is there any reason why you can't tell which specific driver you added for Camera or any put down what i modified. As this whole thing is open source there should be nothing to hide. I do truly appreciate your effort but maybe sharing more information between the Xandroid team and you will allow this project to move at much faster rate.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-01-2011, 04:02 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: windows 7
Carrier: SPRINT HTC TOUCH PRO 2

tiad8 is a trusted member of the communitytiad8 is a trusted member of the communitytiad8 is a trusted member of the communitytiad8 is a trusted member of the communitytiad8 is a trusted member of the communitytiad8 is a trusted member of the communitytiad8 is a trusted member of the communitytiad8 is a trusted member of the communitytiad8 is a trusted member of the communitytiad8 is a trusted member of the communitytiad8 is a trusted member of the community

UPDATE ON FRX04 SERVER BUG

5 HR OF HEAVY USE. MY FRIEND FROM FLORIDA CALL ME TO TELL ME THAT HIS DAUGHTER GOT FIRST HONORS IN SCHOOL. I CLICK END
TO END THE CALL. PUT THE PHONE TO SLEEP. THEN 5 MINUTE PASSED, I WAS GOING TO USE THE PHONE TO CHECK ON XDA AND PPC. LOCK
SCREEN. SLIDE THE LOCK BAR TO THE RIGHT AND BOOM, THE DAMM BUG AGAING. DAMM GUYS, I THOUGH I HAD IT.

PLAN B. Arrr. I WILL PM YOU. THERE'S ALWAY A PLAN B. I HAVE SOMETHING IMPORTAND TO TELL YOU. THIS COULD BE THE CAUSE
OF THIS BUG. THOSE SETTING, WAS JUST FOR TEST. I'LL PM YOU AFTER WORK. I'LL SEE IF CAN GET INTO THE IRC TODAY.

THANKS
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 02-01-2011, 04:08 PM
Volunteer Newsie
Pocket PC: NS4G
Carrier: Sprint - SERO Premium

beathookup is keeping up the good workbeathookup is keeping up the good work

Got the RAR file to work but cannot get it to stay on longer than 10 mins until Android shuts down completely and boots back into WinMo
Old 02-01-2011, 04:21 PM
Testing Extraordinaire

Quote:
Got the RAR file to work but cannot get it to stay on longer than 10 mins until Android shuts down completely and boots back into WinMo
What kernel are you on? Anything in particular that you're noticing that causes the reboots?

This usually is a result of a kernel panic, but they don't happen very frequently (to me...)
Old 02-01-2011, 06:54 PM
Testing Extraordinaire

Sorry for the doublepost, but this one is a doozie. Already posted on XDA:

Well what the system_server bug seems to be a loop. WisTilt2 actually believes he has resolved this issue. He still doesn't have the root cause solved, but he seems to have a workaround. I'm going to post it in my testing thread as soon as he gets it to me .

For anyone wanting a summary, here it be:
Quote:
Originally Posted by WisTilt2
complex, but basically during network registering there is a transaction buffer not being allocated due to not enough memory available. Memory is there but certain condition caused it to think there is no memory to allocate. Making a call resets so it tries again and works; there's more to it than that but basically thats the logic in it.
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2

Tags
android os, tp2 android apps