PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-30-2011, 12:39 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)
Carrier: Sprint

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [CAB] GSM&CDMA Project Android Port and Startup Utility [01/23] FRX04 Reference!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ModmyPPC View Post
Its not so much as installing but downloading.

I can't download from yahoomail. When I download the email it says open. but when you go to open the attachment it gives me the parse error.

btw I can download from the internet.
Uhm... are you doing this thru some Yahoo app or are you actually going to their webmail site thru the browser?

I am not a fan of Yahoo, I haven't used my address there in 10+ years, it's probably gone haha. No offense, I just don't have an account to test with.

Perhaps this isn't a solution for you, but why don't you just download the APK on your computer, then install thru adb or copying it to the AndroidApps folder...?
Old 01-30-2011, 12:59 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

ravip_27 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: [CAB] GSM&CDMA Project Android Port and Startup Utility [01/23] FRX04 Reference!

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh View Post
Uhm... are you doing this thru some Yahoo app or are you actually going to their webmail site thru the browser?

I am not a fan of Yahoo, I haven't used my address there in 10+ years, it's probably gone haha. No offense, I just don't have an account to test with.

Perhaps this isn't a solution for you, but why don't you just download the APK on your computer, then install thru adb or copying it to the AndroidApps folder...?
I have the same issue with gmail. I sent an apk as attachement to my gmail and when I open the email the only option I have is to install the apk and when I do that it gives me the parse error. However I am able to install apk from forum using Tapatalk.
Old 01-30-2011, 01:54 PM
Testing Extraordinaire

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravip_27 View Post
I have the same issue with gmail. I sent an apk as attachement to my gmail and when I open the email the only option I have is to install the apk and when I do that it gives me the parse error. However I am able to install apk from forum using Tapatalk.
Weird. Guess I've never emailed an APK to myself.

I'll try it, see what's in the logs from the occurrence.

Either way, my workaround above works... yes?
Old 01-30-2011, 04:41 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

ndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Hey arrrghhh, sorry if this has been asked before, I tried searching around but couldn't find an answer but do you know if there's anyway to adjust the touch pressure sensitivity; I'd like to make it more sensitive so it feels a little more like a capacitive screen, like in WinMo TFLO setttings. I think FRX04 (and any other release thus far including those packaged by Tiad8 ) is pretty good but sometimes I think there's a slight lagging response when touching the screen; I believe it's not related to the system at all but more due to the finger pressure trigger threshold before the system responds. Thanks. I have been using FRX04 for the last 4-5 days and I have to say it's pretty stable, except for the occassional FC (system-server crash), which I just dial my voicemail and it never happens again; in fact, if I stick with the 1253 kernel, I haven't gotten a FC after allowing the Market to update all the existing apps. I haven't tried Tiad8's 1-28 build yet. I wonder what Tiad8 has in his build that fixes the FCs; I wish he could share his "secret" with your development team so that we can have a solid FRX04 to play with.

Last edited by ndno; 01-30-2011 at 04:46 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-30-2011, 05:00 PM
Testing Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndno View Post
Hey arrrghhh, sorry if this has been asked before, I tried searching around but couldn't find an answer but do you know if there's anyway to adjust the touch pressure sensitivity; I'd like to make it more sensitive so it feels a little more like a capacitive screen, like in WinMo TFLO setttings. I think FRX04 (and any other release thus far including those packaged by Tiad8 ) is pretty good but sometimes I think there's a slight lagging response when touching the screen; I believe it's not related to the system at all but more due to the finger pressure trigger threshold before the system responds. Thanks. I have been using FRX04 for the last 4-5 days and I have to say it's pretty stable, except for the occassional FC (system-server crash), which I just dial my voicemail and it never happens again; in fact, if I stick with the 1253 kernel, I haven't gotten a FC after allowing the Market to update all the existing apps. I haven't tried Tiad8's 1-28 build yet. I wonder what Tiad8 has in his build that fixes the FCs; I wish he could share his "secret" with your development team so that we can have a solid FRX04 to play with.
It honestly pisses me off that he's not working with us... I wouldn't say he's working against us, but he definitely doesn't collaborate with any dev on the XDAndroid team - to my knowledge at least.

There also seems to be an issue with giving credit where it is due...

To answer your question tho, I'm not aware of any way to tweak that. I'll have to ask around.
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 01-31-2011, 10:46 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: Boost

mbellot is keeping up the good workmbellot is keeping up the good work
Thumbs down Re: [CAB] GSM&CDMA Project Android Port and Startup Utility [01/23] FRX04 Reference!

Quote:
It honestly pisses me off that he's not working with us... I wouldn't say he's working against us, but he definitely doesn't collaborate with any dev on the XDAndroid team - to my knowledge at least.
It appears that may be changing.

Link
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 01-31-2011, 11:11 AM
Testing Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbellot View Post
It appears that may be changing.

Link
You've been thanked, just at the hope that it's true .
Old 01-31-2011, 11:40 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: windows 7
Carrier: SPRINT HTC TOUCH PRO 2

tiad8 is a trusted member of the communitytiad8 is a trusted member of the communitytiad8 is a trusted member of the communitytiad8 is a trusted member of the communitytiad8 is a trusted member of the communitytiad8 is a trusted member of the communitytiad8 is a trusted member of the communitytiad8 is a trusted member of the communitytiad8 is a trusted member of the communitytiad8 is a trusted member of the communitytiad8 is a trusted member of the community

Ok, guys

i'm going to start atacking this server bug today.

First i will try my settings, on frx03 and frx04. I made have to look deeper into the system.ext2

lets see what happen today. I will let you gusy know today

thanks
Old 01-31-2011, 12:47 PM
Testing Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiad8 View Post
Ok, guys

i'm going to start atacking this server bug today.

First i will try my settings, on frx03 and frx04. I made have to look deeper into the system.ext2

lets see what happen today. I will let you gusy know today

thanks
I said this over on XDA, but I'll stay it here too:

Hey man, hop on IRC sometime. We've been hashing this out for a while, the theory is RIL - something is looping and making a phone call breaks the loop...
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-31-2011, 01:11 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: windows 7
Carrier: SPRINT HTC TOUCH PRO 2

tiad8 is a trusted member of the communitytiad8 is a trusted member of the communitytiad8 is a trusted member of the communitytiad8 is a trusted member of the communitytiad8 is a trusted member of the communitytiad8 is a trusted member of the communitytiad8 is a trusted member of the communitytiad8 is a trusted member of the communitytiad8 is a trusted member of the communitytiad8 is a trusted member of the communitytiad8 is a trusted member of the community
Quote:
I said this over on XDA, but I'll stay it here too:

Hey man, hop on IRC sometime. We've been hashing this out for a while, the theory is RIL - something is looping and making a phone call breaks the loop...
Quote:

Thanks. When I get home I'm going to boot frx04. I was writing on a Notepad some info on this. It's a very good possibility that I will fix this today. I'll let you
FROYO X/SPRINT TOUCH PRO 2/RHOD
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2

Tags
android os, tp2 android apps