PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-08-2011, 11:05 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

da1stprince is keeping up the good workda1stprince is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [CAB] GSM&CDMA Project Android Port and Startup Utility [11/221] FRX03 Reference!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndno View Post
Guys, try out Tiad8's new Froyo X distribution (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/tp2-androi...1-01-08-a.html). It's awesome. I updated it with the new kernel (1250) with keypad backlight support and overclocked it to make it even super duper faster (fastest I've seen): http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...76#post2032576
thanks so much for that hybrid 1237 kernel..Im so pleased with it! works like a genuine android device in every sense of the word..can't wait to try your new hybrid kernel!

Last edited by da1stprince; 01-09-2011 at 12:13 AM.
Old 01-19-2011, 06:53 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Treo Pro
Carrier: Sprint

cartz is a n00b
Re: [CAB] GSM&CDMA Project Android Port and Startup Utility [11/221] FRX03 Reference!

I've been using this thread to get the latest android port but it seems as if this has been left abandoned for a while. I've seen that another thread has "Tiad8's Froyo X distribution". Is that for developers only or is this the lastest "cab" for Andriod. ... I'm still really new at this.
Old 01-19-2011, 06:57 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartz View Post
I've been using this thread to get the latest android port but it seems as if this has been left abandoned for a while. I've seen that another thread has "Tiad8's Froyo X distribution". Is that for developers only or is this the lastest "cab" for Andriod. ... I'm still really new at this.
Tiad8 has been making his own bundles. I'd say this thread still applies to 'vanilla' XDAndroid - updates will still come here.

However, Tiad8 has been working to get a lot of the things flying around nailed down into a bundle, which is great even if it is futile .

So feel free to use one of his bundles, there's not a huge difference between what he has and what is here - like I said, he's just trying to nail down a lot of things that haven't been committed yet into a bundle pack for newbies.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-20-2011, 12:56 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Touch PRO 2 (Sprint)

ModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Im such a newbie when it comes to android I've tried to learn and it just hurts my brain. I really have a hard time understanding what does what. Ive read plenty of threads but without the basic understanding of programming its like trying to learn a new language without having a interpreter

I really wish I could have a simple cab install with all of android files like this thread use to offer.

because this has not been an option Im left leaving android for this phone or having it on but being very outdated.

This is not a complaint btw so theres no need to get upset.

Old 01-20-2011, 01:14 PM
Testing Extraordinaire

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by ModmyPPC View Post
Im such a newbie when it comes to android I've tried to learn and it just hurts my brain. I really have a hard time understanding what does what. Ive read plenty of threads but without the basic understanding of programming its like trying to learn a new language without having a interpreter

I really wish I could have a simple cab install with all of android files like this thread use to offer.

because this has not been an option Im left leaving android for this phone or having it on but being very outdated.

I think the RAR bundles are easier than the cab. You extract it... and drop it on your SD. With the cab you have to drop it on your phone, then run it from your phone. Basically takes 2x as long to install...

Besides, the cab is a crutch. You'll learn nothing about how the system works by using it.

Honestly I'm not mad or trying to flame you - but if your attitude is "this is too hard", then wait until the project is complete. There's a reason it's called a 'project' - it's not nearly done .

We can work on making it easier when we're done... No point in doing that now...
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 01-20-2011, 02:31 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: SGS III

fishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by ModmyPPC View Post

Mod, I took Arrghhh's advice previously to not rely on the cab files and honestly did learn a lot more of what is needed to make this thing run. Now don't get me wrong... I'm not a developers by ANY means, hell, I'm not even sure what the hell a kernel does (other than to pop and have a nice buttery taste prior to me watching a movie...) but I've learned what files are required and where I'm moving this and that to and why I'm moving them. I've also learned a bit of trouble shooting when I have issues, all just by reading and re-reading. Shoot me a PM and we'll walk through anything I can help you with, or I'll give you a call/text (Like when you were unlocking and flashing your first ROM!!! lol) If you want a decent set up for now, take a look at tiad's thread, it's all the stuff from Wistilt, bzo, ACL, and every other developer but packaged up nice. I would recommend for you his 1.12 package, no bugs that I can really think of and runs smooth, or grab the latest reference set up and we'll walk through whatever you need.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 01-20-2011, 06:10 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: tp2

[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

arrrghhh:

Hey bro.. spoke to stinedb today and next release will include the gralloc and lib. That is all ..
Old 01-20-2011, 06:16 PM
Testing Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by [ACL] View Post
arrrghhh:

Hey bro.. spoke to stinedb today and next release will include the gralloc and lib. That is all ..
You da man. Thanks bro!
Old 01-20-2011, 06:28 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

bigmain06 is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to bigmain06 Send a message via Yahoo to bigmain06

I have a problem with the 1-17-10 release. Once I try to run the setup a error message pops up and says (Cannot open script file\application data\volatile\zipview\5791975\andboot Froyox\default.txt
Old 01-20-2011, 06:47 PM
Testing Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmain06 View Post
I have a problem with the 1-17-10 release. Once I try to run the setup a error message pops up and says (Cannot open script file\application data\volatile\zipview\5791975\andboot Froyox\default.txt
If you're running Tiad8's 'Froyo X', you should probably post in that thread.

This thread is for the mainline XDAndroid, "Reference" builds.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2

Tags
android os, tp2 android apps