View Single Post
Old 11-16-2010, 03:50 AM
natemcnutty
VIP Member

natemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [CAB] GSM&CDMA Project Android Port and Startup Utility [11/01] FRX02 Reference!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chunnel View Post
Ok,

This probably isn't a known issue, but I have over 7,000 contacts in exchange. When I sync with WinMo I can see all 7,000 on the same phone, but with Android I can't sync much more than 4,000. I tried both Google Apps and now exchange server with the same result, give or take 100 contacts.
The limit based on number of contacts is much higher, so you are being limited by the size of your contacts as a whole. Chances are it is because of your notes fields or other large data stored in the contacts. Do you link many of them with Facebook or save pictures for a lot of them?

There is also a known issue on some activesync implementations that don't do well with incomplete contacts where you don't have a first name or last name filled out. You could take a look at that as well.

Also, I can tell you that if you are syncing with a real Exchange server that is still running 2003, you may hit major performance problems when you have over 5,000 contacts in your primary address book.