PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-05-2010, 08:16 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy Nexus
Carrier: Verizon

imnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [CAB] GSM Project Android Port and Startup Utility [03/31/10] NOW SUPPORTS CDMA

Found what I'd consider a bug in the launcher app. When you're on the Auto-Update screen and updating the files, if you switch to another program, or the screen goes black due to the timeout, you can't get back to the auto-update screen when you go back to the program and you'll be stuck on the homescreen with the device keymap selection and you can't get to the update screen to see the progress.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-05-2010, 01:11 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (Tilt2)
Carrier: AT&T
Threadstarter

Reefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIP
New Rootfs: Verizon Wireless Keymapping

Hey guys, now for the nice part about the update utility. This is the part where I don't have to make completely new builds just for 1 small update. :P

Commits from today for the Rootfs:

Quote:
rootfs-20100405-67bf175.zip

commit 67bf175
Author: Brendan Shanks
Date: Sun Apr 4 23:26:14 2010 -0700

Add RHOD500 keymap (thanks to 1900 and Hoochster)
Any Rhodium 500 users (Verizon Wireless) that want your correct TP2 keymapping, just update your rootfs file, and select your keyboard during the startup utility! Good work guys!

Enjoy!
Old 04-05-2010, 03:56 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evil Evo
Carrier: Sprint

i360 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulari360 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulari360 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.80 (Windows Mobile; WCE; Opera Mobi/WMD-50369; U; en) Presto/2.4.13 Version/10.00)

Hey, enjoying this on my Touch Pro 2 getting familiar with Android and whatnot. Just wish the gps and camera worked but its ok as its helping me understand this new os. One thing I found funny was after setting it up Google sent me an email welcoming me and my Nexus one....

Anyway thank you for this and I hope you can unlock other features in the near future before the Evo is released lol.
Old 04-06-2010, 03:29 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

hellcat2007 knows their stuffhellcat2007 knows their stuffhellcat2007 knows their stuffhellcat2007 knows their stuffhellcat2007 knows their stuffhellcat2007 knows their stuff
Re: [CAB] GSM Project Android Port and Startup Utility [03/31/10] NOW SUPPORTS CDMA

If everyone could get the battery icon to work correctly and the speaker to work I would be ecstatic. Still awesome to show it off.
Old 04-07-2010, 07:46 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

CYoung234 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularCYoung234 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularCYoung234 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Hmmm - still not able to get data working on this, which prevents me from being able to sign into gmail. The phone says "no service", which is odd, because I made sure I checked the Force CDMA in the startup utility. I do have a T-Mobile SIM card installed right now, so that might be part of the problem. Data worked fine with the CDMA only version before I found this one. There is a lot to like about the dual mode and the auto update feature is great.

So, any other ideas? Thanks.
Old 04-07-2010, 09:06 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (Tilt2)
Carrier: AT&T
Threadstarter

Reefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by CYoung234 View Post
Hmmm - still not able to get data working on this...

...So, any other ideas? Thanks.
I am not quite sure what could be the problem, but I have had a couple users tell me that a change in their startup.txt caused the issue. This bottom selection is exactly pulled from the CDMA Rhodium thread. There may be some code left in my GSM startup.txt that is conflicting.

Try changing your startup.txt to exactly this:

Quote:
set RAMSIZE 0x6000000
set RAMADDR 0x10000000

set mtype 2292
set KERNEL zImage
set initrd initrd.gz

#pwf dm.txt 0x8e0000 0x20000

set cmdline "msmvkeyb_toggle=off gsensor_axis=2,1,3 lcd.density=240 htc_hw.force_cdma=1 pm.sleep_mode=1 physkeyboard=rhod400"

boot
Or, maybe I dont know why it would be different for you, but check your APN settings.

http://www.androidonhtc.com/old/carr...twork_settings

Last edited by Reefermattness; 04-07-2010 at 09:08 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-08-2010, 04:25 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

CYoung234 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularCYoung234 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularCYoung234 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reefermattness View Post
I am not quite sure what could be the problem, but I have had a couple users tell me that a change in their startup.txt caused the issue. This bottom selection is exactly pulled from the CDMA Rhodium thread. There may be some code left in my GSM startup.txt that is conflicting.

Try changing your startup.txt to exactly this:

Or, maybe I dont know why it would be different for you, but check your APN settings.

http://www.androidonhtc.com/old/carr...twork_settings

Thanks, but no joy. I edited the startup.txt file - no go. I am also on Sprint and I do not see APN settings for Sprint. I suppose since I have a T-Mobile SIM card in the phone that I can try those settings. BTW, I saw on another thread where people on that thread are seeing the exact thing I am here - their phones will not register on Sprints network for some reason. I will keep trying to fix this - thanks again for the help.

UPDATE: One other thing I noticed, was that the phone keeps coming up in Airplane Mode, and I cannot clear it - it never is able to find the network.

2ND UPDATE: Okay, I got it up and running, but I had to remove the SIM card to do it. I shut it down after verifying that it was working and reinstalled the SIM card. It is no longer working. I will check the settings again, but I think there are still some issues with having a SIM card installed and trying to run CDMA.

Last edited by CYoung234; 04-08-2010 at 05:16 PM.
Old 04-08-2010, 11:41 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Carrier: t mobile

bomber1122 is a n00b

dunno which thread to put it in, but here it goes. Im pretty new to the android development and heres my quesiton after searching for it on the fourms; i have a sprint touch pro2 which build do i install the CDMA verison or the GSM verion IF my carrier is NOT sprint but T mobile?
Old 04-09-2010, 05:25 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by bomber1122 View Post
dunno which thread to put it in, but here it goes. Im pretty new to the android development and heres my quesiton after searching for it on the fourms; i have a sprint touch pro2 which build do i install the CDMA verison or the GSM verion IF my carrier is NOT sprint but T mobile?

If you are on T-Mobile, you are GSM, so use a GSM version of Android. This thread is supposed to be merge of both into one, so you can try it. Since it runs on your SD card, it should not cause a problem.
Old 04-13-2010, 10:11 AM
Lurker

Vipers82 is a n00b

So what APN settings should I use for Sprint? Sorry I not very savvy with these things but am good at following directions. My install is great except for the data portion.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2

Tags
android os, tp2 android apps