View Single Post
Old 04-08-2010, 04:25 PM
CYoung234
PPCGeeks Regular

CYoung234 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularCYoung234 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularCYoung234 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [CAB] GSM Project Android Port and Startup Utility [03/31/10] NOW SUPPORTS CDMA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reefermattness View Post
I am not quite sure what could be the problem, but I have had a couple users tell me that a change in their startup.txt caused the issue. This bottom selection is exactly pulled from the CDMA Rhodium thread. There may be some code left in my GSM startup.txt that is conflicting.

Try changing your startup.txt to exactly this:

Or, maybe I dont know why it would be different for you, but check your APN settings.

http://www.androidonhtc.com/old/carr...twork_settings

Thanks, but no joy. I edited the startup.txt file - no go. I am also on Sprint and I do not see APN settings for Sprint. I suppose since I have a T-Mobile SIM card in the phone that I can try those settings. BTW, I saw on another thread where people on that thread are seeing the exact thing I am here - their phones will not register on Sprints network for some reason. I will keep trying to fix this - thanks again for the help.

UPDATE: One other thing I noticed, was that the phone keeps coming up in Airplane Mode, and I cannot clear it - it never is able to find the network.

2ND UPDATE: Okay, I got it up and running, but I had to remove the SIM card to do it. I shut it down after verifying that it was working and reinstalled the SIM card. It is no longer working. I will check the settings again, but I think there are still some issues with having a SIM card installed and trying to run CDMA.

Last edited by CYoung234; 04-08-2010 at 05:16 PM.