PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-13-2010, 07:08 PM
Wiredengineer
Pocket PC: EVO 3D/Acer Iconia Tab!
Carrier: Sprint

PropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuff
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [CAB] GSM Project Android Port and Startup Utility [03/31/10] NOW SUPPORTS CDMA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vipers82 View Post
So what APN settings should I use for Sprint? Sorry I not very savvy with these things but am good at following directions. My install is great except for the data portion.
On sprint you should not need to do that. When you launch the app be sure to select "force CMDA", and it usually takes a minute or so after your in android to get data. If that still doesnt work go to settings, networks, and have it rescan for networks. Works fine for me. good luck

Edit: also take out your sim card if you already have not done so
Old 04-14-2010, 09:56 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

dub24 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to dub24
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

In order to get the CDMA World phones working (Sprint, Verizon, ect) you NEED to either take your SIM out or in WinMo put the phone on CDMA Only. That can be found in Settings - Personal - Phone - Network tab.
Old 04-14-2010, 10:05 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

Vipers82 is a n00b
Re: [CAB] GSM Project Android Port and Startup Utility [03/31/10] NOW SUPPORTS CDMA

Thank you very much I have everything working. Do you know of an easy way to import my WM contacts to android?
Old 04-16-2010, 07:47 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: RIM 9630/HTC Touch Pro2/HTC EVO 4G/Nexus S 4G

EvanTribley is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vipers82 View Post
Thank you very much I have everything working. Do you know of an easy way to import my WM contacts to android?
www.google.com/sync

Follow instructions to sync WinMo with Gmail and then link your gmail account to android.

**Any views or opinions presented in these posts are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Sprint. Sprint will not accept any liability in respect to any communication from these posts.
Old 04-16-2010, 08:49 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

loader187 is just getting started

Just wanted to let everyone know that charging is working for me and I am on energy rom 6.5 sense ui 2.5 version. The thing is that my battery meter says 8 percent - 23 percent but it still charges. I have left it unplugged for over 4 hours and its fine and then i just plug it in to the wall while in android and it never goes over 23 % in the status bar but it stays charged for over 5 hours.
Old 04-17-2010, 02:22 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (Tilt2)
Carrier: AT&T
Threadstarter

Reefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by loader187 View Post
Just wanted to let everyone know that charging is working for me and I am on energy rom 6.5 sense ui 2.5 version. The thing is that my battery meter says 8 percent - 23 percent but it still charges. I have left it unplugged for over 4 hours and its fine and then i just plug it in to the wall while in android and it never goes over 23 % in the status bar but it stays charged for over 5 hours.
The charging is one of the most recent kernel fixes, so im sure the devs will be glad to hear its working. The battery meter has been worked on a lot lately, and now is much closer than it used to be. At least its somewhat working now, and it shouldn't be too much longer before they have it fixed!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-17-2010, 11:18 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro2
Carrier: sprint sero

texasez is keeping up the good worktexasez is keeping up the good work

I can make and receive calls but I am unable to get data. I am on sprint. I have cdma only selected and have remove the sim card. The 3G symbols shows on top but i get the message when trying to sign in to Gmail that i do not have a network connection.
Any suggestions on getting it to work?

edit:
I can go to the browser and sign into gmail but I cannot sign into market place. It say i do not have a network connection

Last edited by texasez; 04-17-2010 at 11:25 AM.
Old 04-17-2010, 01:55 PM
Wiredengineer
Pocket PC: EVO 3D/Acer Iconia Tab!

PropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuff
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasez View Post
I can make and receive calls but I am unable to get data. I am on sprint. I have cdma only selected and have remove the sim card. The 3G symbols shows on top but i get the message when trying to sign in to Gmail that i do not have a network connection.
Any suggestions on getting it to work?

edit:
I can go to the browser and sign into gmail but I cannot sign into market place. It say i do not have a network connection
Did you try to go into network settings and rescan network. Sometimes I have to do this to "nudge" adroid to connect, usually only one time.
Old 04-17-2010, 02:46 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Incredible, I came from TP2
Carrier: verizon

Baadandy is a n00b

WOW great Job it works great and is very nice change from windows!
I have Mightyrom with cookies, and this Android easy to switch and play.
Old 04-22-2010, 12:30 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: RIM 9630/HTC Touch Pro2/HTC EVO 4G/Nexus S 4G

EvanTribley is becoming a great contributor

I really think this should be considered for a sticky at the top of the page. This is by far the easiest, most efficient way to do Android on the TP2. I am noticing that the thread is slowly creeping down the page and soon might end up on the second page. That would be a shame in my opinion!

Having a built-in updater like this makes it much easier for us to update our Android.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2

Tags
android os, tp2 android apps