PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-31-2010, 05:49 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy Nexus
Carrier: Verizon

imnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [CAB] GSM Project Android Port and Startup Utility [03/31/10] NOW SUPPORTS CDMA

I downloaded the RAR package twice, and both times I got a CRC mismatch on system.sqsh when extracting it.
Old 03-31-2010, 11:08 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc
Carrier: Us Cellular

jafterdark is a n00b
Re: [CAB] GSM Project Android Port and Startup Utility [03/31/10] NOW SUPPORTS CDMA

i install the cab it work but can't get mms to send it work before. it try's but nothing. And can't uninstall facebook so i can update it. on the old one i had to uninstall it to update it can't find it to uninstall it.
Old 04-01-2010, 01:49 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (Tilt2)
Carrier: AT&T
Threadstarter

Reefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by imnuts View Post
I downloaded the RAR package twice, and both times I got a CRC mismatch on system.sqsh when extracting it.

Sorry bud,

I think I had a bad upload, made a whole new .rar if you want to give it a shot again.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 04-01-2010, 02:49 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

Kmagn13 is becoming a great contributor

Seems to be working great with a SPRINT TP2!!! Data is working.... only issue is with the calendar....

DONT FORGET TO HIT THANKS IF I HELPED YOU
Old 04-01-2010, 09:06 PM
Wiredengineer
Pocket PC: EVO 3D/Acer Iconia Tab!

PropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuff
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

working fine on sprint tp2. I really really like the updater and the cab install. So what is the difference between this set of builds versus the other on this forum? Does this have the latest xandroid builds. Thanks!

Last edited by PropagandaX; 04-01-2010 at 09:09 PM.
Old 04-02-2010, 12:00 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Reefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by PropagandaX View Post
working fine on sprint tp2. I really really like the updater and the cab install. So what is the difference between this set of builds versus the other on this forum? Does this have the latest xandroid builds. Thanks!
Nothing special, other than the startup utility and updater. It all started from xdandroid from babijoee, and any time he does an update to the system.sqsh, i update to his as well. I just built this as my own package in a .cab for ease of use. Thanks for the feedback bud.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 04-02-2010, 07:05 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

CYoung234 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularCYoung234 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularCYoung234 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quick question - on the other CDMA Android builds, you could not have a SIM card installed. Is that the same case here? I want oto be able to run either CDMA (Sprint) or GSM (T-Mobile), for when I do not have a Sprint tower close enough. THanks.
Old 04-02-2010, 08:08 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

CYoung234 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularCYoung234 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularCYoung234 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by CYoung234 View Post
Quick question - on the other CDMA Android builds, you could not have a SIM card installed. Is that the same case here? I want oto be able to run either CDMA (Sprint) or GSM (T-Mobile), for when I do not have a Sprint tower close enough. THanks.

Well, it looks like it starts, but it says I have no data service when I try to log into my Google account. So, I will have to troubleshoot that. I did not have my SIM card installed when I did the initial install, so maybe I just need to reinstall, as I never got any type of prompt to choose between GSM and CDMA when I set this up.
Old 04-02-2010, 12:14 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CYoung234 View Post
Well, it looks like it starts, but it says I have no data service when I try to log into my Google account. So, I will have to troubleshoot that. I did not have my SIM card installed when I did the initial install, so maybe I just need to reinstall, as I never got any type of prompt to choose between GSM and CDMA when I set this up.
CDMA is a check box in the startup utility, on the very first page when you start the app.... if you use the .rar, you need to add the cmdline manually, as stated in the directions on my first post.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 04-02-2010, 01:35 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reefermattness View Post
CDMA is a check box in the startup utility, on the very first page when you start the app.... if you use the .rar, you need to add the cmdline manually, as stated in the directions on my first post.
Looks like I am missing something here. I used the CAB and followed these instructions:

Instructions for .cab:
If you are having trouble booting after installing this over an old version of android, make sure that you delete data.img file from your SD card!
  1. Copy to SD card
  2. Install: This .cab has to be installed directly to your SD card or it will not work!
  3. Soft Reset your handset
  4. Run Haret from start menu and enjoy!
So, what "startup utility" are you talking about? I just followed these instructions and ran haret after a soft reset. I never saw a screen asking me to select CDMA or GSM. The first screen that loads is the screen calibration. Thanks for the help, btw...
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2

Tags
android os, tp2 android apps