PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-02-2010, 01:53 PM
AWESOME VIP Member!!
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 - SIM & HSPL unlocked
Carrier: Verizon

WhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [CAB] GSM&CDMA Project Android Port and Startup Utility [7/01] FROYO BETA ADDED!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteBlazer01 View Post
Wirelessly posted (HTC Touch Pro 2: Opera/9.7 (WindowsMobile; PPC; Opera Mobi/35267; U; en; Presto/2.1.1))

I just installed the Froyo build coming from the 06/23 2.1 build, and my wifi does not work. How do I get it to work? It was working in 2.1, so I assume I have not done something correctly yet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by york629 View Post
Just formatted my card and installed the Froyo build. 3G works with the mock apn trick, but wifi wont find my network, it scans and says that is cant run scan, I rebooted a few times, then re installed, does it not work yet? its fine if it dosen't, I just didn't know if it was just mine. Thanks.
My wifi also does not work. I'm waiting to hear about a fix or a solution. I have to use WM for now, or revert back to the 6/23 build.
Old 07-02-2010, 01:57 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

merkk is a n00b
Re: [CAB] GSM&CDMA Project Android Port and Startup Utility [7/01] FROYO BETA ADDED!

using the beta froyo 2.2 build

Is there a way to prevent voice dialing and voice search from running? Since it doesn't work there doesn't seem any point in leaving it running.

Also, is there anyway to get the phone to vibrate when I recieve a txt msg? I can live with vibe only for calls - but no notification at all for txt messages makes it a pain since i have to keep checking the phone.

And thanks to everyone who worked on this. Really cool!
Old 07-02-2010, 02:27 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: IPhone 4G to Iphone 5
Carrier: Sprint PCS

BBHOLIDAY knows their stuffBBHOLIDAY knows their stuffBBHOLIDAY knows their stuffBBHOLIDAY knows their stuffBBHOLIDAY knows their stuffBBHOLIDAY knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBHOLIDAY View Post
Need some help fellas. Downloaded the Froyo build and now the phone says no service. Forgot what i needed to change to get working again. Can anyone help me/ refresh my memory?

Never mind figured it out!

Old 07-02-2010, 03:26 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: US Cellular

york629 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by merkk View Post
using the beta froyo 2.2 build

Is there a way to prevent voice dialing and voice search from running? Since it doesn't work there doesn't seem any point in leaving it running.

Also, is there anyway to get the phone to vibrate when I recieve a txt msg? I can live with vibe only for calls - but no notification at all for txt messages makes it a pain since i have to keep checking the phone.

And thanks to everyone who worked on this. Really cool!
open messaging and hit the menu button (the windows logo) and select settings. scroll down and select vibrate, and enable always on

Last edited by york629; 07-02-2010 at 03:33 PM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 07-02-2010, 05:00 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 / Rhodium

Hugo381 is keeping up the good workHugo381 is keeping up the good work

Not sure if its just me or if its a bug but my Android Gallery App doesnt respond. It never finds pics and just sits there doing nothing till a pop up message asks if I want to Force Kill or Wait. If you wait nothing happens so I have to kill it. Not sure if Im supposed to wait a long time for it to respond or find pictures but I dont have many images on my SD Card for it to take long at all.

This is on the newest build 7/1 Froyo 2.1
Old 07-02-2010, 05:18 PM
Lurker

merkk is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by york629 View Post
open messaging and hit the menu button (the windows logo) and select settings. scroll down and select vibrate, and enable always on
ahh thanks. I was looking around in the mail settings page, didnt think to look there. And you answered my next question - can i get email to vibe when a new message appears

thanks!

Now i just need to figure out how to get apps i'm not using to stop auto-starting.
Old 07-02-2010, 05:18 PM
Lurker

merkk is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugo381 View Post
Not sure if its just me or if its a bug but my Android Gallery App doesnt respond. It never finds pics and just sits there doing nothing till a pop up message asks if I want to Force Kill or Wait. If you wait nothing happens so I have to kill it. Not sure if Im supposed to wait a long time for it to respond or find pictures but I dont have many images on my SD Card for it to take long at all.

This is on the newest build 7/1 Froyo 2.1
same thing is happening to me. Although i dont really care about it since i dont really need a gallery app. Just adding my 2 cents so you know it's not just you.
Old 07-02-2010, 05:23 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 / Rhodium

Hugo381 is keeping up the good workHugo381 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by merkk View Post
same thing is happening to me. Although i dont really care about it since i dont really need a gallery app. Just adding my 2 cents so you know it's not just you.
I dont need it either for my pictures but I need it for my wallpapers. I guess I can try to install by chosing a file manager, its just that in the past I havent had any luck being able to assign wallpapers through file managers only through the gallery or through wallpaper app. I just want to be able to use the wall's i already have saved in my storage card.
Old 07-02-2010, 07:19 PM
Post Master General
Pocket PC: White Evo: Myn's TPT RLS5, Stock Kernel
Carrier: The "NOW" Network

InvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugo381 View Post
I dont need it either for my pictures but I need it for my wallpapers. I guess I can try to install by chosing a file manager, its just that in the past I havent had any luck being able to assign wallpapers through file managers only through the gallery or through wallpaper app. I just want to be able to use the wall's i already have saved in my storage card.
I'm in the same boat as you, doesnt work, but I have a specific wallpaper I want to use from my storage card... i'm sure there's a way.

Best... Member... Ever...
Old 07-02-2010, 07:26 PM
Lurker

merkk is a n00b

ah, i didn't realize the only (apparent) way of picking a wall paper was through the gallery. i don't usually bother with a wall paper so i never looked into it. Although now that i know i cant pick one, i want one
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2

Tags
android os, tp2 android apps