PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-25-2010, 01:02 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (Tilt2)
Carrier: AT&T
Threadstarter

Reefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [CAB] GSM&CDMA Project Android Port and Startup Utility [6/23] EXT2 BUILD ADDED!

Quote:
Originally Posted by madamealaina View Post
I can't get the marketplace to work right for the life of me. I've tried all the different builds to no avail. Every time I download an app, it gets to 100%, tries to install and crashes the marketplace. I can't get anything to install. Any clues? And yes there is plenty of space for the apps to install.
hmmmm, maybe its your storage card. If you can do a full format (not a quick format) to FAT32 and try again, or use a different card. Marketplace works like a charm for me and lots of others, so that is where i would start troubleshooting.
Old 06-25-2010, 01:55 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 3D, HTC Thunderbolt
Carrier: Sprint/Verizon

tornadog is a n00b
Re: [CAB] GSM&CDMA Project Android Port and Startup Utility [6/23] EXT2 BUILD ADDED!

I am trying the 6/23 build on my Sprint TP2. It loads up fine but when I go through the setup, it says no data connection exists. On the WM side I have data connection fine.
Old 06-25-2010, 02:04 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

madamealaina is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reefermattness View Post
hmmmm, maybe its your storage card. If you can do a full format (not a quick format) to FAT32 and try again, or use a different card. Marketplace works like a charm for me and lots of others, so that is where i would start troubleshooting.
It worked great previously. Now it just crashes every time I try to install or update something. At one point, I had changed where I wanted the apps to install. Now I can't find where I did that. It was right after that, that the market stopped working right. I think if I could find where to change the install directory again, it might start working again. I've been searching everywhere and can't find a thing!
Old 06-25-2010, 02:33 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

biff6789 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbiff6789 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbiff6789 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reefermattness View Post
The Sense build is bad and buggy like that
Thanks for the reply, bud. You've been thanked
Old 06-25-2010, 05:41 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

Jackietreehorn is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by tornadog View Post
I am trying the 6/23 build on my Sprint TP2. It loads up fine but when I go through the setup, it says no data connection exists. On the WM side I have data connection fine.
Give this a try...

Quote:
Originally Posted by WoZZeR999 View Post
Setting up an apn worked for me. To do so, goto 'Wireless & Networks' -> 'Mobile Networks' -> 'Access Point Names' -> Press the 'Android Key' -> Name="aaa", Server="internet.com". Hit back, and enable it. It seemed to fix it right away.

Thanks jtown for the tip!
Old 06-25-2010, 07:08 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

kroewe knows their stuffkroewe knows their stuffkroewe knows their stuffkroewe knows their stuffkroewe knows their stuffkroewe knows their stuff

jackietreehorn...lol. thats a good name
you can call me the dude
HTC Touch Pro
Current: HTC Touch Pro 2 - Stock 6.5/2.5
Old 06-25-2010, 10:19 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Htc Touch Pro

SoFocused504 is just getting started

Lately i been having problem with the newest builds i been getting messages like waiting for sd card repeatly...wonder if its my sd card
Old 06-26-2010, 12:16 AM
Wiredengineer
Pocket PC: EVO 3D/Acer Iconia Tab!

PropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuff
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

I have to say this latest build 6/23 is pretty good. Been about a month since I have run it. Had to manual force the data to work using the apn trick. Battery use is moderate, phone runs warm. Charging seems to work (heat?). Screen seems to turn off ok (still set to auto in WM) completely. Market works. Every app I have downloaded works so far. Gps works good, google maps, etc. Screen keyboard works good but seems a little shaky, auto Hovers around 68 mb ram with task manager used. Getting close....
Old 06-26-2010, 06:45 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Motorola Q and HTC TP2

defiantone is keeping up the good workdefiantone is keeping up the good workdefiantone is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by PropagandaX View Post
I have to say this latest build 6/23 is pretty good. Been about a month since I have run it. Had to manual force the data to work using the apn trick. Battery use is moderate, phone runs warm. Charging seems to work (heat?). Screen seems to turn off ok (still set to auto in WM) completely. Market works. Every app I have downloaded works so far. Gps works good, google maps, etc. Screen keyboard works good but seems a little shaky, auto Hovers around 68 mb ram with task manager used. Getting close....
-------------------\
I can't get the 6/23 version to give me data.. back to 6/16...
Old 06-26-2010, 12:42 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch

AndroidTroll is keeping up the good workAndroidTroll is keeping up the good work

I tried a few builds... but im trying to figure out whick one runs the games from the android market the best. As a example, the physics game that you shot a rag doll and try to hit a star. The game runs but slow. Is there a buikd that has hardware accelaration or no? Also... can soneone post a startup file with the overclocking command line added. 768 mhz. I want to see how it looks because I tried adding it myself and I get error messages. And I added it before the kb cmd line aswell.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2

Tags
android os, tp2 android apps