PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-22-2010, 10:48 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2
Carrier: VZN

tyty1978 is keeping up the good worktyty1978 is keeping up the good worktyty1978 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [CAB] GSM&CDMA Project Android Port and Startup Utility [6/16] BUILDS REFRESHED!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie Carbone View Post
Is there a way to make the ear piece volume louder on the TP2? I am running this build and love it, just my ear piece sounds to quiet when on the phone driving. I search postings and have all the volume full blast.... Any thoughts/help appreciated.
that is a known problem and as far as i know it is what it is... meaning no one that i know of has found a way to change it, but there were some people on XDA trying to figure it out
Old 06-22-2010, 12:08 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Motorola Q and HTC TP2
Carrier: Verizon

defiantone is keeping up the good workdefiantone is keeping up the good workdefiantone is keeping up the good work
Re: [CAB] GSM&CDMA Project Android Port and Startup Utility [6/16] BUILDS REFRESHED!

I like the new prolauncher version.. However, the update function crashes...says that it finished ok..but it doesn.t.. then android wont boot..
guess I keep waiting for the major updates...
keep up the good work..
Old 06-22-2010, 12:58 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro2
Carrier: verizon

kevinkempter is a n00b

Guys, I just wanted to pass on some love for the developers who put this latest build together. I'm running the Prolauncher version and it's amazing how much happier I am with my phone. You guys really need to keep it up, your efforts are very appreciated! I eagerly await the next builds to see what else comes out!

I get a few error messages when I boot up, but nothing that stops functionality if I just wait for it to finish. Some apps don't seem to like the build (trapster for example) but the important ones work just fine.
Old 06-22-2010, 05:48 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Iusacell

kabone is a n00b

Hi bros!!! I install the pro launcher version and looks really great, i'm impacient for the next build... but i have some issues... with your help i have calls and sms, i activate the data connection without problems... later i configure the mail (hotmail) and twitter... and works fine... but after that... or in the next time i run android and i want update this apps but make the try of update but doesn't work... it's a bug? or i'm doing something wrong?

I have data conection, facebook have no problem and i'm stil connected in MSN, only don't update twitter or mail...

Thanx for your help
Old 06-23-2010, 10:32 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Tilt 2
Carrier: AT&T

cwizardtx is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onok View Post
ive looked all over the FAQ and what not and cant understand whats going on. I had the android working good off the sd card for about 2 days and it crashed and everytime i try to run it, i get to the Haret Version pre-0.5.3 window where i have to select a script file. when i click run it says, cannot open script file StorageCard\andboot\default.txt. id hate to reinstall android because I downloaded a lot of cool things and modified it. how can i fix this. my email is vivalajustin@gmail.com if you have any idea how to fix it please send me an email or reply to this post. thanks, Justin.
This has happened to me several times. Something is eating startup.txt if you will notice yours is now 0 bytes. Keep a copy in another folder so that you can replace it when this happens.
Old 06-23-2010, 06:42 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2
Carrier: us cellular

FROG_LEG_SALAD is a n00b
Cool Re: [CAB] GSM&CDMA Project Android Port and Startup Utility [6/16] BUILDS REFRESHED!

Quote:
Originally Posted by defiantone View Post
I like the new prolauncher version.. However, the update function crashes...says that it finished ok..but it doesn.t.. then android wont boot..
guess I keep waiting for the major updates...
keep up the good work..
i have that same problem
Old 06-23-2010, 07:18 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

merkk is a n00b

i hope i'm not asking anything that's already been answered.
I downloaded rar file w/sense. I unzipped it so that ANDBOOT is in the root of my sd card. When i run haret, it just says it failed to load file \storage card\ANDBOOT\initrd.gz

Did i miss a step somewhere?
Old 06-23-2010, 07:27 PM
Lurker

merkk is a n00b

think i might have just fixed it by editing the startup file - removed .gz from the initrd filename. Seems to be working now once i did that.

2 quick questions though - is there a way to turn off the phone other then pulling the battery? I know there's a program i can dump in the windows startup folder dealing with the backlight - will that fix the backlight being on all the time even when the screen is basically 'off' ?

thanks

p.s. big thanks to all the people who worked on this and made this possible. You guy rock!

Last edited by merkk; 06-23-2010 at 07:50 PM.
Old 06-23-2010, 08:29 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: OnePlus 8 5G
Carrier: T-Mobile

demonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.1-update1; en-us; AOSP on XDANDROID MSM Build/ECLAIR) AppleWebKit/530.17 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/530.17)

Hold the red end button until a menu pops up. Then select turn off phone.
Old 06-23-2010, 08:30 PM
Lurker

merkk is a n00b
Re: [CAB] GSM&CDMA Project Android Port and Startup Utility [6/23] EXT2 BUILD ADDED!

Ok, maybe it's not fixed. I cant make or receive calls. I switched the phone to cdma only in windows and i also pulled the SIM card. I think the phone is trying to connect to the network but failing, because if i try to call my cell phone from a landline, i immediately, without a single ring, get a recorded message telling me that my call could not be completed and that my phone must be listed as a mobile phone on my list of forwarding phones.

Anyone know whats wrong?

edit: fixed it - just posting this in case it helps someone else. I went into windows and switched it to CDMA only mode. I also removed the SIM card. Neither one helped. I had to edit the startup file in the andboot folder and add force_cdma=1 and then it was able to send/receive calls as well as connect to the net.

Last edited by merkk; 06-24-2010 at 02:08 PM.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2

Tags
android os, tp2 android apps