PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-18-2010, 04:29 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

mikelittle24 is keeping up the good workmikelittle24 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [CAB] GSM&CDMA Project Android Port and Startup Utility [6/16] BUILDS REFRESHED!

If you use the sense .rar package, the initrd file is missing its file extension. Rename it to initrd.gz or else haret.exe won't recognize it.
Old 06-18-2010, 08:14 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

mprimeau is a n00b
Re: [CAB] GSM&CDMA Project Android Port and Startup Utility [6/16] BUILDS REFRESHED!

Is there anything that can be done about my phone freezing up after starting Android? I've had like one successful install where it didn't lock up every time I dimmed the screen. I can get it started and do anything but as soon as I press the hang up button (to dim the screen) and press it again to turn it back on nothing happens. Sometimes my notification light turns green, others red (orange), and sometimes nothing at all...
thanks in advance for any help and thanks for all of the hard work done on this project.
Old 06-18-2010, 09:20 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 3D 4G
Carrier: sprint

dadda is just getting started

How can I download from rapidshare or megaupload cause all it says waiting to be download and never starts
Old 06-18-2010, 10:22 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2
Carrier: us cellular

FROG_LEG_SALAD is a n00b
Talking Re: [CAB] GSM&CDMA Project Android Port and Startup Utility [6/16] BUILDS REFRESHED!

it wont show the 3g and basically not getting a internet connection without wifi connection any ideas
Old 06-18-2010, 11:28 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: OnePlus 8 5G
Carrier: T-Mobile

demonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.1; en-gb; HTC Legend Build/ERD79) AppleWebKit/530.17 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/530.17)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mprimeau
Is there anything that can be done about my phone freezing up after starting Android? I've had like one successful install where it didn't lock up every time I dimmed the screen. I can get it started and do anything but as soon as I press the hang up button (to dim the screen) and press it again to turn it back on nothing happens. Sometimes my notification light turns green, others red (orange), and sometimes nothing at all...
thanks in advance for any help and thanks for all of the hard work done on this project.
I've been having this problem intermittently. I stopped running ATK and keep the screen brightness on brightest setting and it seemed to go away.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 06-19-2010, 01:09 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: WINMO 6.1
Carrier: SPRINT

outbackvandy is a n00b

I am using AOSP version and want to switch to the new version with launcher pro. Should I just download the latest installer and install (cover older files), or delete some files on the storage card and do a clean install?

Thanks.
Old 06-19-2010, 04:47 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Samsung EPIC

uranidiot is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by outbackvandy View Post
I am using AOSP version and want to switch to the new version with launcher pro. Should I just download the latest installer and install (cover older files), or delete some files on the storage card and do a clean install?

Thanks.
OMG THIS THING IS SOOO ZIPPY. I HATE WM NOW! its like wm & ios had a child. now if only they could get sound 2 work. nice! but facebook wont update wtf.

Last edited by uranidiot; 06-19-2010 at 04:50 AM.
Old 06-19-2010, 07:02 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: US Cellular

SteveUSC is a n00b
Question Re: [CAB] GSM&CDMA Project Android Port and Startup Utility [6/16] BUILDS REFRESHED!

Hey Guys, I'm just another thread stalker that never contributes- but I finally signed up, so heres to a start... I've been using android pretty consistently on here for about a week, and I am just entirely impressed by how well you all have this working. Thank you!
I noticed a couple of things in the different ports that I was curious about and I was hoping for some answers, but also hoping my feedback might be somewhat useful for the folks working on this:

1. The first port I loaded was the release BEFORE the June 1st update. I installed the CAB file directly to my memory card, and it seemed to work quite smooth. I was never able to get the GPS to work at all though. Maybe a fluke. Maybe I was doing something wrong?

2. Occasionally I would get the " process not responding" errors for numerous things- It was never a big problem, but it happened for quite a few different things.

3. I tried doing the update through that great looking boot program, however after I did it, my phone would not allow me to use the program anymore. Is there something that needs to be deleted from my card BEFORE doing the update?

4. The issue from 3 led me to wipe my card and try to remove it from my phone to install a different CAB from scratch. I chose 2.1 with Sense. When I would try to install it, it would tell me I still had the Application on my phone. Is there somewhere deep in the phone that I could have been missing some files that I needed to remove? I went through File Explorer and removed everything that I thought could possibly have anything to do with android, but to no avail. Eventually I just told it to install over it, and at the end, it said it was unsuccessful. Well, I ran it anyway. It seemed like it loaded ALIRIGHT, But it was HORRIBLY slow, and HORRIBLY buggy. Is that just how it runs with Sense??

5. Frustrated with that, I removed that one, and Installed 2.1 with Launcher Pro (the newest update as well). I was able to get around the lack of data connection everyone is talking about by setting up that mock APN (Thank you whoever you are....!!!). It seems VERY smooth. Still getting a couple of " application not responding/force close" errors, but not so frequently as with sense, or even the first one I installed.

6. Phone power cycles everytime I try to open Google Maps with this newest release- Anyone else? Any ideas?

7. Paid apps in the marketplace- I know somewhere this came up- Could someone send me a link to that thread?

Alright. Anything anyone of you can offer me would kick a**. Thanks again to everyone working on this. You guys rock.=D> Sorry if I sound like a nag, hopefully it doesnt come across that way, I just figured I'd let you know what I've found in my hours of screwing around with loading it up.
Thanks again.

-Steve
Old 06-19-2010, 11:04 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

YnYng is becoming a PPCGeeks regularYnYng is becoming a PPCGeeks regularYnYng is becoming a PPCGeeks regularYnYng is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

is usb charging working for people in the newest 6/16 ASOP release? I cant get it to charge, the orange LED shows up so i thought it was charging, but then it just shut off randomly. also

when typing a new text message- when going to messages, new then in the "to" field, can we not type in names..? I tried typing in a friends name and it kept reading it as numbers. for example. Sahil was 65656 ( random numbers) but for some people it showed up right away
any one else have this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenscivic View Post
On a side note, I told my fiance what I was doing and she said I am officially a nerd, so I punched her in the ovaries and screamed out "Ppcgeeks ROCKS!"
Old 06-20-2010, 07:55 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: touch pro 2

wickedjinx is a n00b

hi guys, i am using the ECLAIR android and just succesfully ported last night, can anyone help me on how to get MY MARKETPLACE work or on how do i find the file explorer to browse my sd card? any help will be greatly appreciated, thanks.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2

Tags
android os, tp2 android apps