PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-14-2010, 12:26 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Rhodium 500
Carrier: Verizon

moheeb is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [CAB] GSM&CDMA Project Android Port and Startup Utility [6/01] NEW BUILD ADDED!

Quote:
Originally Posted by isangmahal View Post
For some strange reason, certain programs don't work anymore with the 6/01/2010 Android installer cab.

One program I loved using was UrbanSpoon and Yelp. Everytime I tried to install both of these programs, it gives me "Installation error: unknown reason -17". Does anyone know what that specific reason is?
I have the exact same problem with the exact same apps using 6/1/2010 Launcher Pro install from reefermattness.
Old 06-14-2010, 05:39 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

paulbram is just getting started
Re: [CAB] Project Android Port and Startup Utility [04/23/10] 2.1 BUILDS AVAILABLE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmar08 View Post
hey guys, i installed this on my wifes Touch Pro II for T-Mobile service and everything is working great as far as the internet, sms, and mms also. But incoming calls are going directly to voicemail and not ringing to the phone. It can make outgoing calls just fine but not receiving calls. Any ideas on what could be happening or is anyone else having this issue? any help would be greatly appreciated because id love to get android fully working for her to use on this amazing phone.
+1

It was working fine the other day, but now all calls are going directly to voicemail.
Old 06-17-2010, 01:54 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: TP2

krewblink is becoming a great contributor
Re: [CAB] GSM&CDMA Project Android Port and Startup Utility [6/16] BUILDS REFRESHED!

Im kinda of tired of all these updates that are pretty much pointless. Wheres the update when you gonna say SOUND Works!...
Old 06-17-2010, 03:46 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TP2, 2X HTC HD2s
Carrier: Verizon & TmoUS

Blades is just getting started
Re: [CAB] GSM&CDMA Project Android Port and Startup Utility [6/16] BUILDS REFRESHED!

Wifi does not work when overclocked.. It used to.. Battery is showing whats up tho.. I'm going to revert to previous sqsh

I used the system.sqsh found in XDANDROID.2.1.AOSP.13.06.10.7z from http://xdandroid.southcape.org/ so far so good.. Hate launcher pro tho.. I guess it just takes some getting used to.
Old 06-17-2010, 08:37 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

theelite is a n00b

dude, progress ain't pointless.
if you want the update to see that sound works, either fix it yourself or wait patiently until it is figured out by someone else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by krewblink View Post
Im kinda of tired of all these updates that are pretty much pointless. Wheres the update when you gonna say SOUND Works!...
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-17-2010, 03:19 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

perry.rush is a n00b

I agree - Stop Complaining!! I am getting Android for free and not knowing a THING about prgramming THANK YOU!!!

Quick question - After updating android today - when it runs the bottom roy of keys now stay lit up. Anyone else with this going on? Will try again and see if I get the same result.

****edit**** nevrmind - it was just one of those Touch Pro2 flukes. Restarted it and all is well as usual. On a Sad note, I think I may swap to CellularSouth from Sprint - Which means I might have to give up my TP2 . Sprint is driving me bonkers with bad service. Shouldn't have to force roam and use 1x just because. Sigh.

Last edited by perry.rush; 06-17-2010 at 03:38 PM.
Old 06-17-2010, 03:47 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

Want2ride is a n00b

I'm having a problem with data since the most recent update. Phone and SMS work find but no data of any sort. Deleted data.img and rebooted. Used .cab to install instead of .rar. Tried to connect using "Select Network Automaticlly" under wireless settings and still have the same issue.

Any one else experiencing this?
Old 06-17-2010, 04:04 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

kawasaki9r is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Want2ride View Post
I'm having a problem with data since the most recent update. Phone and SMS work find but no data of any sort. Deleted data.img and rebooted. Used .cab to install instead of .rar. Tried to connect using "Select Network Automaticlly" under wireless settings and still have the same issue.

Any one else experiencing this?
I am having the same issue on my Verizon phone. I got the CAB from Reefermattness' website. The older versions were working, but this one isn't. I tried to revert back to an older version and that one isn't working now either. It can't establish an internet connection, asks me if I want to use Wifi. Is that what you are getting too?

I deleted all the files from my storage card. Not sure what happened.
Old 06-17-2010, 04:08 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

Want2ride is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by kawasaki9r View Post
I am having the same issue on my Verizon phone. I got the CAB from Reefermattness' website. The older versions were working, but this one isn't. I tried to revert back to an older version and that one isn't working now either. It can't establish an internet connection, asks me if I want to use Wifi. Is that what you are getting too?

I deleted all the files from my storage card. Not sure what happened.
Yes sounds like the same issue. I also deleted ALL android files from my card before each install. I'm going to revert back and see if my old version will work...

I was able to revert back and my data is working just fine...looks like I will stay where I'm at for now

Last edited by Want2ride; 06-17-2010 at 04:31 PM.
Old 06-17-2010, 04:19 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (Tilt2)
Carrier: AT&T
Threadstarter

Reefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by krewblink View Post
GPS, battery meter, sleep, WiFi, keyboard keymapping, backlight control, Data connection.....

Those are all "pointless" huh?

Way to waste thread space, thanks.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2

Tags
android os, tp2 android apps