PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-01-2010, 12:33 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Verizon

fraggy4 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [CAB] GSM&CDMA Project Android Port and Startup Utility [6/23] EXT2 BUILD ADDED!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reefermattness View Post
If you know how to fix it, then do it. Its considerably easier to port a new file system than it is to decompile windows drivers and read them to see what they do. If you can read code, reverse engineer, or hardware debug then I will point you in the direction to help, otherwise comments like these are unnecessary.
Yeah, my bad. At any rate, hopefully we'll see something in those departments soon, but it functions just fine the way it is. So, I got my data working on Verizon by taking out my SIM card, Starting Wifi, and using the APN trick. You also need to go into the Network Search menu and hit Search Automatically. After that I just hit Force CDMA in the loader and it works every time
Old 07-01-2010, 01:54 AM
Post Master General
Pocket PC: White Evo: Myn's TPT RLS5, Stock Kernel
Carrier: The "NOW" Network

InvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Re: [CAB] GSM&CDMA Project Android Port and Startup Utility [6/23] EXT2 BUILD ADDED!

Perfectly stated. That's precisely the steps I took as well, maybe we should opt to post that info after every other post so that folks wont miss it? (cause you KNOW they're gonna ask without reading lol)

Best... Member... Ever...
Old 07-01-2010, 10:11 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

KoolFrank87 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by fraggy4 View Post
Yeah, my bad. At any rate, hopefully we'll see something in those departments soon, but it functions just fine the way it is. So, I got my data working on Verizon by taking out my SIM card, Starting Wifi, and using the APN trick. You also need to go into the Network Search menu and hit Search Automatically. After that I just hit Force CDMA in the loader and it works every time
I did the apn trick this time and made sure to hit save. That was what i kept missing everytime. Now it works! We should update the Wiki with more detailed instructions so next time we can just say "Check the wki" lol

well anyway, thanks for the guidence!
Old 07-01-2010, 10:20 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 CDMA (RHOD500)
Carrier: Movilnet (Venezuela)

argenisaz is a n00b
Re: [CAB] GSM&CDMA Project Android Port and Startup Utility [6/16] BUILDS REFRESHED!

Quote:
Originally Posted by argenisaz View Post
Hi guys!

I have the same problem, my screen freezes every time it dims. I've already tried deleting my data.img file, reformatting my SD card but I still have the same problem. And it's not new for me, I've had it with previous builds too! And no, my CPU is not overclocked.

I'm gonna try to get my hands on a new SD card, just to rule out the one I'm currently using.

Any thoughts out there?
Ok, I fired up android in GSM mode (no SIM card installed) and my screen works fine. I can lock it and unlock it without a problem.

Once I boot in CDMA it goes haywire! Every time the screen locks (dims) it freezes!

Any thoughts out there on why it works in GSM and not in CDMA?

Last edited by argenisaz; 07-01-2010 at 10:21 AM. Reason: Forgot to mention I don't have a SIM
Old 07-01-2010, 10:35 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: VZW

shadowinc is a n00b

I can't get facebook to sync contacts, even adding it to the accounts page does nothing. (When added, nothing happens, no error either). Using the latest ext android version, and Facebook for Android from the market. Is there another Facebook version that would work better on my Touch Pro 2?

Last edited by shadowinc; 07-01-2010 at 10:59 AM.
Old 07-01-2010, 12:12 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: OnePlus 8 5G
Carrier: T-Mobile

demonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

Quote:
Originally Posted by argenisaz
Quote:
Originally Posted by argenisaz View Post
Hi guys!

I have the same problem, my screen freezes every time it dims. I've already tried deleting my data.img file, reformatting my SD card but I still have the same problem. And it's not new for me, I've had it with previous builds too! And no, my CPU is not overclocked.

I'm gonna try to get my hands on a new SD card, just to rule out the one I'm currently using.

Any thoughts out there?
Ok, I fired up android in GSM mode (no SIM card installed) and my screen works fine. I can lock it and unlock it without a problem.

Once I boot in CDMA it goes haywire! Every time the screen locks (dims) it freezes!

Any thoughts out there on why it works in GSM and not in CDMA?
This may sound strange, but turn the backlight brightness setting from auto to 50% brightness or higher. When mine is set to the lowest brightness setting, I got that lock up, like sleep of death.
Old 07-01-2010, 12:16 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: US Cellular

york629 is a n00b

Great job guys, I am loving the builds of android, thanks for all the hard work you guys do. Now, before I get bashed to pieces, I looked everywhere here for the answer to this question. I know sound isn't working for the speakerphone or ringtones and you guys are working on it I'm sure, but is there a line I can add to my startup.txt to enable the headphones jack? If not that is fine I was just wondering if was an option or not. Thanks again.
Old 07-01-2010, 12:19 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: OnePlus 8 5G
Carrier: T-Mobile

demonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

Sorry, no sound at all yet.
Old 07-01-2010, 12:31 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: US Cellular

york629 is a n00b

Thanks I wait hopeful and patiently. As a side note, are there any tutorials or material I could find to learn how to do what you guys do here? I don't expect to be incredible at it, but I find this very interesting and would love to get into it.

Last edited by york629; 07-01-2010 at 12:39 PM.
Old 07-01-2010, 12:36 PM
Post Master General
Pocket PC: White Evo: Myn's TPT RLS5, Stock Kernel
Carrier: The "NOW" Network

InvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoolFrank87 View Post
I did the apn trick this time and made sure to hit save. That was what i kept missing everytime. Now it works! We should update the Wiki with more detailed instructions so next time we can just say "Check the wki" lol

well anyway, thanks for the guidence!
lol, told ya the solution would be frustratingly simple... I wasted roughly 5 hours by not understanding that I had to remove the SIM card that first day... live and learn
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2

Tags
android os, tp2 android apps