PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-30-2010, 03:23 PM
Post Master General
Pocket PC: White Evo: Myn's TPT RLS5, Stock Kernel
Carrier: The "NOW" Network

InvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [CAB] GSM&CDMA Project Android Port and Startup Utility [6/23] EXT2 BUILD ADDED!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reefermattness View Post
If you know how to fix it, then do it. Its considerably easier to port a new file system than it is to decompile windows drivers and read them to see what they do. If you can read code, reverse engineer, or hardware debug then I will point you in the direction to help, otherwise comments like these are unnecessary.
+1 Reef! I for one will take all the breakthrus as they come since that's about all I can do. Thanks for your time and effort in driving this process on the CDMA side!

Best... Member... Ever...
Old 06-30-2010, 03:25 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

KoolFrank87 is a n00b
Re: [CAB] GSM&CDMA Project Android Port and Startup Utility [6/23] EXT2 BUILD ADDED!

Quote:
Seems to be something with the new APN list, but Im not completely sure. They will work on it tho. Even GSM is a bit buggy it will do things like leave out some of the APN settings.

Thanks for the reply boss, keep us informed!
Old 06-30-2010, 03:36 PM
Lurker

KoolFrank87 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by InvincibleLiving View Post
I got CDMA data working by first doing the APN trick (search this thread) then having the device begin scanning for the network until it times out, hitting the back button, then scanning again. Once you scan the second time it should pick up the signal within 5 seconds or so and then you're good to go. Again, all this info is found in the last 2-3 pages prior to this post.
I found that post and it is also on the Wiki on the main project andriod site but it didnt help me. I am verizon so im not sure if it makes a difference. I may just blow away the build, start over and see what kinda trouble i can cause from scratch. Ill keep you posted if it works for my verizon phone.
Old 06-30-2010, 03:43 PM
Post Master General
Pocket PC: White Evo: Myn's TPT RLS5, Stock Kernel
Carrier: The "NOW" Network

InvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoolFrank87 View Post
I found that post and it is also on the Wiki on the main project andriod site but it didnt help me. I am verizon so im not sure if it makes a difference. I may just blow away the build, start over and see what kinda trouble i can cause from scratch. Ill keep you posted if it works for my verizon phone.
Keep at it, I've seen posts of other VZ users having success.

I took me the better part of the first day to figure it out even though it was simple once I saw what I was doing wrong. The best part is that you only have to do it right that one time and then the settings persist for each boot after that (so far in my case)

Trying to help a fellow virginian
Old 06-30-2010, 03:51 PM
Lurker

KoolFrank87 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by InvincibleLiving View Post
Keep at it, I've seen posts of other VZ users having success.

I took me the better part of the first day to figure it out even though it was simple once I saw what I was doing wrong. The best part is that you only have to do it right that one time and then the settings persist for each boot after that (so far in my case)

Trying to help a fellow virginian

Yea i gotta represent Verizon here in the big VA. Ill make sure to make a nice little guide or something if/when I figure it out.
Old 06-30-2010, 06:37 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

da1stprince is keeping up the good workda1stprince is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by da1stprince View Post
could i just start the android utility and hit update to get the latest and greatest? or do i have to clear what i have on my storage card and install new cab?
anyone??
Old 06-30-2010, 07:49 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2
Carrier: metropcs

reekotubbs is just getting started

Quote:
If you know how to fix it, then do it. Its considerably easier to port a new file system than it is to decompile windows drivers and read them to see what they do. If you can read code, reverse engineer, or hardware debug then I will point you in the direction to help, otherwise comments like these are unnecessary.
hey reefer i can code, point me in the right direction.
thanks
Old 06-30-2010, 08:10 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

YnYng is becoming a PPCGeeks regularYnYng is becoming a PPCGeeks regularYnYng is becoming a PPCGeeks regularYnYng is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
anyone??

you can jus hit update and it will do everything for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenscivic View Post
On a side note, I told my fiance what I was doing and she said I am officially a nerd, so I punched her in the ovaries and screamed out "Ppcgeeks ROCKS!"
Old 06-30-2010, 08:56 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (Tilt2)
Carrier: AT&T
Threadstarter

Reefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIP

Quote:
anyone??
Depends on what you want, its not gonna update the system file for you (yet). So if you want a new build, you have to reinstall, if you just want your rootfs, zimage, or initrd updated, then you use the tool.
Old 06-30-2010, 09:18 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

da1stprince is keeping up the good workda1stprince is keeping up the good work

thanx so much!
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2

Tags
android os, tp2 android apps