PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-08-2010, 12:40 PM
Post Master General
Pocket PC: White Evo: Myn's TPT RLS5, Stock Kernel
Carrier: The "NOW" Network

InvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [CAB] GSM&CDMA Project Android Port and Startup Utility [8/30] FIXED NOISE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wud_e View Post
Hi Thanks for this!

I've only seen 3 issues on my Sprint TP2 phone:

1) The LED stayed on after charging overnight. It stays orange.
2) Windows won't see my device hooked up on USB. I've tried all USB ports and it doesn't see it.

EDIT:
3) If I reboot and go back into Windows I can't get back into Android without a new .cab install. It takes me to a screen that starts with "Launch a script file. Default path is the same where the executable lives..."
1 is a known issue, they're working on it.

2 USB does not work when booted in Android... also working on it.

3 look in the Andboot folder, find a file named STARTUP.TXT , save a backup copy elsewhere on your card, rename it to DEFAULT.TXT , then click the RUN button.

Enjoy

Best... Member... Ever...
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-08-2010, 01:33 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch
Carrier: Sprint

SpoiledK is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpoiledK View Post
Need alittle help. I've downloaded the Blazn cab and tried installing it onto my TP2, but after 20 sec of trying to install, it reboots. I tried to install both cab and I keep getting reboots after about 20 sec. After it reboots, it did not install android. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks...
For anyone having the same issue I was getting, you might want to try this:

Did a hard reset, wait till everything reloads, then installing the cab again on a fresh rom worked... got droid working on my Sprint TP2 now...
Old 09-08-2010, 02:27 PM
Volunteer Newsie
Pocket PC: NS4G
Carrier: Sprint - SERO Premium

beathookup is keeping up the good workbeathookup is keeping up the good work

@InvincibleLiving

Thanks for all the help yesterday finally got Android up and running with full data connections. I'm loving it so far trying to manage and get the best out of the battery life but still find myself carrying a charger with me all day. Look forward to new developments within this project.
Old 09-08-2010, 06:11 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro 2

wud_e is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by InvincibleLiving View Post
1 is a known issue, they're working on it.

2 USB does not work when booted in Android... also working on it.

3 look in the Andboot folder, find a file named STARTUP.TXT , save a backup copy elsewhere on your card, rename it to DEFAULT.TXT , then click the RUN button.

Enjoy
Awesome Thanks!

Gun Doggy Bull Dodga of the WP7 Gang

P7
Old 09-08-2010, 07:02 PM
H the F Up!RED DRAGONS!!
Pocket PC: TouchPro 2
Carrier: Big Red V

Whotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by natemcnutty View Post
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.80 (J2ME/MIDP; Opera Mini/5.0.3521/20.2463; U; en) Presto/2.5.25)

For those with data issues, make sure you take out your SIM card and check the Force CDMA option.

For those having reboot issues, try the non-BLAZN version as it could be the OC or other settings causing it. If you haven't been able to get it working yet, I recommend cleaning all Android files off your card and use the RAR files.
Finally, stop using the updater in the launcher app. It has been known to cause all sorts of issues. Do it manually and you not only learn about the different components, you can keep up on the latest builds without waiting for new CABs and RARs
Thanks for the reply....but Sim is out & Im checkin force CDMA. I now have data on boot but it starts in landscape and suddenly resets about 5-10 s after the initial unlock off of boot. Gonna dl the standard build, erase all android related items from storage card, hard reset device to start completely clean and try again.

APN settings for VZW?? I have searched the entire thread and FAQ and have tried everything it says.........so non blazn build, fresh dl, fresh device HR.......Ill try again.
Old 09-08-2010, 07:18 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO 4G

robj19 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrobj19 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrobj19 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrobj19 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

alright guys i got the trick to work where you call your voicemail in winmo then boot android to work. When you first get into android the speaker is making the hissing sound like before but as soon as you run an app that requires you to use voice command the hissing will stop!! WOW!! Everyone look up an app called TikL in the Market. Its a push to talk app and although it's still in Beta it works pretty good. Talk to your fellow Android users without using any minutes!! NICE!

Don't just say THANKS click it!

Old 09-08-2010, 10:09 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP 2
Carrier: Sprint SERO FTW

o0adam0o is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by robj19 View Post
alright guys i got the trick to work where you call your voicemail in winmo then boot android to work. When you first get into android the speaker is making the hissing sound like before but as soon as you run an app that requires you to use voice command the hissing will stop!! WOW!! Everyone look up an app called TikL in the Market. Its a push to talk app and although it's still in Beta it works pretty good. Talk to your fellow Android users without using any minutes!! NICE!

TiKL doesnt work for me. I can hear them but they cant hear me. Can you explain what you did?
Old 09-08-2010, 10:34 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO 4G

robj19 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrobj19 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrobj19 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrobj19 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by o0adam0o View Post
TiKL doesnt work for me. I can hear them but they cant hear me. Can you explain what you did?
In winmo call your voicemail
turn on the speakerphone
put in your password and just let the voicemail system talk
while that is going on boot android (you will still her talking during the first half of the android boot)
once android has completed booting you will hear a hissing sound coming from the speaker but don't worry it will go away
to make it go away launch any app that has sound once the first sound plays the hissing sound goes away and viola open TiKL and you can now be heard loud and clear.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 09-08-2010, 11:09 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP 2
Carrier: Sprint SERO FTW

o0adam0o is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by robj19 View Post
In winmo call your voicemail
turn on the speakerphone
put in your password and just let the voicemail system talk
while that is going on boot android (you will still her talking during the first half of the android boot)
once android has completed booting you will hear a hissing sound coming from the speaker but don't worry it will go away
to make it go away launch any app that has sound once the first sound plays the hissing sound goes away and viola open TiKL and you can now be heard loud and clear.
Dude it worked! Thanks.. thats awesome! Not sure if anyone else knows about this... made the android port twice as good!

Last edited by o0adam0o; 09-08-2010 at 11:14 PM.
Old 09-08-2010, 11:15 PM
H the F Up!RED DRAGONS!!
Pocket PC: TouchPro 2
Carrier: Big Red V

Whotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whotahn View Post
Thanks for the reply....but Sim is out & Im checkin force CDMA. I now have data on boot but it starts in landscape and suddenly resets about 5-10 s after the initial unlock off of boot. Gonna dl the standard build, erase all android related items from storage card, hard reset device to start completely clean and try again.

APN settings for VZW?? I have searched the entire thread and FAQ and have tried everything it says.........so non blazn build, fresh dl, fresh device HR.......Ill try again.
Alright I am n the club......Love the Froyo!

Did as I said in above quote. Erased all the old and started new, including hard reseting my device for gits & shiggles. Removed Sim card, DLed the Reference build .rar and unzipped to SD.......BOOM data on first boot attempt! No apn, no search for network......Just loaded right up.

Thanks to natemcnutty for the recc. to try the ref .rar. I really like the Blazn theme better so I am gonna DL the blazn .rar and see if I can get same results...

Thanks again!

Last edited by Whotahn; 09-08-2010 at 11:17 PM.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2

Tags
android os, tp2 android apps