PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-02-2010, 12:28 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: VZW Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

natemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [CAB] GSM&CDMA Project Android Port and Startup Utility [8/30] FIXED NOISE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugo381 View Post
Well like I said, I even removed the whole overclock command in the StartUp.txt so I should be running at stock speeds and I get the same problem whether its overclocked or not.

Should I leave the overclock command and just assign it the stock clock value instead of removing the whole command? It doesnt memorize the previous clock speeds when you reset the phone right? Its gotta be defined by the StartUp.txt at boot in order to apply the overclock?

At the moment I am reformatting the Storage Card in Fat32 and doing a clean install from the .rar file and see if I see any difference. I already went through this process 2 days ago but it didnt fix it when using .cab file again.
Yeah, so that's what I get for trying to read and post on my phone. Pulled out the laptop because I couldn't change my post :P

About the startup.txt, as far as I understand, most linux distro's save information about the last startup; however, it is for diagnostic purposes, not for restoring settings. Unfortunately, I have not found whether Android does this or not, or if loading the linux kernel using Haret makes a difference. You could always try forcing the default frequency in the startup.txt so Haret loads it properly.

For formatting the card really shouldn't matter, and I'm not sure this is helping fix people's issues. I know a fragmented card could lead to poor performance, and I guess you could have bad data next to good data. But it doesn't make a lot of sense.
Old 09-02-2010, 01:00 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

astarbllr is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by neudof View Post
I had the same issue, this is how I fixed it...
  1. Uninstalled android
  2. deleted all android files off my SD card
  3. moved everything from my SD card to my PC
  4. reformatted the SD card using the PC
  5. moved everything from my PC to the SD card
  6. reinstalled android
TADA!!
Works like a charm now
I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong, but I followed the above steps and still got nothing. I tried a completely different SD card, still nothing. Even tried the reference build, and still just "Silent" for the phone and notification ringtones
Any other suggestions?
Old 09-02-2010, 02:00 AM
Test one, test two.
Pocket PC: EVO 3D

proxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by astarbllr View Post
I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong, but I followed the above steps and still got nothing. I tried a completely different SD card, still nothing. Even tried the reference build, and still just "Silent" for the phone and notification ringtones
Any other suggestions?
Question...Is your sound working on the windows side of things?

I am talking about system sound not call sounds.

For some reason mine don't work now, perhaps a registry setting, I have been testing some nand files and perhaps that screwed with the registry settings.
Old 09-02-2010, 08:11 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Note 2
Carrier: Sprint Advantage Club

neudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Alright I tried booting to android and haret is asking for the location of default.txt and will not go any farther...

I noticed that what was causing this is that my startup.txt file was blank so here is what I did:
  1. Downloaded the startup.txt in the paperclip (the bigger one has the overclock command )
  2. Made a copy and saved as default.txt
  3. moved both files to the andboot folder
I have been able to bounce back and forth now!

I am still having a problem where once haret launches, the white text freezes right away and will not continue booting. If I reboot my phone and try again it will work fine. So it takes me 2 tries to boot to Android EVERY time...

Any ideas?

Last edited by neudof; 09-02-2010 at 08:48 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-02-2010, 08:42 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: SPRINT

Masterface7 is keeping up the good workMasterface7 is keeping up the good workMasterface7 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Alright I tried booting to android and haret is asking for the location of default.txt and will not go any farther...
That means that something happened to yours and you are gonna need a new one. I recommend you download the matching rar pack and take the default.txt out of there. Also if you are using the startup utility i recommend making a backup of you default.txt on your phone somewhere, for me it erased my defualt.txt a few times so I stopped using it.
What phone do you have?
Programs: PocketIRC, Total Commander, Sprint Arcsoft MMS, Mocha FTP, GCzII, Groovemobile, Dotfred Taskmgr, Resco Radio, Kbd Controller, Explorer ext., Opera Mobile, Opera Mini 5, Skyfire, Bing, Azgard Tower defense, Palm Heros

Last edited by Masterface7; 09-02-2010 at 08:46 AM.
Old 09-02-2010, 08:44 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Note 2
Carrier: Sprint Advantage Club

neudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masterface7 View Post
That means that something happened to your and you are gonna need a new one. I recommend you download a rar pack and take the default.txt out of there.
What phone do you have?
i got it resloved, see the post above you

I am still looking for the answer to why haret hangs on the black screen with white text if you know that
Old 09-02-2010, 09:10 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: SPRINT

Masterface7 is keeping up the good workMasterface7 is keeping up the good workMasterface7 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
i got it resloved, see the post above you

I am still looking for the answer to why haret hangs on the black screen with white text if you know that
glad to hear you got things working and I used to have to boot twice pretty much every time as well although for me it would auto soft rest after a second or 2 then I would boot haret again. Not sure why it started working better for me while I was still using blazn, although i'm giving a build off a ext2 partition a try right now.
Old 09-02-2010, 09:52 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro 2!
Carrier: Jog PCS

steveoski is keeping up the good worksteveoski is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Any other suggestions?
Did you turnthe sound on in android? I believe they are set to silent so u have to go into android setting and turn them on
Old 09-02-2010, 10:24 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: Verizon

Pr1apism is a n00b

Quote:
Any other suggestions?
I have the same issue still, Appreciate the suggestion and the confirmation that it worked for some. This load has been less consistent than some of the prior builds for me. Reboot issues, then re-format got it stable somehow, but now I only see silent as a ringtone option. I've just formatted at least 9 times dumping the virgin content from the blazn rar, re-downloading just to be sure etc. nothing changed.

Not sure what it is, but I'll probably patiently wait for the next build and hope that it works out better for me. I've run out of ideas/things to try - unless someone comes up with something new for us to try?
Old 09-02-2010, 12:36 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Epic

supasanch24 is keeping up the good worksupasanch24 is keeping up the good work

Can someone post the zimage from the 8/26 release please?
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2

Tags
android os, tp2 android apps