PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-15-2010, 02:04 AM
Post Master General
Pocket PC: White Evo: Myn's TPT RLS5, Stock Kernel
Carrier: The "NOW" Network

InvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [CAB] GSM&CDMA Project Android Port and Startup Utility [8/30] FIXED NOISE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by [ACL] View Post
Didnt know where else to really post but since this is the most popular thread i figured i give it a try. I just patched the kernel with some changes that were successful on the nand version. Changes are mostly incall volume fix as well as some speaker stuff.

unfortunately i cant test it fully since im on nand (not haret), so we will need feedback tomorrow. The other devs reported success so im hoping nothing is broken. Glemsom already auto-build the kernel so its ready for download..

thanks fellas
thanks ACL, congrats on the progress. I still need to read up on the pros/cons of nand version vs. haret... right now I'm still in the mode of going with the simplest, easiest solution to running Andro, but at some point I want to delve deeper and contribute to the dev process as well.

Best... Member... Ever...
Old 09-15-2010, 03:12 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (Tilt2)
Carrier: AT&T
Threadstarter

Reefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by InvincibleLiving View Post
thanks ACL, congrats on the progress. I still need to read up on the pros/cons of nand version vs. haret... right now I'm still in the mode of going with the simplest, easiest solution to running Andro, but at some point I want to delve deeper and contribute to the dev process as well.

Expect a new package like thursday/friday. The sound patches just got pushed to the main kernel, there are a couple more waiting, there is some camera stuff i see that might be working and stinebd will have all the bugs worked out for a new system update as well (ill get rid of the huge buttons and stuff thats messed up in the theme as well).

Last edited by Reefermattness; 09-15-2010 at 03:39 AM.
This post has been thanked 10 times.
Old 09-15-2010, 08:15 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

jdr00ejr is a n00b
Send a message via Yahoo to jdr00ejr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reefermattness View Post
Expect a new package like thursday/friday. The sound patches just got pushed to the main kernel, there are a couple more waiting, there is some camera stuff i see that might be working and stinebd will have all the bugs worked out for a new system update as well (ill get rid of the huge buttons and stuff thats messed up in the theme as well).
Woohoo! You guys are awesome! Waiting with baited breath....

~~~~~~~~~
"Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not on thine own understanding. In all they ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths." ~Proverbs 3:5-6
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-15-2010, 09:53 AM
Post Master General

InvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
WOW, all good stuff especially hearing of some possible progress with the camera! Was'nt really expecting that!
Old 09-15-2010, 09:55 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: tp2
Carrier: sprint

orangegator is a n00b

Quote:
Awesome work. I've been using Android on my tp2 for a couple of weeks now and am loving it. =D> Had very few issues. Any chance you can get WEP for wifi working? Most wifi routers are using that and not wpa. Thanks!
Old 09-15-2010, 10:03 AM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)
Carrier: Sprint

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangegator View Post
Awesome work. I've been using Android on my tp2 for a couple of weeks now and am loving it. =D> Had very few issues. Any chance you can get WEP for wifi working? Most wifi routers are using that and not wpa. Thanks!
No router should be using WEP. It's much too easily cracked... Now they also proved that WPA1 is fairly easily cracked, but WPA2 is not so easily cracked, assuming your passkey is fairly long/complex.

The problem with WEP is with a packet injection tool, you can figure out the key in less than a minute with even paltry hardware specs. It is an old protocol, and you should honestly NOT use it. You may as well just run an open network, literally.
Old 09-15-2010, 11:04 AM
Post Master General

As far as housing all the various android files/folders on sdcard, is there anyway to organize some of the extra folders into one place without breaking functionality?

Example: Titaniumbackup creates it's own folder on the sd root. Can this be placed somewhere else, or will it cause the app not to work right?

Basically I want to know if the following folders can be safely moved for organization's sake:
Andboot
Android
cache
data
download
electrum - honestly not sure what app this is related to
gReader
Titaniumbackup

I'm curious of other user's thoughts/solutions on this.
Old 09-15-2010, 11:23 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

pdawg17 is keeping up the good workpdawg17 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by [ACL] View Post
Didnt know where else to really post but since this is the most popular thread i figured i give it a try. I just patched the kernel with some changes that were successful on the nand version. Changes are mostly incall volume fix as well as some speaker stuff.

unfortunately i cant test it fully since im on nand (not haret), so we will need feedback tomorrow. The other devs reported success so im hoping nothing is broken. Glemsom already auto-build the kernel so its ready for download..

thanks fellas
Great work ACL! I have a Sprint TP2 and I can now adjust in-call volume and the external speaker works...external mic does not work however...is that a known thing?
Old 09-15-2010, 11:46 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: tp2

[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdawg17 View Post
Great work ACL! I have a Sprint TP2 and I can now adjust in-call volume and the external speaker works...external mic does not work however...is that a known thing?
last i remember we have this working on nand. So ill need to check what other patches the kernel is missing.
Old 09-15-2010, 04:26 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC TP2

quicktek is a n00b

Forgive me if this has been covered somewhere else in the thread, but I didn't see anything in the FAQ related to this. In the latest BLAZN build, I am unable to get into the market. The screen goes white as if it is going to launch, then just goes away.

Also, I know the headphone jack doesn't work for sound yet, but I'm wondering if anybody has tried using a square device with it? www.squareup.com I assume that the headphone jack is completely dead to the device, but wanted to check.

Thanks to all who have worked on this project, very very impressive.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2

Tags
android os, tp2 android apps