PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-14-2010, 11:01 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

WiseguyY2K is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [CAB] GSM&CDMA Project Android Port and Startup Utility [8/30] FIXED NOISE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by duffguy123 View Post
Umm hello. Long time reader, first time poster. I tried searching but I could not find a solution. While in the android system, the LED light stays orange, meaning its not in sleep mode. I kill all the unnecessary tasks and turn the screen off but it just doesn't go into sleep mode (green). Is there a solution for this or is it still on-going? Thanks in advance.
I'm pretty sure it just stays on, I believe it changes to green when you plug it in.
Old 09-14-2010, 12:39 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

steveholtam is keeping up the good worksteveholtam is keeping up the good work

The light should be green when in sleep low power mode. It will flash orange when checks are made. If your light does not stay green, your battery will not last as long.

I had the problem where the phone would not sleep properly one time. Like most of these little issue, installing a new module/zimage package fixed the problem. So try that.
Old 09-14-2010, 01:03 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Evo Shift 4G

HTCotta is becoming a PPCGeeks regularHTCotta is becoming a PPCGeeks regularHTCotta is becoming a PPCGeeks regularHTCotta is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by WiseguyY2K View Post
I'm pretty sure it just stays on, I believe it changes to green when you plug it in.
This is not true. Green = sleep, orange = not sleep.
Old 09-14-2010, 01:22 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: TP2

tacobob is a n00b

This is fantastic. I hated WinMO and I'm now happily full time booting android.

Question: if I install the latest build from the test page do any of them have the headphone jack working on sprint tp2s?
Old 09-14-2010, 03:28 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

Daveman77 is a n00b

Wow! I'm pretty speechless. Amazing work guys. Android is looking good! One question. I work at a Sprint store and have access to a cellbrite. I want to transfer my contacts from the windows side to android. What android phone should I select as the target phone? Thanks!
Old 09-14-2010, 04:08 PM
Post Master General
Pocket PC: White Evo: Myn's TPT RLS5, Stock Kernel
Carrier: The "NOW" Network

InvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daveman77 View Post
Wow! I'm pretty speechless. Amazing work guys. Android is looking good! One question. I work at a Sprint store and have access to a cellbrite. I want to transfer my contacts from the windows side to android. What android phone should I select as the target phone? Thanks!
Contact transfer most likely will not work since USB functionality is not working yet (aside from charging)

I strongly recommend signing up for a gmail account if you dont already have one and using the stock google sync app... it works exactly as you would expect it to and is by far the easiest contact transfer solution.

Best... Member... Ever...
Old 09-14-2010, 09:49 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy Nexus
Carrier: Verizon

imnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIP

I'm not sure if anyone else has noticed this or not when running Android as I don't keep up with much on troubleshooting in the threads here, but I noticed something today related to power usage. When my phone is 'sleeping' with the screen off, the screen isn't actually off completely. The backlight appears to still be on when its in standby. I never noticed it before as my phone was always in a well lit area until today when sleeping. No idea how to fix it, but I'm sure that if the devs could find out why this is happening (unless this is a random occurence), it may help improve battery life for folks.
Old 09-14-2010, 11:42 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: Boost

mbellot is keeping up the good workmbellot is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by imnuts View Post
I'm not sure if anyone else has noticed this or not when running Android as I don't keep up with much on troubleshooting in the threads here, but I noticed something today related to power usage. When my phone is 'sleeping' with the screen off, the screen isn't actually off completely. The backlight appears to still be on when its in standby. I never noticed it before as my phone was always in a well lit area until today when sleeping. No idea how to fix it, but I'm sure that if the devs could find out why this is happening (unless this is a random occurence), it may help improve battery life for folks.
Its a fairly well know issue.

The work-around is to turn off auto backlight control in WinMo before booting Android.
Old 09-15-2010, 01:08 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (Rhod 400)

tpdjr is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartpdjr is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartpdjr is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartpdjr is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartpdjr is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

hey reefermattness check the android thread call next for android on TP2 and see if you could tell us a little sneak peak of what you devs are working on. thx much is appreciated for all your hard work
Old 09-15-2010, 01:54 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: tp2

[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Didnt know where else to really post but since this is the most popular thread i figured i give it a try. I just patched the kernel with some changes that were successful on the nand version. Changes are mostly incall volume fix as well as some speaker stuff.

unfortunately i cant test it fully since im on nand (not haret), so we will need feedback tomorrow. The other devs reported success so im hoping nothing is broken. Glemsom already auto-build the kernel so its ready for download..

thanks fellas

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2

Tags
android os, tp2 android apps