PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-19-2010, 02:54 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

ryanmv213 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularryanmv213 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularryanmv213 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularryanmv213 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [CAB] GSM&CDMA Project Android Port and Startup Utility [9/16] FRX01 FINAL!

To clear up my sound issues on sprint.
On NRG cookie 21916 9.18.10 using reefers 9.16 build rar when I receive a call neither the sound or the mic work. If I hit the volume up or down button the mic works (caller can hear me) but I still can't hear them. If I enable speakerphone then I can hear the caller and if I disable speakerphone the sound still works without static and I can adjust the volume. If I make a call then the mic, sound, sound up or down, and speaker all work without me tampering.
Old 09-19-2010, 01:33 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)
Carrier: Sprint

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanmv213 View Post
To clear up my sound issues on sprint.
On NRG cookie 21916 9.18.10 using reefers 9.16 build rar when I receive a call neither the sound or the mic work. If I hit the volume up or down button the mic works (caller can hear me) but I still can't hear them. If I enable speakerphone then I can hear the caller and if I disable speakerphone the sound still works without static and I can adjust the volume. If I make a call then the mic, sound, sound up or down, and speaker all work without me tampering.
That's very odd, I have a RHOD400 as well and don't have this issue at all. Did you update from an old build, or did you start with a fresh build? You can update the necessary pieces (zImage/modules, rootfs, & system.ext2... I don't think the initrd.gz was updated at all) and most of the time be just fine, but some changes require a delete of the data.img.

If that's not your issue... Then I'm not sure. Considering I have the exact same hardware, perhaps there's a difference in the radio? I doubt these issues are related to the radio version, but it may...
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-19-2010, 01:59 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

2phonejones is keeping up the good work2phonejones is keeping up the good work

ok im using the last reference build/oc and now whenever i leave my phone in sleep mode for a couple minutes it wont wake up?? i have to soft reset and load back into windows ive never had this problem, any suggestions???
Old 09-19-2010, 03:02 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

ryanmv213 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularryanmv213 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularryanmv213 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularryanmv213 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh View Post
That's very odd, I have a RHOD400 as well and don't have this issue at all. Did you update from an old build, or did you start with a fresh build? You can update the necessary pieces (zImage/modules, rootfs, & system.ext2... I don't think the initrd.gz was updated at all) and most of the time be just fine, but some changes require a delete of the data.img.

If that's not your issue... Then I'm not sure. Considering I have the exact same hardware, perhaps there's a difference in the radio? I doubt these issues are related to the radio version, but it may...
If you don't mind me asking; what rom, radio, and build are you using? Also do you mind uploading the startup.txt you are using or read through the one I have that is at the end up this message? This one gets android started and wifi, internet, phone calls all work. Are you using just what is in reefer's package from 9.16 or did you update the kernel (zImage/modules) from 9.16 or 9.17 and did you update the rootfs from one of the 9.17's? Did you try both incoming and outgoing calls? I had no mic and no sound with incoming calls ONLY; which I found strange. It was my messing with the volume up, down, and speaker phone that changed the mic and sound behavior. When I made the call both mic and sound worked fine and the in call volume and speaker phone options only effected their intended settings.

The results I posted were from strictly the package reefer posted from 9.16 without updating the kernel or rootfs. Although I didn't do a fresh reformat of my sd before I copied reefers rar to the root of my sd card. When I first tried to update to 9.16 final I did reformat my SD but I was originally having trouble getting xdandroid to get past the bootscreen. I used the rhod startup.txt in the raphael xdandroid package with the most up to date kernel and rootfs from the project tracking link and when I finally got xdandroid to work I had these same results with the mic and sound issues on incoming calls. I then installed reefers original package with the startup.txt from raphael and it booted fine but still had mic and sound issues. I will try again with a reformat of my sd card and reefers only package to see if this changes my results but would be interested in trying your exact setup to see if I can mimic the mic and sound working for both incoming and outgoing calls since we have the same device.

This is the startup.txt I have been using:

set ramsize 0x10000000
set ramaddr 0x10000000
set mtype 2292
set KERNEL zImage
set initrd initrd.gz
set cmdline "lcd.density=240 clock-7x00.a11=500 msmvkeyb_toggle=off gsensor_axis=-1,-2,3 force_cdma=1 physkeyboard=rhod400 rel_path=andboot"
boot

Last edited by ryanmv213; 09-19-2010 at 03:28 PM.
Old 09-19-2010, 03:04 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Htc Touch Pro 2

myxheroxfell is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to myxheroxfell

okay, I think I'm missing something. I still can't get service. I have no sim card. I've changed the cdma force to 1 tried resetting multiple times and even just sat and waited to see if I suddenly got service. Could someone please give me a hand
Old 09-19-2010, 03:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by myxheroxfell View Post
okay, I think I'm missing something. I still can't get service. I have no sim card. I've changed the cdma force to 1 tried resetting multiple times and even just sat and waited to see if I suddenly got service. Could someone please give me a hand
I posted my startup.txt that gets android going and all my sprint services work with reefer's rar so you can see if there is any difference in them or just copy it all to a text file and save it as startup.txt. After unpacking Reefers 9.16 rar file I highlighted everything inside the 'andboot' folder and copied it the root of my sdcard and keep in mind I'm still trying to determine why my mic and sound don't work when I receive a call without tampering with the settings. Phone calls, internet, wifi, market all work for me right now. Hopefully arrrghhh will post his set up which may help both of us because we are all on sprint. Good luck.

Last edited by ryanmv213; 09-19-2010 at 03:23 PM.
Old 09-19-2010, 03:39 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Oh shizzle... the format worked. I used the format tool found here that was suggested by teradog SD Formatter 2.0 for SD/SDHC - SD Association

Sound, mic, speakerphone, changing the volume of the sound in call up or down all work for both outgoing and incoming calls. Even my ringer works!!! The only think I noticed has been the same issues others have been having not when I turn on speakerphone with either an inbound or outbound call, my mic stops working (caller can't hear me) until I turn speakerphone off. Thanks for all the help everyone! I'll stick with this setup until Reefer posts his overclocked goodies unless someone is having better results with a different kernel and rootfs.
Old 09-19-2010, 04:13 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanmv213 View Post
Oh shizzle... the format worked. I used the format tool found here that was suggested by teradog SD Formatter 2.0 for SD/SDHC - SD Association

Sound, mic, speakerphone, changing the volume of the sound in call up or down all work for both outgoing and incoming calls. Even my ringer works!!! The only think I noticed has been the same issues others have been having not when I turn on speakerphone with either an inbound or outbound call, my mic stops working (caller can't hear me) until I turn speakerphone off. Thanks for all the help everyone! I'll stick with this setup until Reefer posts his overclocked goodies unless someone is having better results with a different kernel and rootfs.
Interesting. I'm glad I read this before going thru all my stuff

Glad to hear it's workin for ya now. Formatting a card can help tremendously, for whatever reason. Just like deleting the data.img, it fixes things that are odd. The mic on speakerphone issue is a known problem with the new builds. I think the trick of calling voicemail before you launch haret fixes this tho. Gonna test it now.

Edit - Confirmed! If you call voicemail before booting haret, it fixes the speakerphone/mic issue. However, I believe the TP2 has 2 mics for noise cancellation... I think Android is only using the mic on the very bottom of the phone.

Last edited by arrrghhh; 09-19-2010 at 05:10 PM.
Old 09-19-2010, 06:08 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC TP2

krispyllama is a n00b

So far I'm not having to much trouble. Just formatted the sd and laid a fresh install of the standard version. I might up it to blazen soon. The only problem I am having is the google location has seemed to stop working and i keep getting the acore crashing and must be force closed. I'm going to search more indepth on that cause I know they had that problem before.
Old 09-19-2010, 07:08 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: TP2

jenny5 is a n00b
reefermattness.scepterr.info has malware?

Hi all,

I tried to download the Android v2.2 Froyo: Reference FRX01 cab from the Project Android website:

Downloads - Project Android

Firefox and google tell me that the file is hosted on reefermattness.scepterr.info and has malware. Am I supposed to be worried? or is google just messing with me? See screenshots below.

Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2

Tags
android os, tp2 android apps