PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-20-2010, 03:14 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)
Carrier: Sprint

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [CAB] GSM&CDMA Project Android Port and Startup Utility [9/16] FRX01 FINAL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghlu View Post
Actually I am in an area with good signal tho. In winmo 6.5 it always gives me Evdo speed. Hum, maybe I'll walk around and see if speed improve....
Well not sure what to tell you... in theory the signal strength should be identical, but there's been rumblings that they're not the same...

However, I've noticed my phone is almost always says "3g" and not "E"... Just lettin you know what those mean
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-20-2010, 04:01 PM
I MADE IT!!!
Pocket PC: MIUI Powered 3VO, MikFroyo'd EVO & Energized Pro 2

ooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to ooxteme

i rarely see E unless in a building of some sort

TEAM MiK
Member Since 12/30/10
Old 09-20-2010, 10:22 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: TP 2

dannyqin is a n00b

need help.....
it is so exiting to installed the newest android 2.2 version no my sprint TP2, every thing works find except the GPS and Google voice. can anyone helps me?
Old 09-20-2010, 10:35 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

astarbllr is a n00b

I've been loving these android builds. By any chance, on the touch pro 2 on Sprint, has the headphone jack been enabled? I tried the 9/16 build but I wasn't able to get it working. There was some language I saw had to be added to the default.txt, but I could still never get any audio coming out of either the headphone jack or the HTC headset.
Old 09-21-2010, 12:22 AM
Post Master General
Pocket PC: White Evo: Myn's TPT RLS5, Stock Kernel
Carrier: The "NOW" Network

InvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyqin View Post
need help.....
it is so exiting to installed the newest android 2.2 version no my sprint TP2, every thing works find except the GPS and Google voice. can anyone helps me?
For GPS open Maps and just let it sit for 10 mins it will eventually lock, annd then it will lock quickly from there on.

Google voice has been hit or miss for me...

Sent from my MSM using Tapatalk

Best... Member... Ever...
Old 09-21-2010, 12:25 AM
Post Master General
Pocket PC: White Evo: Myn's TPT RLS5, Stock Kernel
Carrier: The "NOW" Network

InvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Quote:
Originally Posted by astarbllr View Post
I've been loving these android builds. By any chance, on the touch pro 2 on Sprint, has the headphone jack been enabled? I tried the 9/16 build but I wasn't able to get it working. There was some language I saw had to be added to the default.txt, but I could still never get any audio coming out of either the headphone jack or the HTC headset.
AFAIK headphone jack is still a work in progress... not sure though as I don't use it anyway.

Sent from my TP2 using Tapatalk
Old 09-21-2010, 09:49 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: Verizon

Pr1apism is a n00b

I searched the thread and saw it discussed a few times but never saw a fix or confirmation that its a known issue etc....

GoogleTalk has disappeared from the 9.16 reference build, searching the marketplace doesn't find GoogleTalk (I think by design because its supposed to be pre-installed on all android phones). Any way to fix? any working apks out there?

Thanks
Old 09-21-2010, 12:26 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pr1apism View Post
GoogleTalk has disappeared from the 9.16 reference build, searching the marketplace doesn't find GoogleTalk (I think by design because its supposed to be pre-installed on all android phones). Any way to fix? any working apks out there?
It was removed from the upstream package for GServices... As in it was removed by Google, not the devs. I believe there are some APK's floating around...

Quote:
Originally Posted by astarbllr View Post
There is, but it basically breaks ALL other sound functionality - you have to put the snd.force command in your startup.txt, and plug in some headphones in WinMo, call voicemail and boot haret while the call is running. The 3.5mm jack will work, but nothing else will - I also noticed some funky noises coming out of my speaker when I was playing music thru the headphone jack... It's very much still a work-in-progress!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyqin View Post
need help.....
Google Voice... are you having the + dialing issue...? Or what? If so, you need to add "north_am_dialing=1" to your cmdline in the startup.

For GPS, I found the BEST thing to do is use QuickGPS at least once a week on WinMo before booting Android. I'm sure there's an app that does this for Android as well, I'd love to know if anyone is aware of one!!

Using the QuickGPS method tho helps immensely with lock-on ability in Android as well as WinMo.
Old 09-21-2010, 02:11 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

2phonejones is keeping up the good work2phonejones is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by InvincibleLiving View Post
AFAIK headphone jack is still a work in progress... not sure though as I don't use it anyway.

Sent from my TP2 using Tapatalk
I read there was a fix, just call your vm while in windows with your headphones in and the then just headphones will work only while in android dont quote me i have not tested.
Old 09-21-2010, 03:02 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

lilpharaoh2003 is a n00b

hey all ive been checking on the website for xdandriod and for the past couple days its said NOTE: BLAZN 9/16 Update pulled due some testers reports. Will fix problem and reupload either tonight or tomorrow. Reference version is GOOD TO GO!!!

does anyone know when it will be put back up? and how we will know cause i keep looking at the date and its not changing and im waiting for the fixed version so i can install it. thanks
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2

Tags
android os, tp2 android apps