PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-22-2010, 05:46 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

butler360 is keeping up the good workbutler360 is keeping up the good workbutler360 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [CAB] GSM&CDMA Project Android Port and Startup Utility [10/04] BATT UPDATES!

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh View Post
Seriously?!? Dude... at least read what's going on before posting. Either a) you hack up the rootfs or b) keep your phone back - don't update. I even mentioned this on this page!!
Yes I saw those, I was hoping for something a bit more feasible.

Ah, whatever, I give up.
Old 10-22-2010, 05:53 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)
Carrier: Sprint

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Re: [CAB] GSM&CDMA Project Android Port and Startup Utility [10/04] BATT UPDATES!

Quote:
Originally Posted by butler360 View Post
Yes I saw those, I was hoping for something a bit more feasible.

Ah, whatever, I give up.
What do you want? A bit more feasible? Oy ve, I'm not sure I can keep helping out around here, this is getting out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by subprime View Post
Yes. Are you using usb headphones when you boot into android or are you using headphones plugged into the 3.5mm jack on the extUSB?
3.5mm. I don't have the extUSB with me, I'll try it when I get home...
Old 10-22-2010, 05:59 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

butler360 is keeping up the good workbutler360 is keeping up the good workbutler360 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
What do you want? A bit more feasible? Oy ve, I'm not sure I can keep helping out around here, this is getting out of hand.
Hey, I already said I'd given up.
Old 10-22-2010, 06:14 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by butler360 View Post
Hey, I already said I'd given up.
Sorry, I think I need a couple day break from the forums. All this keymap stuff is driving me crazy. I have a list of excuses for my behavior, but I won't list them

No hard feelings (I hope), I'm going to go punish my liver.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 10-22-2010, 06:19 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Sorry, I think I need a couple day break from the forums. All this keymap stuff is driving me crazy. I have a list of excuses for my behavior, but I won't list them

No hard feelings (I hope), I'm going to go punish my liver.
Hah! No worries.
Old 10-22-2010, 06:26 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro 2

josidhe is a n00b

Though I would like to add another voice to using the top button as a Home key, I don't mind figuring out how to hack it in myself (though hopefully it's fairly straight forward or explained somewhere, because if I have to learn programming to do it, this might as well be a Linux forum 15 years ago).

My main concern is, Android is heralded as the perfect multitasking mobile OS, and the recent programs menu was one of the primary tools for app switching. End key as home, though useful, is neutered, and incapable of performing the full range of functionality Home key offered. We can argue about "keeping power as power", but you can't really play semantics and technicalities when we're already misusing the Start key as the Menu key (a functionality completely absent in WinMo). If we're willing to reassign one based on *translating* functionality, it's no less reasonable to reassign another.

But all that aside, IS there another way to access recent programs? Is there any app, hack, switch, or anything anywhere within or without Android that brings that menu up when you don't have a Home key? IS there another way to pull up screen previews in LauncherPro?
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-22-2010, 06:45 PM
Regular 'Geeker

manekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by josidhe View Post
Though I would like to add another voice to using the top button as a Home key, I don't mind figuring out how to hack it in myself (though hopefully it's fairly straight forward or explained somewhere, because if I have to learn programming to do it, this might as well be a Linux forum 15 years ago).

My main concern is, Android is heralded as the perfect multitasking mobile OS, and the recent programs menu was one of the primary tools for app switching. End key as home, though useful, is neutered, and incapable of performing the full range of functionality Home key offered. We can argue about "keeping power as power", but you can't really play semantics and technicalities when we're already misusing the Start key as the Menu key (a functionality completely absent in WinMo). If we're willing to reassign one based on *translating* functionality, it's no less reasonable to reassign another.

But all that aside, IS there another way to access recent programs? Is there any app, hack, switch, or anything anywhere within or without Android that brings that menu up when you don't have a Home key? IS there another way to pull up screen previews in LauncherPro?
I 100% agree, but for whatever reason, it seems that the devs minds are made up on this, and feedback is distinctly unwelcomed.

There is no way to fix this without either giving up all new kernel progress on getting the hardware working or becoming a programmer and forking your own branch of rootfs development.

The cons are we gave up multitasking via Recent Apps and we gave up the ability to use any program that uses the home key like Launcher Pro and we made it harder for new users who now need to go into Spare Parts to change settings before using a fresh install.

The only pro is that it's easier for users that aren't using XDAndroid fulltime to remember which button is which, and I don't see why that's a user segment XDAndroid should be focusing on for the long-term.

Last edited by manekineko; 10-22-2010 at 06:52 PM.
Old 10-22-2010, 07:42 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

mjv09 is a n00b

Headphones ARE working w/ USB to 3.5mm adapter to my earplugs.. !! unplug them music plays thru ext speaker... phone/sms rings thru ext speaker when unplugged... works 100% !!!!!! plugged back in to music... works perfectly !! (again.. this is with USB to 3.5mm adapter..can buy them on ebay for $1.85) ..... also my batt life is amazing on latest release.. drops only 5% hr in sleep mode... AMAZING... !! going fulltime Android !
Awesome job guys !!!!
Old 10-22-2010, 08:08 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (Rhod 400)

tpdjr is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartpdjr is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartpdjr is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartpdjr is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartpdjr is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Do you have a dead button? No. Sleep function? It's the power button. Of course it's lame not to update, you're the one whining about something not working how you think it should work. This is how the devs feel it should work. Don't like it, keep your phone back. I'm just giving you an option to your stubbornness, take it or leave it.[/QUOTE]

+1 arrghhh this is the perfect response for a whiner lol
Old 10-22-2010, 08:12 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (Rhod 400)

tpdjr is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartpdjr is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartpdjr is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartpdjr is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartpdjr is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

[QUOTE=butler360;1979470]Yes I saw those, I was hoping for something a bit more feasible.

Dude just stop posting about this. It the way it should be so if you don't like it go back to the old rootfs or stop complaining.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2

Tags
android os, tp2 android apps