PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-22-2010, 11:09 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: T-Mobile NL

StarLite is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [CAB] GSM&CDMA Project Android Port and Startup Utility [10/04] BATT UPDATES!

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh View Post
Update. The new rootfs/kernels should fix this issue.
I'm using the 20-10 version, is there a newer version that I'm not aware of?
Old 10-22-2010, 11:13 AM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)
Carrier: Sprint

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Re: [CAB] GSM&CDMA Project Android Port and Startup Utility [10/04] BATT UPDATES!

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarLite View Post
I'm using the 20-10 version, is there a newer version that I'm not aware of?
There's a rootfs dated 22-10 - do you have it? For the kernel that appears to be the newest. Why can't you just check the autobuild site...?
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 10-22-2010, 11:17 AM
Post Master General
Pocket PC: White Evo: Myn's TPT RLS5, Stock Kernel
Carrier: The "NOW" Network

InvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Wow, lots of activity in here, been on travel for a few days but I see a few things may never change:

People never search, not even a page back or even a few posts UP on the same page to find an answer...

And Arrhhgghgheeheh (lol) will be a VIP in a matter of hours for all his help in here.

Best... Member... Ever...
Old 10-22-2010, 01:12 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVo

subprime is keeping up the good worksubprime is keeping up the good work

Quote:
That would be the headphone jack

Mr. Medic is close. Here's the full trick, it's pretty cumbersome - you have to add snd.force_headset=X, where X is - 1=USB headset, 2=3.5mm headset.

Now you also must plug in the headphones while in WinMo, and I believe you also have to make a call so the headphones are being used, while booting Android. I don't think I tested it both ways, I always just did the test call first.

Be warned, this will break ALL other audio. So only audio going thru the headphones will work, regardless of whether or not you have something plugged into them As if that wasn't a bad enough downside, I noticed some very odd noises coming from the speaker (not loud) when I was playing music thru the headphones. So it's not ideal by any means, but it does work. I'm working with the devs to get 3.5mm up (it works for the Blackstone) but there's other more pressing matters ATM unfortunately. Too much to do!
I tried this using the usb headset and it worked perfectly. Also, once I removed the headset I was getting all audio normally. The phone rang thru the external speaker and when I answered the call the audio came thru the internal speaker. For the hell of it I plugged in the ext usb adapter that came with the touch pro to try the 3.5 jack and it worked perfectly too.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 10-22-2010, 01:48 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by subprime View Post
I tried this using the usb headset and it worked perfectly. Also, once I removed the headset I was getting all audio normally. The phone rang thru the external speaker and when I answered the call the audio came thru the internal speaker. For the hell of it I plugged in the ext usb adapter that came with the touch pro to try the 3.5 jack and it worked perfectly too.
Oh really now... I guess I should try this again. It's been a while since I gave it a shot. Thanks for the info.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 10-22-2010, 01:48 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: SGS III

fishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by InvincibleLiving View Post
Wow, lots of activity in here, been on travel for a few days but I see a few things may never change:

People never search, not even a page back or even a few posts UP on the same page to find an answer...

And Arrhhgghgheeheh (lol) will be a VIP in a matter of hours for all his help in here.
If he only got the thanks he deserves for answering the same questions over and over that are clearly marked in Reef's FAQ, lol
Old 10-22-2010, 01:50 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: SGS III

fishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by subprime View Post
So you made the changes as arrggghhhh noted in the startup.txt and used it manually (along with the other changes he noted)? I'm thinking I'm gonna give it a shot this weekend, that would be great if it works like that!
Old 10-22-2010, 02:52 PM
The Pusher Man
Pocket PC: BB
Carrier: Sprint - Simply Everything

Lsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Spare parts -> End Key Behavior.
Sure it is. You get the home button back... Sure long press doesn't work like it used to, but I think that would require changes to the base system which is highly undesirable.
Keep your versions back if it's that big of a deal to you.
Sure it is? So where is the sleep function? Do I have a dead button still?, and to say not to update because of that is lame. Its never a good idea not to update. Its not the same, problem not solved, and not updating is NOT the answer.
Old 10-22-2010, 03:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVo

subprime is keeping up the good worksubprime is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishingmedic View Post
So you made the changes as arrggghhhh noted in the startup.txt and used it manually (along with the other changes he noted)? I'm thinking I'm gonna give it a shot this weekend, that would be great if it works like that!
Yes. Added the line to startup, plugged in the usb headphones, made the call to vm and then ran haret. I don't know if it matters but I'm using the Blazn from 9/29.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-22-2010, 03:22 PM
Is Discombobulated!!
Pocket PC: Vzw touch pro 2/Thunderbolt
Carrier: verizon

Straitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to Straitup27 Send a message via MSN to Straitup27

ok my search results have been few and haven't mentioned my issue so either its me or i didn't search with correct android lingo,all works well except a few widgets,some when launched force me to soft reset,i have tried a few things as per some results that said they couldn't get widgets working but found no direct mention of launching some forcing device to soft reset

if i have overlooked this issue and the results i apologize and say the let the flaming of me begin

Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2

Tags
android os, tp2 android apps