PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-20-2010, 12:20 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Touch PRO 2 (Sprint)
Carrier: Sprint

ModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [CAB] GSM&CDMA Project Android Port and Startup Utility [10/04] BATT UPDATES!

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh View Post
Microphone jack... as in just the mic, or do you mean with a wired headset...?

The mic *should* be working on the new kernel. It seems some devices may still be left in the cold, I'm not sure why tho. Are you having the incoming call issue where no one can hear you...? Calling voicemail in WinMo first while the phone boots should fix this.

There's a couple of other mic issues out there that I know of. The mic doesn't work on apps, and the mic doesn't work on the speakerphone. I believe the calling voicemail first trick fixes all of those issues - although I don't think I've tested the in-call mic w/speakerphone after calling vm first.
What Im talking about is Using Pandora and using an audio cable to connect it to the auxillary input in my car and listening to pandora through my car. If thats the mic then yes thats what Im talking about.

When I tried Updating Android it tells me server not available. So it looks like I have to download it again from the OP before I do can you confirm that we are talking about the same thing.

Thanks

Old 10-20-2010, 01:00 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: SGS III

fishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the community
Re: [CAB] GSM&CDMA Project Android Port and Startup Utility [10/04] BATT UPDATES!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ModmyPPC View Post
What Im talking about is Using Pandora and using an audio cable to connect it to the auxillary input in my car and listening to pandora through my car. If thats the mic then yes thats what Im talking about.

When I tried Updating Android it tells me server not available. So it looks like I have to download it again from the OP before I do can you confirm that we are talking about the same thing.

Thanks
I believe the work-around you're looking for is to plug in your adapter to the headphone jack and boot into android. If I remember, this was a work around previously but it will break your speaker working on the phone itself for a phone call, until you reboot to WM and then reboot normally into android without the speaker jack plugged in. Haven't tried this with any of the latest kernels though to see if it still works.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-20-2010, 01:29 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G

gdavis612 is a n00b

Anyone having a problem getting fancy widget to work? i have a 3g connection and everything works fine with the market place.. but it keeps saying it cannot access the link and forces me to shut it down.. i did a search but i cant find anything about it..
Old 10-20-2010, 02:21 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ModmyPPC View Post

Thanks
That would be the headphone jack

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishingmedic View Post
I believe the work-around you're looking for is to plug in your adapter to the headphone jack and boot into android. If I remember, this was a work around previously but it will break your speaker working on the phone itself for a phone call, until you reboot to WM and then reboot normally into android without the speaker jack plugged in. Haven't tried this with any of the latest kernels though to see if it still works.
Mr. Medic is close. Here's the full trick, it's pretty cumbersome - you have to add snd.force_headset=X, where X is - 1=USB headset, 2=3.5mm headset.

Now you also must plug in the headphones while in WinMo, and I believe you also have to make a call so the headphones are being used, while booting Android. I don't think I tested it both ways, I always just did the test call first.

Be warned, this will break ALL other audio. So only audio going thru the headphones will work, regardless of whether or not you have something plugged into them As if that wasn't a bad enough downside, I noticed some very odd noises coming from the speaker (not loud) when I was playing music thru the headphones. So it's not ideal by any means, but it does work. I'm working with the devs to get 3.5mm up (it works for the Blackstone) but there's other more pressing matters ATM unfortunately. Too much to do!
This post has been thanked 5 times.
Old 10-20-2010, 02:23 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro Zwei
Carrier: TNN (the now network)

bdurst08 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbdurst08 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbdurst08 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbdurst08 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbdurst08 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by x10guy View Post
Not sure what you are talking about. Reefer is still here and providing updates. He is just really busy and I'm sure he can't handle all the questions that are being asked. And I don't think we want him too. We want him to focus on the updates. Others like arrghh have been extremely helpful but your comment about him managing this thread now is a bit off base.
I know that Reefer is still doing the updates. When i started using android Reefer was 'managing' this thread, answering question as well. And lately I have seen arrghh taking in terms of help and asnwering question etc... I was just curious as I had not seen reefer around in a while. i am very grateful that reefer is still doing the updates and i love his work and will continue to use it.
Quote:
Yea I hardly 'manage' anything around here I just try to help where & when I can.

Reef does his thing - he's been very busy as x10guy just said, but Reef has not gone anywhere I can assure you. Talked to him on IRC last night in fact

I certainly do appreciate all the thanks clicks guys. I'm almost a VIP now
I think you are doing a great jon helping everyone out, especially since u prolly do answer the same question 50 times a day...
Thanks again for all you help!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishingmedic View Post
Reefer doesn't need to show his face around, that's what his FAQ's are for, along with peeps like Arrrghhh and others to help answer questions. I personally would rather him spend his time developing rather than answer the same questions over and over as you can tell by reading the thread, many people don't bother searching or even reading the great FAQ's that would prob answer most of the questions.

You should be a VIP based on your assistance in this thread, but you're not even half way there based on Rep, it's based on post count. You clearly deserve a lot more thanks than you're getting around here... peeps need to show some thanks (you don't ask for thanks or donations, but deserve them!
Like I said,I agree. I was just curious as I had not seen him around lately and he used to by around alot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reefermattness View Post
I'm still here guys, was just busy on another project. BLAZN is still coming soon, and ill probably incorporate some new stuff i learned making this new theme.
NO Worries...I wasnt bashing at all. I would gladly try any project you have. You have been doing an amazing job w/ this thread. I really appreciate all the hard work you have been putting in. Thanks and thanked!
Old 10-20-2010, 02:58 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

x10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdurst08 View Post
NO Worries...I wasnt bashing at all. I would gladly try any project you have. You have been doing an amazing job w/ this thread. I really appreciate all the hard work you have been putting in. Thanks and thanked!
Thanks for the clarification. I think that your previous post was just written in an way that seemed to be a bit negative on Reefer... judging from the way people reacted. Maybe it was late, but thanks for clearing it up.
Old 10-20-2010, 05:40 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

jpriset is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjpriset is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjpriset is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Does anyone know why pressing the top power button puts the phone to sleep?(the same as the end key)

It used to bring you back to the home screen which was much better. Thanks.
Old 10-20-2010, 05:47 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpriset View Post
Does anyone know why pressing the top power button puts the phone to sleep?(the same as the end key)

Here we go again...

Go to spare parts & change the end key behavior to be HOME. Problem solved. You should probably read what's in the update, before you update.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 10-20-2010, 07:11 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro 2

tomc585 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpriset View Post
Quote:
Here we go again...
Go to spare parts & change the end key behavior to be HOME. Problem solved. You should probably read what's in the update, before you update.
lol.....DéjÃ* vu?
Roaming only option?
Old 10-20-2010, 08:44 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

2phonejones is keeping up the good work2phonejones is keeping up the good work

Ive been getting google framework process force close error for the past 2 days whenever i try to download from market and even when using other apps?? ive searched for answers for hours please help!!!!!!!!
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2

Tags
android os, tp2 android apps