PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-26-2010, 01:37 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: Verizon

coolsilver is keeping up the good workcoolsilver is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomc585 View Post
Still no wifi. when i select it to turn it on it goes on for a second then goes off while its scanning. I have installed the newest files from Main Page - The XDAndroid Project and Linux kernel zImages and modules for htc-msm-linux.
Any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks.
Had the same problem recently. Sometimes the new modules don't install due to old ones still in the data.img.

Backup your apps and settings and delete your data.img.

Sent from my HTC Touch Pro 2 on Android with Tapatalk Pro.
Old 10-26-2010, 03:30 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: moto q
Carrier: sprint

Kenaf is a n00b
Re: [CAB] GSM&CDMA Project Android Port and Startup Utility [10/04] BATT UPDATES!

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolsilver View Post
Had the same problem recently. Sometimes the new modules don't install due to old ones still in the data.img.

Question about this, probably been covered before but... what's the best way to backup your apps and settings before deleting the data.img file?

On a side note, just had another deep sleep.. had to pull the battery. Are there any known fixes to this or is it still a work in progress?
Old 10-26-2010, 05:02 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)
Carrier: Sprint

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Re: [CAB] GSM&CDMA Project Android Port and Startup Utility [10/04] BATT UPDATES!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenaf View Post
Question about this, probably been covered before but... what's the best way to backup your apps and settings before deleting the data.img file?

On a side note, just had another deep sleep.. had to pull the battery. Are there any known fixes to this or is it still a work in progress?
Titanium Backup. Sleep has been an on-and-off issue. If it concerns you, stick to WinMo. Same goes for data loss - if it concerns you, stick to WinMo.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 10-26-2010, 07:05 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: Verizon

coolsilver is keeping up the good workcoolsilver is keeping up the good work
I concur Titanium Backup is just awesome.

Old 10-26-2010, 08:39 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: SGS III

fishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh View Post
Titanium Backup. Sleep has been an on-and-off issue. If it concerns you, stick to WinMo. Same goes for data loss - if it concerns you, stick to WinMo.
Quote:
I concur Titanium Backup is just awesome.

Never realized just how nice Titanium backup was until I used it today to completely rebuild my TP2. Between sashimi for WM and titanium backup, I was done in no time! From a hard reset to having two OS's up and running in a flash!! pun intended....lol
Old 10-27-2010, 12:12 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

joeshmoe1980 is a n00b

Hi, I have a question on the 3.5 audio jack and the external audio through the microusb jack.

Are these supposed to be working or not?

Also i noticed that video playback for mp4's doesn't seem to work.

not sure if that is the norm or i did something wrong.

Thanks,

Edwin
Old 10-27-2010, 12:19 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (Rhod 400)

tpdjr is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartpdjr is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartpdjr is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartpdjr is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartpdjr is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeshmoe1980 View Post
Hi, I have a question on the 3.5 audio jack and the external audio through the microusb jack.

Are these supposed to be working or not?

Also i noticed that video playback for mp4's doesn't seem to work.

not sure if that is the norm or i did something wrong.

Thanks,

Edwin
The 3.5 audio jack doesn't work yet but there is a dirty fix where you put your earphones in the 3.5mm jack and then boot into android although it cuts all sound from the external speaker. The mp4 is being worked on, there are things that are making android not reading the mp4 files correctly just yet. Just keep waiting and I am sure that this will all be eventually fixed. The devs are have made bounds and leaps so just hold on for the ride
Old 10-27-2010, 09:03 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro 2

tomc585 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
just tried this and it still not working, turns on for a second (says scanning for networks) then turns off. I never see an icon for it in the top bar. Now I get google gapps errors.
If I start from scratch what order should i install the files and which ones should i use that others are having success with? thanks.
Old 10-27-2010, 10:56 AM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomc585 View Post
just tried this and it still not working, turns on for a second (says scanning for networks) then turns off. I never see an icon for it in the top bar. Now I get google gapps errors.
If I start from scratch what order should i install the files and which ones should i use that others are having success with? thanks.
Order of the files shouldn't matter, assuming you have all of them. Start with a fresh clean build - don't update anything. See if it works for you. You can also experiment with older/newer kernel/modules & rootfs if you want.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-27-2010, 12:13 PM
Post Master General
Pocket PC: White Evo: Myn's TPT RLS5, Stock Kernel
Carrier: The "NOW" Network

InvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Still having the same issue with XdaAndroid Startup 1.3 (as well as previous versions) where when I press update, it downloads the files, but when I go to unzip them it fails out with an error message.

I used Total Commander to examine the zip file because it shows a files size of 9.13mb, but when I try to extract, I get the error message...

All this is after a fresh backup and wipe of my card so I'm clueless as to what the issue is...

Best... Member... Ever...
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2

Tags
android os, tp2 android apps