PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-29-2010, 09:07 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)
Carrier: Sprint

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [CAB] GSM&CDMA Project Android Port and Startup Utility [11/221] FRX03 Reference!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiad8 View Post
go where you have your build. \SD Card\andboot\conf. in there you will find the froyo.conf
Ha, perhaps that's the problem. I'm assuming you found it with the full path, but the filename is froyo.user.conf. No big deal, pretty nifty little file tho. You can throw all sorts of custom commands in there, that's how I clean out the *.rec files from the root of the SD card.
Old 11-29-2010, 11:07 PM
Vincent_B

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Re: [CAB] GSM&CDMA Project Android Port and Startup Utility [11/221] FRX03 Reference!

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh View Post
WEP is extremely insecure, you shouldn't use under any circumstances. There isn't any way around it, use WPA/WPA2.

For phone calls... did you check the force_cdma setting in your startup.txt? That's in the FAQ and has been discussed so many times.
Well, the phone started to work the last time I booted (all I changes was to overclock Android...). As for the WEP, I may change my home network settings, I'll thhink about that.
Old 11-30-2010, 04:26 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: VZW Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

natemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.80 (Windows Mobile; Opera Mini/5.1.21594/21.572; U; en) Presto/2.5.25 Version/10.54)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincent_B
Quote:
WEP is extremely insecure, you shouldn't use under any circumstances. There isn't any way around it, use WPA/WPA2.

For phone calls... did you check the force_cdma setting in your startup.txt? That's in the FAQ and has been discussed so many times.
Well, the phone started to work the last time I booted (all I changes was to overclock Android...). As for the WEP, I may change my home network settings, I'll thhink about that.
Oh please don't change from WEP. I love hacking people's wifi in under 30 seconds and firing up blacksheep to steal their private information...

Seriously, do not use WEP... use WPA2 unless your router/devices only support WPA.

Last edited by natemcnutty; 11-30-2010 at 04:28 AM.
Old 11-30-2010, 11:53 AM
Post Master General
Pocket PC: White Evo: Myn's TPT RLS5, Stock Kernel
Carrier: The "NOW" Network

InvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Ha, perhaps that's the problem. I'm assuming you found it with the full path, but the filename is froyo.user.conf. No big deal, pretty nifty little file tho. You can throw all sorts of custom commands in there, that's how I clean out the *.rec files from the root of the SD card.
If you don't mind I'd like to know more about the *.rec clearing command... those buggers get on my last nerve.

Best... Member... Ever...
Old 11-30-2010, 04:35 PM
Testing Extraordinaire

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by InvincibleLiving View Post
If you don't mind I'd like to know more about the *.rec clearing command... those buggers get on my last nerve.
LOL, in the custom commands section put: "rm -rf /sdcard/*.rec".

Probably don't need the -r or the -f, but hey. I really like making sure they're gone...
Old 11-30-2010, 05:14 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: vogue
Carrier: sprint

tk76 is just getting started

I posted a few questions in the Diamond forum at XDA, but that board seems a bit dead right now. So hopefully you guys can give me a simple answer to a few questions. I've failed to come up with an answer after a few hours of searching old threads.

Recently bought a Diamond. have not activated it on Sprint, but it works well on WiFi. I have not unlocked the phone (running staock Sprint for now- which I am happy with.)

I reformatted my internal memory (Fat32/16kbs) and made sure there are no partitions.
I successfully installed the latest XDAndroid build(FX3), including having the Diamond specific startup and conf scripts.

Android runs great. Wifi works perfectly. Only 1 major and 2 minor issues:

1: No SD card mounted (in Andoid settings.) The Diamond has 4G of internal storage, but it is not recognized. This limits the apps I can use.
-I believe this has something to do with the file names in WinMo, but I can't find a fix.

2. Marketplace works... but there are apps that are missing. Flash 10.1 and Skyfire do not show up.
-I'm assuming Marketplace is filtering my content based on hardware. Any fix?
-I downloaded the Flash 10.1 apk from the web. It installs successfully, but the programs that use it no longer load (the browser crashes when you try and open it.)
-I downloaded skyfire using the apk, but it is sluggish. Maybe skyfire does not use the hardware acceleration properly?

BTW, I am coming from a Vogue that is dying. But I never installed XDAndroid on the Vogue. I did unlock and install a custom ROM on the Vogue, but I'm not a power user

Thanks for any suggestions.
Old 11-30-2010, 05:27 PM
Testing Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by tk76 View Post
I posted a few questions...
1: No SD card mounted (in Andoid settings.)....
Format the SD card again (the 'internal storage' on a DIAM is literally an SD card soldered to the board, so treat it no differently. It's just not removable ) with the HP tool, GParted... basically anything but the built in Windows or WinMo format utilities.

Quote:
2. Marketplace works... but there are apps that are missing. Flash 10.1 and Skyfire do not show up.
-I'm assuming Marketplace is filtering my content based on hardware. Any fix?
-I downloaded the Flash 10.1 apk from the web. It installs successfully, but the programs that use it no longer load (the browser crashes when you try and open it.)
-I downloaded skyfire using the apk, but it is sluggish. Maybe skyfire does not use the hardware acceleration properly?
Never tried Skyfire, but I believe it is beta for Android in general. I wouldn't expect it to work, but it may... I think there's an older apk floating around. I know this has been mentioned before... Although the SD card issue has as well.

As for Flash10.1, our hardware is OLD dude. Flash only works on the newest of the new devices. With that said, see this thread.

Quote:
BTW, I am coming from a Vogue that is dying. But I never installed XDAndroid on the Vogue. I did unlock and install a custom ROM on the Vogue, but I'm not a power user
Dude, the Vogue is pretty much the only phone (AFAIK) that got Android "fully" ported to it!!! You could even flash Android using tinboot... Man, I'm really surprised you never messed with Android on it...
Old 11-30-2010, 06:08 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: vogue
Carrier: sprint

tk76 is just getting started

Thanks. maybe I'll try it on the Vogue. I always figured it was too slow, and now that phone is dying.

I'll try a different formatting util. I used the built in Vista util twice (yes, I'm still using that horrible OS.)

I picked up the Diamond for cheap on ebay. I wonder if the TP would be a better choice for an android port. or maybe even splurging for a TP2.

BTW, my motivation is keeping my old Sprint contract. My old 8$ unlim data is to good to give up. And for any new andoid native phone my plan will more than double in cost. So I'm stuck using the old hardware...
Old 11-30-2010, 06:21 PM
Testing Extraordinaire

Quote:
I picked up the Diamond for cheap on ebay. I wonder if the TP would be a better choice for an android port. or maybe even splurging for a TP2.
HD2 is probably the best hardware for WinCE -> Android, but alas no Sprint love there.

The TP2 is a good solid phone, but performance-wise it's identical to the DIAM and RAPH - they all share the same processor & RAM specs, believe it or not...

DIAM and RAPH I would imagine would be pretty close as well, but I'm not sure... I know there's different variants with slightly different specs.
Old 11-30-2010, 07:27 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Sensation 4G

tacotoy is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by natemcnutty View Post
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.80 (Windows Mobile; Opera Mini/5.1.21594/21.572; U; en) Presto/2.5.25 Version/10.54)

Oh please don't change from WEP. I love hacking people's wifi in under 30 seconds and firing up blacksheep to steal their private information...

Seriously, do not use WEP... use WPA2 unless your router/devices only support WPA.
eh i use mac addresses to make it more entertaining..... all the appearances of an open network with nothing for the devices to worry about. let the router act as god.... so much easier

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2

Tags
android os, tp2 android apps