PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-01-2010, 02:06 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

ethanhunteg is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [CAB] GSM&CDMA Project Android Port and Startup Utility [11/221] FRX03 Reference!

Quote:
Originally Posted by InvincibleLiving View Post
Congrats and i hate you all at the same time lol! I really want flash and skyfire working on our TP2's and youre here telling me it's running on your Diamond!
What is the problem out there that is preventing Flash from working on the TP2? If it's something as simple as tricking the phone into thinking its more then it really is I would think that's very achievable (even if it meant the flash content would run slowly)

I'd really like to see it working though. I need to get this .... Online Poker at Full Tilt Poker - How to Play: Rush Poker Mobile

Also I have seen this .... http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/tp2-androi...deo-clips.html and I can say pretty confidently it doesn't actually get 10.1 installed.
Old 12-01-2010, 02:26 PM
Post Master General
Pocket PC: White Evo: Myn's TPT RLS5, Stock Kernel
Carrier: The "NOW" Network

InvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Re: [CAB] GSM&CDMA Project Android Port and Startup Utility [11/221] FRX03 Reference!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethanhunteg View Post
What is the problem out there that is preventing Flash from working on the TP2? If it's something as simple as tricking the phone into thinking its more then it really is I would think that's very achievable (even if it meant the flash content would run slowly)

I'd really like to see it working though. I need to get this .... Online Poker at Full Tilt Poker - How to Play: Rush Poker Mobile

Also I have seen this .... http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/tp2-androi...deo-clips.html and I can say pretty confidently it doesn't actually get 10.1 installed.
The devs have pretty much chalked it up to hardware limitations but i know better than to ever count them out!

Best... Member... Ever...
Old 12-01-2010, 05:39 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethanhunteg View Post
So that thread doesn't work? I've been directed people to it, but I at least put a disclaimer that I didn't try it
Old 12-01-2010, 06:41 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: vogue
Carrier: sprint

tk76 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by InvincibleLiving View Post
Congrats and i hate you all at the same time lol! I really want flash and skyfire working on our TP2's and youre here telling me it's running on your Diamond!
It might make you feel better knowing that both Flash 10.1 and Skyfire seem a bit crippled on XDAndrooid. They work, but not nearly as well as Skyfire on WinMo (before they killed it.) I can't watch streaming video from sports games or run most flash apps. So you are not missing out on much.

To be specific, I first installed flash lite 3.1 on in winmo. Then I put the flask 10.1 adk in my andoid apps folds befoer the initial boot. And Flash was installed and working after that initial boot.

I'm surprised that the old Skyfire 1.5 on my Vogue/Winmo was more powerful. But maybe skyfire has scaled back their servers that push the flash content. I used to be able to watch Hulu (albeit jerky) on Skyfier. This does not work in android.

As for Flash 10.1, it seems almost identical in usability as flash lirte 3.1 on win mo. So it plays videos on sites like youtube, but not as sharp or fluidly as using the youtube app. But maybe its a better solution on a higher spec'ed phone. Since I notice some apps like Flash TV that don't seem to work at all on my phone...

Basically, you are not missing much by losing out on flash 10.1.

Last edited by tk76; 12-01-2010 at 06:53 PM.
Old 12-01-2010, 07:49 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

nicweezy is a n00b

if i run xandroid once without the overclock thing.. can i do the overclock the next time i boot it.. or is it not recommended since i didnt do it on the first boot . also.. if i uninstall and reinstall. is there a way to keep my apps?? edit: found the answer to the 2nd question..

Last edited by nicweezy; 12-01-2010 at 07:53 PM.
Old 12-01-2010, 09:31 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

BigMoneyRob is a n00b

Hey i am so happy using Android! Except...

Sometimes the screen won't turn on! IDK why, it just doesn't. Happens like 3 times a day and i have to reset + reboot which is a pain. if anyone knows why pleaseee help!!!

I HATE using winmo. its garbage. Thanks!
Old 12-01-2010, 11:35 PM
Vincent_B

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMoneyRob View Post

Sometimes the screen won't turn on! IDK why, it just doesn't. Happens like 3 times a day and i have to reset + reboot which is a pain. if anyone knows why pleaseee help!!!

Did you try WinMo with Mighty Rom or Energy ROM? It's not Android, but nothing like the stock WinMo either!
Old 12-02-2010, 03:01 AM
Post Master General
Pocket PC: White Evo: Myn's TPT RLS5, Stock Kernel
Carrier: The "NOW" Network

InvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMoneyRob View Post

Sometimes a longer press/hold will wake mine up when it does that... I've never resorted to a reset/reboot for that.

Oh and +1 for NRG roms!
Old 12-02-2010, 10:43 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Verizon

friedmjb is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfriedmjb is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfriedmjb is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfriedmjb is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Hey folks. So what is the status on the remaining features missing from FRX03?

• BT - I've heard that it works somewhat, but not sure how much - can I pair my phone with my car's bluetooth yet?
  • Camera - anyone working on this at all?
  • Headphones - I believe you can force the speaker to come out of the headphone jack, but is there a way to have it automatically detect that you plugged in headphones so I can listen to Slacker Radio?
  • Speakerphone (no mic) - any progress?
  • Battery Meter (about 75% fixed now) - what's not working with the battery meter
  • HW3D - will I ever be able to play Angry Birds (full version)
  • EDIT - my phone will also not vibrate when a call comes in (when set to vibrate)
  • Is there anything else that is not working yet?
Can someone update the first post to show status updates?

Last edited by friedmjb; 12-02-2010 at 11:32 AM.
Old 12-02-2010, 11:54 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: tp2

[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by friedmjb View Post
Hey folks. So what is the status on the remaining features missing from FRX03?

• BT - I've heard that it works somewhat, but not sure how much - can I pair my phone with my car's bluetooth yet?
  • Camera - anyone working on this at all?
  • Headphones - I believe you can force the speaker to come out of the headphone jack, but is there a way to have it automatically detect that you plugged in headphones so I can listen to Slacker Radio?
  • Speakerphone (no mic) - any progress?
  • Battery Meter (about 75% fixed now) - what's not working with the battery meter
  • HW3D - will I ever be able to play Angry Birds (full version)
  • EDIT - my phone will also not vibrate when a call comes in (when set to vibrate)
  • Is there anything else that is not working yet?
Can someone update the first post to show status updates?
Fyi.. even if we get 30fps working using hw3d.. angrybirds still might not work. Rovio stated they are having performance issues with older hardware. Nothing we can do if the game developers themselves cant do it. There is a hacked version of the game that performs better.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2

Tags
android os, tp2 android apps