PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-18-2010, 11:29 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: SGS III
Carrier: Sprint

fishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [CAB] GSM&CDMA Project Android Port and Startup Utility [11/01] FRX02 Reference!

Quote:
Originally Posted by slick78 View Post
i have titanium backup installed now, so all i have to do is download the app again after i delete the data.img then run the restore, if i understand you correct
Yup, it's that simple. I have a lot of the apk's stored on my sd card so they'll load automatically but I will restore many from titanium because it restores settings and data too.
Old 11-19-2010, 12:55 AM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Re: [CAB] GSM&CDMA Project Android Port and Startup Utility [11/01] FRX02 Reference!

Quote:
Originally Posted by masetas View Post
arrrghh i downloaded that transfered it to my sd card when into file explorer on my device click on it but it tells me no program is associated with it. Do i have to be in android to then run it? if i do how do i access my sd card when in android?
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishingmedic View Post
And Masetas, I'm gonna assume you would just drag the system.ext2 into your andboot folder and replace the one in there, although I'm gonna wait for Arrrrghhhh to confirm.
Indeed. You replace your system.ext2 file with this new one. Backup with Titanium, delete your data.img. You'll want to boot fresh, then download Titanium and restore!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-19-2010, 01:03 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: tp2
Carrier: sprint

slick78 is a n00b

in titanium do you have to restore everything one by one or is there a way to tell it to restore everything at once? if it is i'm missing it
Old 11-19-2010, 01:45 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

x10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Oh Blazn, Where Art Thou?

oh how we miss thee.
Old 11-19-2010, 01:56 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

ryanmv213 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularryanmv213 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularryanmv213 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularryanmv213 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh View Post
Haha, thanks dude.

So this isn't an 'official' release, but those itching to try FRX03 before the official release drops, download here.
THANKS! Is there somewhere that lists some of the changes being worked on in this FRX03 build? Also should we just use the latest kernel and rootfs found in project tracking? Any luck with getting blazn moving forward?
Old 11-19-2010, 02:01 AM
Testing Extraordinaire

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanmv213 View Post
THANKS! Is there somewhere that lists some of the changes being worked on in this FRX03 build? Also should we just use the latest kernel and rootfs found in project tracking? Any luck with getting blazn moving forward?
Here is the official announcement. I'll try to contact Reef so he can update

I also need to talk to Reef to learn about how he builds BLAZN. As in, no progress to my knowledge on BLAZN...
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 11-19-2010, 01:44 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Carrier: Sprint Sero

docnas is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardocnas is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardocnas is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardocnas is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

@arghhhh i was reading thru the logs at htc linux ( i like to see whats going on in the dev side of things only wish i could help) anyway i saw that stineb disabled the "jit thing" and it wont be available for out architecture.Mind me asking what jit was about? and what will is loss mean to us?

HTC Universal-->Imate Jam(HTC Magician)-->Imate K-jam(HTC Wizard)-->HTC Mogul-->Touch Pro-->Touch Pro 2-->wonder what the next windows phone is going to be ??
Old 11-19-2010, 02:38 PM
Testing Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by docnas View Post
@arghhhh i was reading thru the logs at htc linux ( i like to see whats going on in the dev side of things only wish i could help) anyway i saw that stineb disabled the "jit thing" and it wont be available for out architecture.Mind me asking what jit was about? and what will is loss mean to us?
Didja read the rest of the convo?

JIT = Just In Time (compiling). JIT wiki if you really want to know.

Basically Google said our arch isn't supported for JIT, and stine said screw it we'll enable it anyways back in 2.1. I was trying to track down the volume rocker reset bug, and stine wanted me to disable JIT - he said JIT basically hid the issue, and with it disabled we should be able to see why it crashes.

Well, I disabled JIT... and couldn't reproduce the bug. System ran better, and a bunch of other bugs were squashed too.

So the benefits... in theory better performance, but the gains were paltry on our hardware. Newer architecture would benefit a lot more from JIT than our architecture benefits from it. So the benefits are small, and the cost is... well a buggy and unstable system.

Hope that makes sense!

Quote:
Originally Posted by slick78 View Post
in titanium do you have to restore everything one by one or is there a way to tell it to restore everything at once? if it is i'm missing it
Gotta pay to play. "0-click restore" comes with the paid version.
This post has been thanked 5 times.
Old 11-19-2010, 10:28 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Carrier: Sprint Sero

docnas is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardocnas is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardocnas is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardocnas is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

OHHHHhhhhh so thats the jit u were trying to disable for the last few days ... i thought it was some kind of debugging code u guys had in there nyway i did read most of it but the jargon threw me off and i remember reading about Just in time compilation b4 , but i didnt make the connection till u said the full name. Anyway i was just asking about the trade off i know theres always pros and cons so i wanted to know the pros and cons of JIT being disabled in out specific case. Thanks for the info!
Old 11-19-2010, 10:54 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: VZW Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

natemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.80 (Windows Mobile; Opera Mini/5.1.21594/21.564; U; en) Presto/2.5.25 Version/10.54)

Quote:
Originally Posted by docnas
OHHHHhhhhh so thats the jit u were trying to disable for the last few days ... i thought it was some kind of debugging code u guys had in there nyway i did read most of it but the jargon threw me off and i remember reading about Just in time compilation b4 , but i didnt make the connection till u said the full name. Anyway i was just asking about the trade off i know theres always pros and cons so i wanted to know the pros and cons of JIT being disabled in out specific case. Thanks for the info!
JIT has its own debugger, but I'm not sure if it is very useful or even used for our port.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2

Tags
android os, tp2 android apps