PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-11-2010, 10:15 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

junks2010 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [CAB] GSM&CDMA Project Android Port and Startup Utility [11/01] FRX02 Reference!

Quote:
Originally Posted by InvincibleLiving View Post
Are you using ClockSync? I don't know what the clock sync issue has it's foundation in, but to me it's not a big deal. Not like I'll wake up tomorrow thinking it's friday or anything.
I do not use the automatic sync feature of ClockSync. I use the setting in "Settings-->Clock & Alarm".
Old 11-11-2010, 10:17 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

junks2010 is a n00b
Re: [CAB] GSM&CDMA Project Android Port and Startup Utility [11/01] FRX02 Reference!

Quote:
Originally Posted by googs185 View Post
Try reading the Simple Guide that someone just stickied, everything is in there. With that said, just uncheck the auto time sync and set it to your time zone and the problem will be solved.
This does not work for me. My clock is still late after I did the above.
Any other ideas?
Old 11-11-2010, 10:46 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: SGS III

fishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by junks2010 View Post
This does not work for me. My clock is still late after I did the above.
Any other ideas?
This is from Reef's FAQ. Not sure if this will fix it or not, but worth a shot if you haven't tried it already. Or just try the Blazn files, I've never had an issue with time using those as the tweaks are included in it.

I cannot keep my clock from adding hours while switching between WinMo and Android.
My Personal Favorite Time fix: (Included in BLAZN ROM) http://www.appbrain.com/app/ru.org.amip.ClockSync

Other time fixes:

Quote:
Originally Posted by xmckinzie
In Android:
1. Go to Settings
2. Go to Date and Time
3. Uncheck Automatic (Use network-provided values)
4. Change time zone to to GMT +00:00, Greenwich Mean Time
5. Then set time and date to current time in your time zone.

The above fix works VERY well, but its not perfect. If you change your build as often as I do, its easy to forget to remove the auto clock setting in Android. Also, the gtalk app does not tag messages with the correct time, for proper message threading. In order to fix the timestamp, and forgetfullness errors thanks to Mr. Shaw there is an app that will auto sync your WinMo time as well.

[APP] TimeSyncTZ 0-06 - NTP Time Sychronisation Client (06-JUN-09)) - xda-developers
Old 11-12-2010, 02:31 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

Lorea is a n00b

(I searched this thread and didn't find anything, but found reference to this in another thread)

Can anybody tell me if we are supposed to be able to see paid apps (ie - Splash ID or Grocery Gadget) in the Market? I can't see them, so I found a workaround which is to use Market Access (redone version of Market Enabler?), but it's not working for me. Is there something I'm missing?

Link to the thread on this: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/tp2-androi...options-2.html

I also used the Sprint code from the post below of 310120 on the Market Access app (Custom, then Set, the closed the program)- no dice. Is there a special way to use that program?

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/1961343-post2074.html
Old 11-12-2010, 06:58 AM
Jim8181

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Did I miss another Update [11-08] through Startup Utility? Or has it just now become available? I usually check for updates daily.
Old 11-12-2010, 11:27 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Epic 4G

kcwebmonkey is keeping up the good workkcwebmonkey is keeping up the good workkcwebmonkey is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim8181 View Post
Did I miss another Update [11-08] through Startup Utility? Or has it just now become available? I usually check for updates daily.
SOV has to set the update utility to download a new update. it doesn't just update with every latest kernel released. My guess is that he waits for the new kernel to get enough positive feedback before adding it to the update utility.
Old 11-12-2010, 01:12 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcwebmonkey View Post
SOV has to set the update utility to download a new update. it doesn't just update with every latest kernel released. My guess is that he waits for the new kernel to get enough positive feedback before adding it to the update utility.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim8181 View Post
Indeed. The best way to stay updated is always going to be manually updating.
Old 11-12-2010, 08:11 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

2phonejones is keeping up the good work2phonejones is keeping up the good work

I keep getting "the process android.process.acore" has stopped unexpectedly error ive googled and searched all day anyone know of a fix or how to stop this??? any suggestions please!!!!
Old 11-12-2010, 08:46 PM
Post Master General
Pocket PC: White Evo: Myn's TPT RLS5, Stock Kernel
Carrier: The "NOW" Network

InvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by junks2010 View Post
I do not use the automatic sync feature of ClockSync. I use the setting in "Settings-->Clock & Alarm".
I'd suggest using clocksync, solved all my time problems.

Best... Member... Ever...
Old 11-12-2010, 08:46 PM
Post Master General
Pocket PC: White Evo: Myn's TPT RLS5, Stock Kernel
Carrier: The "NOW" Network

InvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2phonejones View Post
I keep getting "the process android.process.acore" has stopped unexpectedly error ive googled and searched all day anyone know of a fix or how to stop this??? any suggestions please!!!!
Not sure what process that is tied to... sorry dude
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2

Tags
android os, tp2 android apps