PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-11-2011, 06:45 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint Sero

docnas is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardocnas is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardocnas is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardocnas is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [CAB] GSM&CDMA Project Android Port and Startup Utility [01/23] FRX04 Reference!

lets see i was lazy and used ndno's frxo4 zip and if im not mistaken jit is disabled what was the line to check for in the build.prop again?

dalvik.vm.execution-mode=int:fast means JIT is not enabled right?

link to the post where i got it from

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/tp2-androi...ml#post2045705

HTC Universal-->Imate Jam(HTC Magician)-->Imate K-jam(HTC Wizard)-->HTC Mogul-->Touch Pro-->Touch Pro 2-->wonder what the next windows phone is going to be ??
Old 02-11-2011, 06:48 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)
Carrier: Sprint

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Re: [CAB] GSM&CDMA Project Android Port and Startup Utility [01/23] FRX04 Reference!

Quote:
Originally Posted by docnas View Post
lets see i was lazy and used ndno's frxo4 zip and if im not mistaken jit is disabled what was the line to check for in the build.prop again?

dalvik.vm.execution-mode=int:fast means JIT is not enabled right?

link to the post where i got it from

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/tp2-androi...ml#post2045705
Let's make damn sure.

Do you have adb?
Code:
adb shell
then
Code:
logcat |grep -i jit
- let that run for a couple of minutes, you should literally see nothing if JIT is disabled. Open a few apps, swipe around on the screen just to be sure. If JIT is enabled, you'll see lines about JIT tables being resized etc.

FYI, that is the line in the build.prop - but if that is commented out, or if you're mounting another build.prop... The adb method is a sure-fire way to ensure whether or not JIT is disabled.
Old 02-11-2011, 06:51 PM
Regular 'Geeker

docnas is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardocnas is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardocnas is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardocnas is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

im at a hospital comp so cant use abd here can i use the terminal emulator to the same effect?
Old 02-11-2011, 07:01 PM
Testing Extraordinaire

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
im at a hospital comp so cant use abd here can i use the terminal emulator to the same effect?
Probably. Might be hard to get the | in there tho... unless you have F22's new rootfs .
Old 02-11-2011, 07:06 PM
Regular 'Geeker

unfortunaly i didnt remember that i just took the newest rootfs of the build site 2/10 (2nd one)

well i l check it when i get home, it has only happened once but i thought id ask as its painful having to boot into WM and then into android
Old 02-11-2011, 07:09 PM
Regular 'Geeker

actually i got lucky and had it in my sd card i booted with it and used terminal emulator but got an error with the logcat ie

unable to open log device '/dev/log/main' : Permission denied
Old 02-11-2011, 07:10 PM
Regular 'Geeker

and the | is "fn+y" key
Old 02-11-2011, 07:24 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD 400)

rpierce99 is keeping up the good workrpierce99 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
actually i got lucky and had it in my sd card i booted with it and used terminal emulator but got an error with the logcat ie

unable to open log device '/dev/log/main' : Permission denied
You may need to be root to logcat, I'm not sure, so try su<enter> before logcat.
Old 02-12-2011, 04:35 AM
VIP Member

ndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Hey arrrghhh, just saw this from StineBD: XDAndroid Gingerbread available for testing!

xda-developers - View Single Post - [UPDATED 02/07][DEV - Camera (Diamond, Blackstone, Raphael, Rhodium ) ] Camera tests

Any difference in speed improvement? Found this Froyo vs Gingerbread comparison:
Difference Between Android 2.2 (Froyo) and Android 2.3 (Gingerbread) | Difference Between | Android 2.2 (Froyo) vs Android 2.3 (Gingerbread)

Looks exciting!
Old 02-12-2011, 04:11 PM
Testing Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndno View Post
Hey arrrghhh, just saw this from StineBD: XDAndroid Gingerbread available for testing!

xda-developers - View Single Post - [UPDATED 02/07][DEV - Camera (Diamond, Blackstone, Raphael, Rhodium ) ] Camera tests

Any difference in speed improvement? Found this Froyo vs Gingerbread comparison:
Difference Between Android 2.2 (Froyo) and Android 2.3 (Gingerbread) | Difference Between | Android 2.2 (Froyo) vs Android 2.3 (Gingerbread)

Looks exciting!
Way faster. I posted a complete bundle here if anyone is interested!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2

Tags
android os, tp2 android apps