PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-28-2010, 08:05 AM
Elite PPCGeeks Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Fido(Can), Alfa(Leb), Jawal(Ksa)

bteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [CAB] GSM&CDMA Project Android Port and Startup Utility [9/26] WORKING HW3D!

Quote:
Originally Posted by InvincibleLiving View Post
If during later boots you see a popup screen asking for default.txt only then ill you need to copy and rename your startup.txt file

May happen to you & may not. But it certaily won't happen on first boot.

Welcome to Android!

Sent from my MSM using Tapatalk
WOW, so I am digging ANDROID quite nicely
Thanks for the extra info

Very fast noob question. I recall reading Speech-to-text (when you talk and the phone writes the message) Whats the app called?

And I don't see any SWYPE app in the market?
Old 09-28-2010, 08:14 AM
VFW Member
Pocket PC: GNote2 Sprint SERO!
Carrier: Theodore Roosevelt CVN-71

gullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Re: [CAB] GSM&CDMA Project Android Port and Startup Utility [9/26] WORKING HW3D!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bteljuice View Post

And I don't see any SWYPE app in the market?
Swype is not in the Market. If you weren't in on the beta you'll have to search here and on xda for an apk to get that set up.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-28-2010, 08:24 AM
Elite PPCGeeks Member

bteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIP

Restarted my phone, open Android project and it tells me to open default.txt script.

As InvincibleLiving predicted it, so I copy pasted the startup.txt and to another directory. Renamed it default.txt and placed it back in Storage Card/Andboot.

Opened Android project and it still not working.

EDIT: Downloaded startup.txt from somewhere else (different than the one preinstalled by the cab,) and renamed it default.txt and it worked. Sim card was working previously on first two boots. Now sim card no longer work. Ive got no signal. During first install, I did remove the sim card.
Changed the startup.txt as well, now works fine

Oh and dualboot says Android is missing (I did go [APP][25MAR10]Gen.Y DualBOOT v1.0.6.0[W|Q|VGA][CAB|EXT] - xda-developers and searched but the solutions do not work for me).

What am I missing?

EDIT: I am using Blazzin latest kernel

Last edited by bteljuice; 09-28-2010 at 09:41 AM.
Old 09-28-2010, 08:26 AM
Elite PPCGeeks Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gullzway View Post
Swype is not in the Market. If you weren't in on the beta you'll have to search here and on xda for an apk to get that set up.
Thank you kind sir

Will look it up.
Old 09-28-2010, 08:38 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: OnePlus 8 5G
Carrier: T-Mobile

demonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Quote:
Oh and dualboot says Android is missing
What am I missing?

EDIT: I am using Blazzin latest kernel
GenY is looking for Android in the wrong folder. You need to make a registry edit so it will look in the right place.
Old 09-28-2010, 08:42 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Optimus V
Carrier: Virgin Mobile

aldamon is becoming a PPCGeeks regularaldamon is becoming a PPCGeeks regularaldamon is becoming a PPCGeeks regularaldamon is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Is anyone having problems with sound/mic on incoming phone calls? When I place calls with Android (Froyo Reference), everything works fine, but when I receive calls in Android, everything is muted and the mic doesn't work. If I toggle Speaker a few times I can get the sound to turn back on.

EDIT: I see some folks are talking about this bug at XDA.

Last edited by aldamon; 09-28-2010 at 08:47 AM.
Old 09-28-2010, 08:45 AM
Elite PPCGeeks Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonlordoftheround View Post
GenY is looking for Android in the wrong folder. You need to make a registry edit so it will look in the right place.
I did change AndroidBootFolder 's value to \Storage Card\Andboot\haret.exe but still doesn't work.
Old 09-28-2010, 09:28 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 / Rhodium
Carrier: Sprint

Hugo381 is keeping up the good workHugo381 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by darylrue View Post
how close to getting the keyboard light working? That and constant system freezes that I cannot get display to turn back on are the only two things keeping me from running full time. Encrypted wifi tethering would be nice but I can do without that.

However if windows mobile had multiple exchange accounts I probably wouldn't run android except for playing.

Thanks to all for work effort on this.
If your phone is freezing up that often after going to sleep make sure you are not overclocking it past what it can handle, or just remove the overclock all together, make sure the pm sleep mode is set to the correct value. If its overclocked it has to be set to "2" if its not overclocked it has to be "1". You can change all that in the Startup.txt
Old 09-28-2010, 09:34 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro 2!
Carrier: Jog PCS

steveoski is keeping up the good worksteveoski is keeping up the good work

Quote:
I did change AndroidBootFolder 's value to \Storage Card\Andboot\haret.exe but still doesn't work.
The only word you add is andboot forget about that /storagecard etc just add andboot as the value also if you use this it doesn't give you enough time to make a vm call and speaker phone it so you can have the mic working for everything.
Old 09-28-2010, 09:44 AM
Elite PPCGeeks Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveoski View Post
The only word you add is andboot forget about that /storagecard etc just add andboot as the value
Thank you, worked like a charm. Though in the original thread, it says that we need to write the whole value. But who cares, now it works

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveoski View Post
also if you use this it doesn't give you enough time to make a vm call and speaker phone it so you can have the mic working for everything.
is this directed to me? If yes, I don't know what you are talking about. Could you elaborate more.

Thanks

For some weird reason, Sometimes sim card is read, sometimes it is missing when I restart android. My phone is moody.

Last edited by bteljuice; 09-28-2010 at 09:48 AM.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2

Tags
android os, tp2 android apps