PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-07-2010, 12:40 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Touch PRO 2 (Sprint)
Carrier: Sprint

ModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [CAB] GSM&CDMA Project Android Port and Startup Utility [8/30] FIXED NOISE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by beathookup View Post
WOW, sorry that we terrible of me. I guess there is no need for the SIM card since I can't run Android with it in, but will I need to have the SIM card if I wanted to not run Android and just have the stock Sprint setup?
No.

I lost my sim card months ago and Have no trouble running sprints stock roms or custom roms by the chefs here..

Old 09-07-2010, 12:46 PM
Post Master General
Pocket PC: White Evo: Myn's TPT RLS5, Stock Kernel
Carrier: The "NOW" Network

InvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
WOW, sorry that we terrible of me. I guess there is no need for the SIM card since I can't run Android with it in, but will I need to have the SIM card if I wanted to not run Android and just have the stock Sprint setup?
I've only had success with the SIM card out (sorry forgot to mention that) but some seem to get it to boot with it in. It's just easier for me to not put it in cause I dont use it anyway. You dont need SIM card for normal Sprint network use at all.

Best... Member... Ever...
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-07-2010, 02:27 PM
Volunteer Newsie
Pocket PC: NS4G
Carrier: Sprint - SERO Premium

beathookup is keeping up the good workbeathookup is keeping up the good work

Thanks so much for all of your help. That worked the first try. The only problems I'm having now is the lack of connections to the phone and the internet connection. If there is an easy fix let me know if not I'll have to search through the forum later tonight. I can't wait to check it out more in depth it looks amazing!!!!
Old 09-07-2010, 02:43 PM
Post Master General

InvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Thanks so much for all of your help. That worked the first try. The only problems I'm having now is the lack of connections to the phone and the internet connection. If there is an easy fix let me know if not I'll have to search through the forum later tonight. I can't wait to check it out more in depth it looks amazing!!!!
Geez finally

After activation *cough* let me know if you still have trouble with internet connection, usually using the newer cabs it takes care of itself.
Old 09-07-2010, 03:20 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO 4G

robj19 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrobj19 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrobj19 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrobj19 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Can someone give me the exact text to add to the startup text and exactly where to put it in the startup text? I need to fix the call volume thing because right now that is the ONLY thing keeping me from using Android full time. It's just way too loud. Please and thanks.

Don't just say THANKS click it!

Old 09-07-2010, 03:54 PM
Post Master General

Quote:
Originally Posted by robj19 View Post
Can someone give me the exact text to add to the startup text and exactly where to put it in the startup text? I need to fix the call volume thing because right now that is the ONLY thing keeping me from using Android full time. It's just way too loud. Please and thanks.
Reef gave instructions about 5 pages back or less that address your question. congrats on making the FT android leap! At one point I felt bad that I liked it so much... felt like I was betraying my winmo roots... mmm yep that feeling is pretty much gone these days
Old 09-07-2010, 04:24 PM
Volunteer Newsie
Pocket PC: NS4G
Carrier: Sprint - SERO Premium

beathookup is keeping up the good workbeathookup is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by InvincibleLiving View Post
Geez finally

After activation *cough* let me know if you still have trouble with internet connection, usually using the newer cabs it takes care of itself.
This is whats happening since the phone is activated. Im on the Sprint ROM now but when I switch over to the Android I get no connections. Any help would be great
Old 09-07-2010, 04:27 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Note 2
Carrier: Sprint Advantage Club

neudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
This is whats happening since the phone is activated. Im on the Sprint ROM now but when I switch over to the Android I get no connections. Any help would be great
Have you checked force CDMA and removed your sim card?

If so it might be time for a memory card reformat and a android re-install
Old 09-07-2010, 06:40 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond / TP2

hansk75 is keeping up the good workhansk75 is keeping up the good workhansk75 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by loader187 View Post
I know people probably know about the psfreedom/psgroove going on. I noticed it has been completed for the HD2. what is the big difference for HD2 that the TP2 does not have. Does USB work in android for HD2?

Sorry if this is the wrong place
I think it can't be done on our device yet due to the usb not working 100% as of now. I believe that HD2 has fully working USB and that is why it is working. We just need to wait until dev finishes with the USB piece so PSFreedom can be ported over to our device.

This is from XDA HD2 Android thread:
08/31/2010 Many changes in the Linux kernel since the last update:
working flashlight
ppp stability
usb stability (works with windows7 now)
fixed usb host mode kernel
working backlight control in normal Linux distros
working WiFi master (access point) mode: enables tethering (you might need to update firmware files. )

It seems like they have full USB functionality.
Old 09-07-2010, 09:01 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

neotropic is a n00b

Hmm, since I came back and re-installed this (SOUND!) For some reason it randomly drops my service. Giving me no service. Restarting fixes it. But having to reboot every time is not cool. It almost locks up, plays a sound. Then able to get screen to show a few minutes later. On HTC TP2 Sprint. Aside from that so far, pretty good. But did notice mt battery heat up pretty good after a 8min call. Not sure if it normally does that, just noticed it.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2

Tags
android os, tp2 android apps