PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-07-2010, 11:13 AM
Volunteer Newsie
Pocket PC: NS4G
Carrier: Sprint - SERO Premium

beathookup is keeping up the good workbeathookup is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [CAB] GSM&CDMA Project Android Port and Startup Utility [8/30] FIXED NOISE!

It's been trying to run now for about 15 mins and I can tell that it's just reading the same text over and over again. One of the things it is saying is"INFO: task rpcrouter: 15 blocked for more than 120 seconds. " Did I not follow the directions?
Old 09-07-2010, 11:23 AM
Post Master General
Pocket PC: White Evo: Myn's TPT RLS5, Stock Kernel
Carrier: The "NOW" Network

InvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by beathookup View Post
It's been trying to run now for about 15 mins and I can tell that it's just reading the same text over and over again. One of the things it is saying is"INFO: task rpcrouter: 15 blocked for more than 120 seconds. " Did I not follow the directions?
Sounds like it may be a startup.txt issue: In that case, do a search for "startup.txt" in this thread, download one of the modified txt files that have been posted and replace the startup.txt in the Andboot folder on your storage card and try to load again.

let us know how it goes...

Best... Member... Ever...
Old 09-07-2010, 11:24 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

loader187 is just getting started

I know people probably know about the psfreedom/psgroove going on. I noticed it has been completed for the HD2. what is the big difference for HD2 that the TP2 does not have. Does USB work in android for HD2?

Sorry if this is the wrong place
Old 09-07-2010, 11:27 AM
Post Master General

InvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by loader187 View Post
I know people probably know about the psfreedom/psgroove going on. I noticed it has been completed for the HD2. what is the big difference for HD2 that the TP2 does not have. Does USB work in android for HD2?

Sorry if this is the wrong place
I havent heard of it. I primarily stick to the CDMA TP2 side of things when it comes to Android news... the rest is irrelevant to me till I can actually use it on my device lol. Gotta a link? I'd like to read up on it.
Old 09-07-2010, 11:33 AM
Volunteer Newsie

Quote:
Originally Posted by InvincibleLiving View Post
Sounds like it may be a startup.txt issue: In that case, do a search for "startup.txt" in this thread, download one of the modified txt files that have been posted and replace the startup.txt in the Andboot folder on your storage card and try to load again.

let us know how it goes...
I see that there are 2 different files one is 355kb and the other is 384kb not sure which one I need. Also once I get the attachment do I put it in the andboot/startup file? Or another new file?
Old 09-07-2010, 11:48 AM
Post Master General

Quote:
I see that there are 2 different files one is 355kb and the other is 384kb not sure which one I need. Also once I get the attachment do I put it in the andboot/startup file? Or another new file?
Go with the 384kb. Paste the new txt file into your Andboot folder and let it replace/overwrite the old txt file.
Old 09-07-2010, 12:00 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

steveholtam is keeping up the good worksteveholtam is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by signal34 View Post
Does anyone else have problems using their own ringtones vs. stock ones? When my phone rings, it will only ring once if I use my own ringtone (mp3). If I switch to an Android stock ringtone, the phone continues to ring as normal (ie 4-5 times).

I read on another forum that the ring_delay entry needs to be changed (ro.telephony.call_ring.delay=1 to ro.telephony.call_ring.delay= "anything greater than 1000"), but adding the line in my STARTUP.TXT file didn't seem to help.
I have the same problem, but with both stock and custom ringers. Not a huge deal, but if someone has an idea, we can try it out.
Old 09-07-2010, 12:16 PM
Volunteer Newsie

Quote:
Originally Posted by InvincibleLiving View Post
Go with the 384kb. Paste the new txt file into your Andboot folder and let it replace/overwrite the old txt file.
Just tried that and am still not getting anywhere. Still saying the same thing over and over again. This may sound stupid but does my phone need to be activated? I have been using another phone and just got this out of the box?
Old 09-07-2010, 12:32 PM
Post Master General

Quote:
Just tried that and am still not getting anywhere. Still saying the same thing over and over again. This may sound stupid but does my phone need to be activated? I have been using another phone and just got this out of the box?
LOL activation might be a nice place to start but might not be the main cause of your issues. Delete all of the Android stuff on your card, backup card, re-format, then download and install the CAB version instead of the rar file.
Old 09-07-2010, 12:35 PM
Volunteer Newsie

WOW, sorry that we terrible of me. I guess there is no need for the SIM card since I can't run Android with it in, but will I need to have the SIM card if I wanted to not run Android and just have the stock Sprint setup?
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2

Tags
android os, tp2 android apps