PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-05-2010, 02:21 PM
Post Master General
Pocket PC: White Evo: Myn's TPT RLS5, Stock Kernel
Carrier: The "NOW" Network

InvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [CAB] GSM&CDMA Project Android Port and Startup Utility [8/30] FIXED NOISE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamice4u View Post
I wonder what are the going to fix next.
1. Improved 3D rendering.
2. Bluetooth
3. Camera

What ever is easiest for them to fix I would be happy with. Great job fixing the sound on android. If I had a preference it would be the 3D rendering or the camera. I believe the camera is problem the hardest thing to fix.
Yeah, added to the top of that list would also be improved power management. The difference between batt retention in WM vs. Andro is pretty clear.

Best... Member... Ever...
Old 09-05-2010, 02:23 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (Tilt2)
Carrier: AT&T
Threadstarter

Reefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Formula84 View Post
Many apps I try say that they need an sd card to function properly... Am I missing something here or does the SD card just not get recognized as an sd card? I know if I browse with the file manager it sees the SD card but seems apps think there is not one.
Try this and let me know if it works.

Quote:
Storage Issues (Storage Card Unmounted)
To fix this issue
  • simply download the HP Format Tool | Mirror
  • Install the tool
  • Start Diamond in WinMo. Connect to computer via usb (Usb Drive). Make sure it is connected. Back up all contents of your internal storage.
  • Run the tool
  • Select your internal storage.
  • Format FAT32 (Full format).
  • Restore items on your internal storage.
  • Load Android
Android should no longer give you a message saying the SDcard is unmounted.
Quote:
Originally Posted by InvincibleLiving View Post
Yeah, added to the top of that list would also be improved power management. The difference between batt retention in WM vs. Andro is pretty clear.
Its getting pretty close now bud. Ive had 20 hour days with my TP2, although very irregular. With no overclock, and sleep_1 with only light>moderate use. The way I see it, there is no reason for people to play with their TP2 with WinMo on it, so on top of the fact that that battery management is a little better its also being used MUCH less. Also when it says you have 5% battery left in Android, you really still have about 35-40% in WinMo.

Last edited by Reefermattness; 09-05-2010 at 02:28 PM.
Old 09-05-2010, 02:26 PM
Post Master General
Pocket PC: White Evo: Myn's TPT RLS5, Stock Kernel
Carrier: The "NOW" Network

InvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reefermattness View Post
Its actually the regedit command in the startup.txt. Its designed to edit the startup.txt depending on the commands you choose in the startup utility but something went wacky with the code, and now it just eats startup.txt. I thought it was a corrupt application, since I had been using the same exe for months and months but even rolling back to the first original straight out of VS8 it still has the bug. We are currently working on a new startup utility with LOTS of fixes.
*Turns and faces the crowd* See I told ya this guys knows everything! Thx Reef
Old 09-05-2010, 02:27 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Reefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by InvincibleLiving View Post
*Turns and faces the crowd* See I told ya this guys knows everything! Thx Reef
LOL Dont give me too much credit bud. You guys ask me questions, and I send them up the chain of command. lol (This one I did happen to know myself, just luck tho)
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-05-2010, 02:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc tp
Carrier: sprint

ymarker is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by PropagandaX View Post
No app needed. Just setup the exchange account like any other email account. Works great
Wow - it works. Really that easy! Got my calendar/contacts/email sync'd with school exchange!!

Android rocks. Just wish it wouldn't keep kicking me off the sprint network. If I reboot it starts to work again. I'm guessing it's a sleep thing. Will troubleshoot some more.
Old 09-05-2010, 05:02 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: Sprint

mobius999 is just getting started

Haven't been following developements for a month or so, and I just about messed myself today when I came back to find sound working. Great job!!!!!!!!! Everything running smooth like butta, with only one tiny issue.

I can't change wallpaper. I can switch between the included live wps and the single one showing in the wallpaper gallery. When I try and set wallpaper from a folder on my card,either from gallery or file manager, android tries to access the camera for some reason and I get the error, crashes back to home screen and the old wallpaper.

I searched around for the "wallpaper gallery" folder in the andboot folder but can't find it or i'd just dump all my wallpapers into it and be done.

Any ideas? Either to stop android trying to access the camera when setting wallpaper, or where the folder that is the only working method for me resides so I can drop some pics in there?
Old 09-05-2010, 05:07 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobius999 View Post
Haven't been following developements for a month or so, and I just about messed myself today when I came back to find sound working. Great job!!!!!!!!! Everything running smooth like butta, with only one tiny issue.

I can't change wallpaper. I can switch between the included live wps and the single one showing in the wallpaper gallery. When I try and set wallpaper from a folder on my card,either from gallery or file manager, android tries to access the camera for some reason and I get the error, crashes back to home screen and the old wallpaper.

I searched around for the "wallpaper gallery" folder in the andboot folder but can't find it or i'd just dump all my wallpapers into it and be done.

Any ideas? Either to stop android trying to access the camera when setting wallpaper, or where the folder that is the only working method for me resides so I can drop some pics in there?

Use menu > wallpapers > gallery > img > use as wallpaper as the path instead of apps > gallery > img > set wallpaper.

For some reason that way works and does not access the camera the second path gallery crashes.
Old 09-05-2010, 05:37 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

butler360 is keeping up the good workbutler360 is keeping up the good workbutler360 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reefermattness View Post
ANYONE HAVING ISSUES WITH MEDIA:

Android does not seem to recognize any of my media why is this?
"The media scanner, that is supposed to scan the SD/Internal Storage looking for ringtones and notifications, was frequently crashing.
It appears that it fails to analyze a folder or a file whose name contains non ANSI caracters thus failing to open it. So all the files/directories that contain accents or special characters will make the media service to crash. That's why the people that have only english (or non accentuated language) file names did not encouter that issue."

More info, and a scanning app here:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...postcount=1391
So is this why I keep getting "android.process.media has stopped unexpectedly"? I get it a startup, every few minutes, and when I run certain apps.

I tried the card scanner linked to above but it flagged so much stuff it was ridiculous. Seems like a pretty stupid problem if you have to remove every parentheses, bracket, etc. from every file on your SD card. Not saying you guys aren't doing a good job, just that for Android in general it seems a bit crazy.

Assuming that is my problem, is there any other fix?
Old 09-05-2010, 07:14 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Carrier: Sprint

2phonejones is keeping up the good work2phonejones is keeping up the good work

ok i got everything working on the lastest build but my apps dont cover the whole screen and the system text seems smaller???
Old 09-05-2010, 07:52 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Carrier: Verizon

butler360 is keeping up the good workbutler360 is keeping up the good workbutler360 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2phonejones View Post
ok i got everything working on the lastest build but my apps dont cover the whole screen and the system text seems smaller???
Maybe check your DPI settings in startup.txt?
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2

Tags
android os, tp2 android apps