PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-01-2010, 10:17 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy Nexus
Carrier: Verizon

imnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [CAB] GSM&CDMA Project Android Port and Startup Utility [8/30] FIXED NOISE!

I've had it find me, but only if i'm outside. Inside, it never finds my location properly.
Old 09-01-2010, 11:44 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

steveholtam is keeping up the good worksteveholtam is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masterface7 View Post
Hi has anybody gotten the 'my location' feature to work? Namely in the news&weather app or in the browser? Locating myself in a nav program or google maps or a gps test is no problem, just the 'my location' never works and it shouldn't even need gps to work.
I'm in this camp as well. Small issue, but one that should be fixed at some point.
Old 09-01-2010, 12:02 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

rhyler is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by twobeaglesjtj View Post
I still am having a problem with loud in call volume and it also goes from speaker to earpiece sound intermittently....I tried to change the cmd line in the startup folder to 3 but no go....Maybe I did it wrong..any suggestions??? The volume is way to loud to use............

I'm in the same boat, I have tried 0 - 5 on the startup.txt and it makes very little difference. I Pretty much have to hold the phone a foot from my head it's so loud.

However, everyday this thing gets better and better and it's damn near perfect! Great work!
Old 09-01-2010, 12:22 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP 2
Carrier: Sprint SERO FTW

o0adam0o is just getting started

So theres still a mic issue? I know the "TiKL" app (PTT app) isnt working with the mic and they cant hear me.

Other than that im loving this.. the apps alone make me want to move to android. If they get everything working on this im going to keep my TP2 and SERO for a long time lol. Thanks!
Old 09-01-2010, 12:36 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TP2

coolsilver is keeping up the good workcoolsilver is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by o0adam0o View Post
So theres still a mic issue? I know the "TiKL" app (PTT app) isnt working with the mic and they cant hear me.

Other than that im loving this.. the apps alone make me want to move to android. If they get everything working on this im going to keep my TP2 and SERO for a long time lol. Thanks!
Mine works. Mic from bottom of phone
Old 09-01-2010, 12:37 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TP2

coolsilver is keeping up the good workcoolsilver is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by imnuts View Post
I've had it find me, but only if i'm outside. Inside, it never finds my location properly.
Mine still randomly reboots when I turn on GPS
Old 09-01-2010, 12:39 PM
Regular 'Geeker

manekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masterface7 View Post
Hi has anybody gotten the 'my location' feature to work? Namely in the news&weather app or in the browser? Locating myself in a nav program or google maps or a gps test is no problem, just the 'my location' never works and it shouldn't even need gps to work.
I can confirm that it works for me on a Sprint Touch Pro 2. Froyo ships with GPS location updates disabled by default, and you need to enable them. After enabling, I fussed around with refreshing and I forget what else but remember it was kinda a process, and then the location started detecting in weather and the weather widget started working.

I can also confirm that going to google.com in the browser properly detects my location.
Old 09-01-2010, 01:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2: NAND OMGB

anish88 is just getting started

I am a newbie and i was wondering if I should use the RAR process or the CAB process? Which is faster? and Which is prone to have less problems? Is either or more beneficial?
Old 09-01-2010, 01:26 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Carrier: Verizon Wireles

gambit07 is keeping up the good workgambit07 is keeping up the good workgambit07 is keeping up the good work

Hey guys quick question, I know external sound is working now, however for me the 3.5 jack is still not working. If I plug headphones into it sound continues to play through the external speakers. Is there a startup.txt value I need to change or is this just an ongoing issue? Any insight would be greatly appreciated, thanks!
Old 09-01-2010, 01:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: SPRINT

Masterface7 is keeping up the good workMasterface7 is keeping up the good workMasterface7 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by anish88 View Post
I am a newbie and i was wondering if I should use the RAR process or the CAB process? Which is faster? and Which is prone to have less problems? Is either or more beneficial?
Well they are about the same speed the "rar process" requires you know what a rar is and then copy a folder to your sd card. the "cab process" only requires you copy 1 file over to you phone and then run it. So for you I say the cab process. The only difference between the 2 would be user error. They are the same beneficial-wise.
However if you every wanna manually update your files between releases on this thread you are gonna need to understand the rar process as well.

So for you right now I would go with the cab and install it to the sd card if it asks. There is no up or downside to either it is just a preference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by manekineko View Post
I can confirm that it works for me on a Sprint Touch Pro 2. Froyo ships with GPS location updates disabled by default, and you need to enable them. After enabling, I fussed around with refreshing and I forget what else but remember it was kinda a process, and then the location started detecting in weather and the weather widget started working.

I can also confirm that going to google.com in the browser properly detects my location.
interesting I guess there is hope yet I'll keep trying
Programs: PocketIRC, Total Commander, Sprint Arcsoft MMS, Mocha FTP, GCzII, Groovemobile, Dotfred Taskmgr, Resco Radio, Kbd Controller, Explorer ext., Opera Mobile, Opera Mini 5, Skyfire, Bing, Azgard Tower defense, Palm Heros

Last edited by Masterface7; 09-01-2010 at 01:32 PM.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2

Tags
android os, tp2 android apps