PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-01-2010, 01:44 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo / Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

aronlib is keeping up the good workaronlib is keeping up the good workaronlib is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [CAB] GSM&CDMA Project Android Port and Startup Utility [8/30] FIXED NOISE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gambit07 View Post
Hey guys quick question, I know external sound is working now, however for me the 3.5 jack is still not working. If I plug headphones into it sound continues to play through the external speakers. Is there a startup.txt value I need to change or is this just an ongoing issue? Any insight would be greatly appreciated, thanks!
It is currently not working, It might be very beneficial for you to read the forum, instead of just posting, besides you will get your answers quicker.

Old 09-01-2010, 02:34 PM
Test one, test two.
Pocket PC: EVO 3D

proxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIP

Hello Everyone,

I am still having issues with sound even with the 8-30 package from Matt, I could not get the sound to work.
I know that I am flashing it right, I done it a few times just to make sure, I deleted all files from my Sd card too.
when I go into settings/volume it seems okay
When I go into ringtones the only option is silent and it is checked but it is uncheckable.

I am using Blazing rar version 8-30.

Any ideas or tips are welcome.

Thank you!
Old 09-01-2010, 02:38 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: SPRINT

Masterface7 is keeping up the good workMasterface7 is keeping up the good workMasterface7 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by manekineko View Post
I can confirm that it works for me on a Sprint Touch Pro 2. Froyo ships with GPS location updates disabled by default, and you need to enable them. After enabling, I fussed around with refreshing and I forget what else but remember it was kinda a process, and then the location started detecting in weather and the weather widget started working.

I can also confirm that going to google.com in the browser properly detects my location.
Alright all I can find is settings>location&security settings>

then there are 2 check boxes for my location i have them both checked. Can you tell me any other places i might need to to some settings changes to get this working? I am sure others wold appreciate the help too since it seems I am not the only one not able to get this working.
Programs: PocketIRC, Total Commander, Sprint Arcsoft MMS, Mocha FTP, GCzII, Groovemobile, Dotfred Taskmgr, Resco Radio, Kbd Controller, Explorer ext., Opera Mobile, Opera Mini 5, Skyfire, Bing, Azgard Tower defense, Palm Heros
Old 09-01-2010, 04:19 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: Verizon

Pr1apism is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by proxhack View Post
Hello Everyone,

I am still having issues with sound even with the 8-30 package from Matt, I could not get the sound to work.
I know that I am flashing it right, I done it a few times just to make sure, I deleted all files from my Sd card too.
When I go into ringtones the only option is silent and it is checked but it is uncheckable.

Thank you!
I have the exact same issue, as do others on the thread, I've searched and have not seen it answered. I'm like Rudolph over here not being allowed to play in any reindeer games - sounds like others have it working fine.

I've seen it posted that doing a media scan from the dev-tools app may work, but I tried that it only helped get my music app to see the MP3s the only ringtone option was still silent. (although you can play an mp3 then select set as ringtone from the menu and that does work but a little klunky and doesn't help with the other notifications, just your main ringtone for calls)

Hopefully someone has whatever step we missed and is cool enough to share the knowledge.
Old 09-01-2010, 04:28 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Note 2
Carrier: Sprint Advantage Club

neudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by proxhack View Post
Hello Everyone,

Thank you!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pr1apism View Post
I have the exact same issue, as do others on the thread, I've searched and have not seen it answered. I'm like Rudolph over here not being allowed to play in any reindeer games - sounds like others have it working fine.

I've seen it posted that doing a media scan from the dev-tools app may work, but I tried that it only helped get my music app to see the MP3s the only ringtone option was still silent. (although you can play an mp3 then select set as ringtone from the menu and that does work but a little klunky and doesn't help with the other notifications, just your main ringtone for calls)

Hopefully someone has whatever step we missed and is cool enough to share the knowledge.

I had the same issue, this is how I fixed it...
  1. Uninstalled android
  2. deleted all android files off my SD card
  3. moved everything from my SD card to my PC
  4. reformatted the SD card using the PC
  5. moved everything from my PC to the SD card
  6. reinstalled android
TADA!!
Works like a charm now
Old 09-01-2010, 04:50 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon Wireles

gambit07 is keeping up the good workgambit07 is keeping up the good workgambit07 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by aronlib View Post
It is currently not working, It might be very beneficial for you to read the forum, instead of just posting, besides you will get your answers quicker.
It would be very beneficial if that was actually posted on the first page under things that aren't working. As it stands right now it isn't, which is why I asked. Thanks for the info.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-01-2010, 05:49 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP 2
Carrier: Sprint SERO FTW

o0adam0o is just getting started

Is there any benefit to using a clean seperate memory card for android?

Ive been using my regular memory card and Im thinking of getting and extra 2gb one but not sure if the benefits are worth the hassle.
Old 09-01-2010, 05:59 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: SPRINT

Masterface7 is keeping up the good workMasterface7 is keeping up the good workMasterface7 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by o0adam0o View Post
Is there any benefit to using a clean seperate memory card for android?

Ive been using my regular memory card and Im thinking of getting and extra 2gb one but not sure if the benefits are worth the hassle.
I have heard people argue that it could damage or wear out your memory card but i have been using my normal card for a while and not run into any problems.
Old 09-01-2010, 06:35 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: sprint

i_m_jughead is becoming a great contributor
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.80 (Android; Opera Mini/5.1.21126/19.916; U; en) Presto/2.5.25)

i have been using the 8/30 build as my primary os for phone its amazing.
i have noticed that the led always stays orange....in the previous version it use to become green when the phone went to sleep...does this mean my phone never goes down to sleep just turns the screen off?
any ideas on how to fix this?
Old 09-01-2010, 08:41 PM
Test one, test two.
Pocket PC: EVO 3D

proxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by neudof View Post
I had the same issue, this is how I fixed it...
  1. Uninstalled android
  2. deleted all android files off my SD card
  3. moved everything from my SD card to my PC
  4. reformatted the SD card using the PC
  5. moved everything from my PC to the SD card
  6. reinstalled android
TADA!!
Works like a charm now
Thanks for the info.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2

Tags