PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-31-2010, 01:56 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro Zwei
Carrier: TNN (the now network)

bdurst08 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbdurst08 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbdurst08 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbdurst08 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbdurst08 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [CAB] GSM&CDMA Project Android Port and Startup Utility [8/30] FIXED NOISE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by manekineko View Post
You overclocked? Sounds unstable.
No I am not. I was before, then realised thats why i was not able to boot into android. So i haven't been overclocking since I started using android.
Old 08-31-2010, 02:06 PM
Post Master General
Pocket PC: White Evo: Myn's TPT RLS5, Stock Kernel
Carrier: The "NOW" Network

InvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by milkycoins View Post
Its been a while since I have ran android on my phone and with all the new fixes coming out I wanted to give it another try.

I use to be able to run android on my phone with the old builds and installed the new one the exact same way as i use to...

However, I am getting No Service and cant seem to find a way to fix that in order to fully use the phone. I am using a Sprint TP2 and if anyone could help me that would be great.

Thanks!
Sim card out is usually the quickest fix.... have you tried this?

Best... Member... Ever...
Old 08-31-2010, 02:09 PM
Post Master General
Pocket PC: White Evo: Myn's TPT RLS5, Stock Kernel
Carrier: The "NOW" Network

InvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdurst08 View Post
So I am having a problem booting into the new version. i was using the last version w/ no sound w/o any problems and since i replaced the rootsf, modules, and zimage i always get stuckin the boot mode (where the lines of data are shown). it gets stuck in a different part everytime. So far I have only been able to boot successfully into android once.

Any reason that I could be having this problem?

Thanks guys!!
check your startup.txt first. If you have a backed up copy that worked well before be sure to copy it just in case...
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-31-2010, 02:34 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

manekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdurst08 View Post
No I am not. I was before, then realised thats why i was not able to boot into android. So i haven't been overclocking since I started using android.
I meant is your startup.txt overclocked. There's a line in there that overclocks Android.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-31-2010, 03:37 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro Zwei
Carrier: TNN (the now network)

bdurst08 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbdurst08 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbdurst08 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbdurst08 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbdurst08 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by InvincibleLiving View Post
check your startup.txt first. If you have a backed up copy that worked well before be sure to copy it just in case...
I dont have a working copy. neer thought to save one that worked before i upgraded the new info. I guess i will have to make one. Thanks and thanked
Quote:
I meant is your startup.txt overclocked. There's a line in there that overclocks Android.
Oh, not sure. I will have to look. I did get it to finally boot again about an hour ago. I will have to play with it some more when my battery is charged again. thanks and thanked.
Edit; I checked my start up text and there is no line for OC in there. So I am not sreu whats causing it to hang up on boot.

Last edited by bdurst08; 08-31-2010 at 04:20 PM.
Old 08-31-2010, 03:55 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

milkycoins is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by InvincibleLiving View Post
Sim card out is usually the quickest fix.... have you tried this?
Yes, sim card is out but still getting No Service
Old 08-31-2010, 03:59 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Did you set the Sprint settings in your startup.txt? You have to enable data.

If you don't want to modify it yourself, somebody posted their working startup in other thread.
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...8&postcount=13
No I did not set the Sprint settings, what do I have to enter or change?

Any help would be great. Thanks again
Old 08-31-2010, 04:00 PM
Flashaholic!
Pocket PC: Vogue->(TP2/Incredible 2/ThunderBolt)
Carrier: Verizon

Lmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by milkycoins View Post
Yes, sim card is out but still getting No Service
Make sure your startup.txt or default.txt (which ever one you use) is set to htc_hw.force_cdma=1.
Then before you boot to Android make sure you have a active internet connection. I do this by opening Internet explorer... But sometimes I don't catch it quick enough and I have to do it twice...

Good luck.
P.S,
I don't have my sim card removed either...
Old 08-31-2010, 04:05 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lmiller1708 View Post
Make sure your startup.txt or default.txt (which ever one you use) is set to htc_hw.force_cdma=1.
Then before you boot to Android make sure you have a active internet connection. I do this by opening Internet explorer... But sometimes I don't catch it quick enough and I have to do it twice...

Good luck.
P.S,
I don't have my sim card removed either...
I appreciate it, I will try this when I get home
Old 08-31-2010, 04:49 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Touch PRO 2 (Sprint)

ModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Milkeycoins I see your on sprint too

Go here and replace your startup.txt in your andboot with this one. http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...84&postcount=9

To get data go to Settings>wireless & networks>Mobile networks> select data enabled.

This post has been thanked 2 times.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2

Tags
android os, tp2 android apps