PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-07-2010, 09:30 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

neotropic is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [CAB] GSM&CDMA Project Android Port and Startup Utility [8/30] FIXED NOISE!

It is the Airplane mode. It keeps turning on.
I disabled it and it re-enables on its own.

I go into settings, un-check it and just sits there saying 'Enabling wireless connections...' and does nothing. I exit the settings and go back and is checked again.
Old 09-07-2010, 09:41 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

neotropic is a n00b

Eh, 'might' have been sim card.
I did not think of it because in a previous version I had it working with the card.
Old 09-07-2010, 11:40 PM
c0w
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

c0w is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to c0w

when i first installed the cab android ran pretty good but data connection didn't work. so i removed the sim card and ran the update utility in the project android app and everytime android boots up the phone reboots... do any of you guys experience this?
Old 09-08-2010, 12:47 AM
H the F Up!RED DRAGONS!!
Pocket PC: TouchPro 2
Carrier: Big Red V

Whotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIP

Alright I am ........ ................ Can't get Data...no matter what.

I am not a total noob but am feeling like one.....I have tried all methods mentioned in updated FAQ and searched through several pages.....

Can't set up apn like directed in FAQ it wants more info then what the FAQ gives... It wont let me save without entering name, server, APN,MCS, MSS I tried making it up and it saved but did not show in list when I backed out of set up. When I go into to the Search for networks it just says searching..........FOREVER.....waited 10 minutes and it never did anything...but like the FAQ says I tried it all again.....no go. It doesnt let me choose between the two options of Find Auto or the other, it just starts searching FOREVER.

So if anyone on VZW could shoot me a PM or post it up here what I need to do I would appreciate it. After reading the FAQ and 20 pages back I am sure I am doing it all correct but as many times I have tried I may be missing something.

Oh and prob oughta mention that suddenly when I booted it up this last time my data came on but when I hit the slider to unlock data went away. Out of 20 times trying the exact same methods.....that happened....weird.

Odd but i can't leave this XDandroid alone! If I could just get data to stick I would be set!
Old 09-08-2010, 12:58 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch

SpoiledK is just getting started

Need alittle help. I've downloaded the Blazn cab and tried installing it onto my TP2, but after 20 sec of trying to install, it reboots. I tried to install both cab and I keep getting reboots after about 20 sec. After it reboots, it did not install android. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks...
Old 09-08-2010, 01:03 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TP2 w/Mighty ROM
Carrier: Verizon

KaliKilla is becoming a great contributor

Booting the new build right now. Great job to everybody that helped to get Android working. I am glad I picked the TP2 over the Android phone. Now I have the best of both worlds as far as better keyboard and business like functions along with Android. I am a happy camper.
My Favorite Toy:
Stag Model 1 AR15 =====
Old 09-08-2010, 01:12 AM
H the F Up!RED DRAGONS!!
Pocket PC: TouchPro 2
Carrier: Big Red V

Whotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaliKilla View Post
Booting the new build right now. Great job to everybody that helped to get Android working. I am glad I picked the TP2 over the Android phone. Now I have the best of both worlds as far as better keyboard and business like functions along with Android. I am a happy camper.
SOoooooo is your VZW data working......If soooooo HOW? PLEASE....I wanna join the Windroid club but can't play until I have some data.

I am totaly new to Android on the TP2
Old 09-08-2010, 03:47 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: VZW Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

natemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.80 (J2ME/MIDP; Opera Mini/5.0.3521/20.2463; U; en) Presto/2.5.25)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whotahn
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaliKilla View Post
SOoooooo is your VZW data working......If soooooo HOW? PLEASE....I wanna join the Windroid club but can't play until I have some data.

I am totaly new to Android on the TP2
For those with data issues, make sure you take out your SIM card and check the Force CDMA option.

For those having reboot issues, try the non-BLAZN version as it could be the OC or other settings causing it. If you haven't been able to get it working yet, I recommend cleaning all Android files off your card and use the RAR files.
Finally, stop using the updater in the launcher app. It has been known to cause all sorts of issues. Do it manually and you not only learn about the different components, you can keep up on the latest builds without waiting for new CABs and RARs
Old 09-08-2010, 08:48 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro 2

wud_e is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Hi Thanks for this!

I've only seen 3 issues on my Sprint TP2 phone:

1) The LED stayed on after charging overnight. It stays orange.
2) Windows won't see my device hooked up on USB. I've tried all USB ports and it doesn't see it.

EDIT:
3) If I reboot and go back into Windows I can't get back into Android without a new .cab install. It takes me to a screen that starts with "Launch a script file. Default path is the same where the executable lives..."

Gun Doggy Bull Dodga of the WP7 Gang

P7

Last edited by wud_e; 09-08-2010 at 10:51 AM.
Old 09-08-2010, 11:00 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC VOGUE
Carrier: sprint

testlinkt is a n00b

Good job on the work so far!

One issue I noticed and have been able to reproduce multiple times:

1. GPS / Data doesnt work inside buildings in Android. Rebooting to Windows Mobile data and GPS work at the same exact spot. (And yes there is no SIM card and windows mobile has set to pick the Sprint network only)
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2

Tags
android os, tp2 android apps