PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-02-2010, 06:49 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: VZW Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

natemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [CAB] GSM&CDMA Project Android Port and Startup Utility [11/221] FRX03 Reference!

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh View Post
Correct. You can have them always on if they are on when you boot haret. Otherwise they're always off. Yet another thing on WisTilt2's list.... Hopefully when he gets back into the swing of things we can finish up his work on the speakerphone stuff and go back to focusing on the lighting. He seemed worried that it would be significantly different for each individual RHOD, and based on how the autobl commit went... His worries definitely seem justified
Which is why I believe we need to move away from froyo.user.conf for keyboard layout and other variant command lines. We have machine_variant working on NAND, and I think Wozzer's code for that needs to get committed to the main tree. This would allow them to target specific variants in the code in a much simpler way.
Old 12-02-2010, 09:42 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

manekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuff
Re: [CAB] GSM&CDMA Project Android Port and Startup Utility [11/221] FRX03 Reference!

Quote:
As for the rest of the stuff you asked for updates on, it is ALL being worked on but it's sporadic. Camera seems to be making some good progress, and the headphone jack seems trivial... Just need someone to take a good look at it. Battery code probably needs to be cleaned up, and there's probably some other power management improvements that will help with drain. We need to get camro a device so he can finish his battery driver
I haven't followed the IRC logs in a while, but I was curious if cell tower triangulation is being worked on at all, even sporadically?

Also, any movement to integrate the new 3D driver/gralloc/build.prop into XDAndoird? They've worked really great for me.
Old 12-02-2010, 10:33 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by manekineko View Post
I haven't followed the IRC logs in a while, but I was curious if cell tower triangulation is being worked on at all, even sporadically?

Also, any movement to integrate the new 3D driver/gralloc/build.prop into XDAndoird? They've worked really great for me.
Cell tower triangulation works great on GSM... I haven't had anybody willing to troubleshoot the issue with me. CDMA isn't so liked among most of the devs. It's kind of a bastard child.

I haven't noticed a difference whatsoever with the new driver, so I doubt it. I know ACL is taking a good hard look at it and fiddling with some settings related to it... so if he figures out the right combo and it does have an effect, then I'd imagine it would make it in. We'll just have to see what happens with it. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe he's already put this into his NAND git tree...
Old 12-02-2010, 10:52 PM
Post Master General
Pocket PC: White Evo: Myn's TPT RLS5, Stock Kernel
Carrier: The "NOW" Network

InvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributions

There's an absolute difference when using the driver. I havent seen added results from gralloc & build.prop... but I'm not sure I mounted them properly in the first place. The 3d driver is the real deal though.

Best... Member... Ever...
Old 12-02-2010, 11:33 PM
Regular 'Geeker

manekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by InvincibleLiving View Post
There's an absolute difference when using the driver. I havent seen added results from gralloc & build.prop... but I'm not sure I mounted them properly in the first place. The 3d driver is the real deal though.
Definitely the real deal. Attempt to run Angry Birds Lite, observe it does not run. Install the new build.prop, observe that Angry Birds Lite runs.

Also, run OpenTyrian, with detail set to low and sound and music disabled. Observes it is as if the game is running through molasses. Install the 3D driver and gralloc, observe that a logo now displays when you start the game, and the game runs at normal speeds.
Old 12-02-2010, 11:34 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Cell tower triangulation works great on GSM... I haven't had anybody willing to troubleshoot the issue with me. CDMA isn't so liked among most of the devs. It's kind of a bastard child.
What would you need for troubleshooting CDMA tower triangulation?
Old 12-03-2010, 02:43 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: tp2

[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:

Spoke to stinedb about incorporating the gralloc and lib into xdandroid. Unfortunately it does not work for vga devices (raphael and diam) so im not sure if this will make it in unless those devices are fixed first.
Old 12-03-2010, 03:23 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (Rhod 400)

tpdjr is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartpdjr is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartpdjr is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartpdjr is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartpdjr is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Hey is there any progress on the blazn builds or are we not going to be able to use that anymore. O and ACL just curious how far are we on going completely on nand? Is there a possibility we might be able to soon?
Old 12-03-2010, 10:09 AM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpdjr View Post
Hey is there any progress on the blazn builds or are we not going to be able to use that anymore. O and ACL just curious how far are we on going completely on nand? Is there a possibility we might be able to soon?
If you're desperate for BLAZN, try this. We're having a really simple but maddening issue with changing a color and the whole system becoming unstable or even unbootable... Shame on you for asking about NAND progress in here, there's a freakin sticky thread on the topic...

Quote:
What would you need for troubleshooting CDMA tower triangulation?
A dev willing to troubleshoot. I have no clue where the issue is occurring, and I haven't been able to get anyone to work with me... because CDMA is the bastard child, and none of 'em really seem to like working with it. Most likely because they don't know how it works as well as they do GSM, so I can't really blame them.

Quote:
Definitely the real deal. Attempt to run Angry Birds Lite, observe it does not run. Install the new build.prop, observe that Angry Birds Lite runs.

Also, run OpenTyrian, with detail set to low and sound and music disabled. Observes it is as if the game is running through molasses. Install the 3D driver and gralloc, observe that a logo now displays when you start the game, and the game runs at normal speeds.
I don't play games, but my Neocore scores went down...? I don't get that, if 3d performance is better, why are my Neocore scores worse?
Old 12-03-2010, 01:14 PM
Post Master General
Pocket PC: White Evo: Myn's TPT RLS5, Stock Kernel
Carrier: The "NOW" Network

InvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributions

all of my benchmarks went up: neocore is now 19.x w/sound and 21.x without sound. prior to that I could never get past 16-17

quadrant is up, fps2d is up. like I said I only showed noticable results with the 3d driver alone, when I threw in build.prop and gralloc I saw no further performance increase. I hedge that by saying I'm fairly certain I didnt mount the commands properly or something...

I'm certain ACL wouldnt even mess with it if there were no evidence of performance boosts, and even he seems pretty excited by the possibility it holds.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2

Tags
android os, tp2 android apps