PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-20-2010, 08:54 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

gdavis612 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [CAB] GSM&CDMA Project Android Port and Startup Utility [10/04] BATT UPDATES!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gdavis612 View Post
Anyone having a problem getting fancy widget to work? i have a 3g connection and everything works fine with the market place.. but it keeps saying it cannot access the link and forces me to shut it down.. i did a search but i cant find anything about it..

anyone??
Old 10-20-2010, 09:14 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Touch PRO 2 (Sprint)

ModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: [CAB] GSM&CDMA Project Android Port and Startup Utility [10/04] BATT UPDATES!

Quote:
Anyone having a problem getting fancy widget to work? i have a 3g connection and everything works fine with the market place.. but it keeps saying it cannot access the link and forces me to shut it down.. i did a search but i cant find anything about it..
Remove the one you have and install this one.
Attached Files
File Type: apk Fancy_Widget_v1.3.0.apk (1.33 MB, 46 views) Click for barcode!

This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 10-20-2010, 09:38 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

ryanmv213 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularryanmv213 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularryanmv213 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularryanmv213 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
This is the link to the thread that solved it for me:

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/tp2-androi...t-working.html

I believe I had to use a combination of three things but now it works every time unless I format my SD card or delete the data image that stores your Android settings. I think one of the suggestions was run quickgps inside windows mobile before you boot into Android. Following are the two steps I do that work for me.

First click the hard windows button on the tp2 (second from the left). Then click the soft buttons 'settings' -> 'Applications' -> 'Manage Applications' -> 'Fancy Widget' -> 'Uninstall' -> 'ok' to uninstall.

After you have uninstalled the application you will need to reinstall in via your OI file manager than comes with the Blazin build by reefer or you can download OI file manager via marketplace if you are using the Reference build. For me on blazin I press the soft square looking applications button (with 16 smaller gray squares that make the bigger square; sorry don't know what this button is called yet), the I select 'OI file manager' -> 'andboot' -> 'AndroidAps'-> 'FancyWidget v1.3.0 apk' -> and then install it.

Once Fancy Widget is reinstalled then click the applications button again (with the 16 smaller gray squares) and the click 'FancyWidget' -> 'Set Location' -> and then type in your city here. Also in this same menu I turn off 'Use GPS location' and 'Use my location'. I think they said in the other thread the GPS or my location was currently freezing Fancy Widget.

Good luck.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 10-21-2010, 07:24 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: SGS III

fishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpriset View Post
Does anyone know why pressing the top power button puts the phone to sleep?(the same as the end key)

It used to bring you back to the home screen which was much better. Thanks.
Come on, read back a few pages and you'll see a bunch of comments on it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2phonejones View Post
Ive been getting google framework process force close error for the past 2 days whenever i try to download from market and even when using other apps?? ive searched for answers for hours please help!!!!!!!!
I've been having the same issues, I went back to the 10/11 kernel and zimage and still having them occasionally. I'm wondering if the updated rootfs file may be causing it too, although the older kernel and zimage did stabilize it a bit more.
Old 10-21-2010, 08:52 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

djxtreme504 is becoming a great contributor

Just noticed there was an update available using the startup utility.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-22-2010, 12:46 AM
The Pusher Man
Pocket PC: BB
Carrier: Sprint - Simply Everything

Lsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Bad idea with the key change. I like having a "Home" and a "Sleep" function.
We went from a system with keys that mostly functioned to now I have a button that does nothing. I greatly appreciate all the work but I got to give my 2cents on this and I cant see anything good in this change.

"Spare Parts" is not a fix.
Old 10-22-2010, 12:50 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

butler360 is keeping up the good workbutler360 is keeping up the good workbutler360 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lsme420 View Post
We went from a system with keys that mostly functioned to now I have a button that does nothing. I greatly appreciate all the work but I got to give my 2cents on this and I cant see anything good in this change.

Have to agree with this. There is no home button now.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-22-2010, 05:34 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: T-Mobile NL

StarLite is just getting started

The power button does not seem to work for me at all either (rhod100_uk) using the latest Blazin' version and the latest kernel. I have set my end key to do home, then sleep.
The power button does not sleep or wake-up my device at all, but I heard it did work for some other people. Maybe there is a difference between rhod versions, or maybe it has to do with Blazin' or an app overruling the button?

How can I test whats the problem? Are there any logfiles I could check?
Old 10-22-2010, 09:27 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro 2

bean373 is keeping up the good workbean373 is keeping up the good work

I have one problem. Everytime I try to use data(internet/maps/etc) my phone will reboot. Anyone have a solution to this?

Using "CAB - Android v2.2 Froyo: BLAZN"
I have used the SD Formatter program to format the micro SD card.
Using Energy's Oct 20th Cookie 21916 rom(have also tried Task29 and reinstalled the rom)
I have run the updater to get the latest update.

Could it be a overclocking issue? Android is useless for me if data does not work or if I try to use it and it reboots on me. Tried the Angry Birds game and the games lags too much to be playable for me. Yeah, the white background screen is there.

Last edited by bean373; 10-22-2010 at 09:29 AM.
Old 10-22-2010, 10:42 AM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarLite View Post
The power button does not seem to work for me at all either (rhod100_uk) using the latest Blazin' version and the latest kernel. I have set my end key to do home, then sleep.
The power button does not sleep or wake-up my device at all, but I heard it did work for some other people. Maybe there is a difference between rhod versions, or maybe it has to do with Blazin' or an app overruling the button?

How can I test whats the problem? Are there any logfiles I could check?
Update. The new rootfs/kernels should fix this issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by butler360 View Post
Have to agree with this. There is no home button now.
Spare parts -> End Key Behavior.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lsme420 View Post

Sure it is. You get the home button back... Sure long press doesn't work like it used to, but I think that would require changes to the base system which is highly undesirable.

Keep your versions back if it's that big of a deal to you.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2

Tags
android os, tp2 android apps