PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-29-2010, 05:19 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

2phonejones is keeping up the good work2phonejones is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [CAB] GSM&CDMA Project Android Port and Startup Utility [9/28] NEW START APP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh View Post
LOL do you realize what happens on 10/1 for SERO customers right...?

Just like he said - make a call in WinMo with something plugged into the jack (to voicemail or the like, call has to stay active) and boot Android. Should be good. It used to break all sound tho, perhaps it doesn't any longer... I should play with it.
yea i tried calling my vm and booting android with my headphones in and sound still comes out of the phones speaker, any suggest??? or maybe my vm isnt doing the trick
Old 09-29-2010, 05:33 PM
N00b

linguini is just getting started
Re: [CAB] GSM&CDMA Project Android Port and Startup Utility [9/28] NEW START APP!

Quote:
LOL do you realize what happens on 10/1 for SERO customers right...?
LOL, yeah, as of 10/1 you have the option to pay $10 more per month to move to an Android device. It's optional, no mandatory. The TP2 is not ... errrr ... is kinda now an Android device.
Old 09-29-2010, 05:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: Verizon

coolsilver is keeping up the good workcoolsilver is keeping up the good work

Sound on the headphone jack really isn't fixed yet. Sometimes that trick works. I'd probably just wait until they can fix it.
Old 09-29-2010, 05:39 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2phonejones View Post
yea i tried calling my vm and booting android with my headphones in and sound still comes out of the phones speaker, any suggest??? or maybe my vm isnt doing the trick
Oh sorry I forgot to mention the snd.force statement needs to be set to 2.
Old 09-29-2010, 05:42 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
lol ok is that something in the startup command line??
Old 09-29-2010, 05:45 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Carrier: Verizon

butler360 is keeping up the good workbutler360 is keeping up the good workbutler360 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by xda-lordstrife View Post
I put my audio dong to my headset and did the mic work around(call with speakerphone but with the headset attached) but it was going to my headset and now it work in android and i can unplug andf plug back in and it works.
Sorry, but I have a strict policy of keeping dongs away from my head and/or headset.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-29-2010, 05:49 PM
Testing Extraordinaire

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
lol ok is that something in the startup command line??
Damnit Jim!!

Headset
snd.force_headset=X
1=USB headset
2=3.5mm headset

Yes, in your cmdline in your startup.txt. Don't use the MGJDroidUtil if you modify your startup, it will blast out any customizations you have done.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 09-29-2010, 05:52 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Damnit Jim!!

Headset
snd.force_headset=X
1=USB headset
2=3.5mm headset

Yes, in your cmdline in your startup.txt. Don't use the MGJDroidUtil if you modify your startup, it will blast out any customizations you have done.
haha ok thanks, i always use haret to boot. Just to clarify when i add this cmd do i still need to boot into android with headphones plugged in and such and i swear im done bothering you! lol
Old 09-29-2010, 06:00 PM
Testing Extraordinaire

Quote:
haha ok thanks, i always use haret to boot. Just to clarify when i add this cmd do i still need to boot into android with headphones plugged in and such and i swear im done bothering you! lol
I believe so... test it for us. I've tested so many different scenarios, but I haven't tried yet with the new build.
Old 09-29-2010, 06:08 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: tilt2
Carrier: att

xda-lordstrife is just getting started

Quote:
on the tilt2 i didnt put anything into the cmd line!
I called 611 for att it last long enough for android to boot and i dont waste mins.

I have my headphones plugged in then make the call so sound is coming from my ear piece then just let it boot.

Last edited by xda-lordstrife; 09-29-2010 at 06:11 PM. Reason: added info
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2

Tags
android os, tp2 android apps