PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-04-2010, 01:15 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

ewangmd is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [CAB] GSM&CDMA Project Android Port and Startup Utility [9/28] NEW START APP!

1. I have had the same issues with sound. Also, about 30-40% of the time for an outgoing call I hear nothing, no ringing or voice. The other end pics up and also hears nothing. If he calls me back, or I call again, it's fine.

2. I also lose the 3G sporadically, often > 5x a day. To get it back I goto Settings > Wireless & Networks > Mobile networks and then click off and then on Data enabled. It's a pain but better than restarting the phone...
Old 10-04-2010, 02:34 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Optimus V
Carrier: Virgin Mobile

aldamon is becoming a PPCGeeks regularaldamon is becoming a PPCGeeks regularaldamon is becoming a PPCGeeks regularaldamon is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: [CAB] GSM&CDMA Project Android Port and Startup Utility [9/28] NEW START APP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdkjr View Post
Sometimes (haven't established a pattern yet), when I answer an incoming call or make an outgoing call, no audio can be heard on the unit. I have to hit the windows key, hit speaker phone to turn it on, hit it agian to turn it off, then the audio comes through the unit. Have others experienced this or have a workaround
Yes, I posted it here and it's been talked about quite a bit in the XDA thread.
Old 10-04-2010, 02:50 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic, HTC TP2
Carrier: Sprint - SERO Premium

Viper786 is keeping up the good workViper786 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by ewangmd View Post
1. I have had the same issues with sound. Also, about 30-40% of the time for an outgoing call I hear nothing, no ringing or voice. The other end pics up and also hears nothing. If he calls me back, or I call again, it's fine.

2. I also lose the 3G sporadically, often > 5x a day. To get it back I goto Settings > Wireless & Networks > Mobile networks and then click off and then on Data enabled. It's a pain but better than restarting the phone...
I have the exact same issues. I have not found a work around for the call sound issue, but for the 3G I downloaded this widget from the market called "Toggle Data".

It's pretty ugly, but it gets the job done. When my data stops working, instead of going into the settings, i just tap this to turn data off, then tap it again to turn it back on. Does the exact same thing as going into settings to turn data off and on, but a lot quicker. Also, when I'm not using data, i just disable it using this widget and believe me, that does wonders for the battery life.

Old 10-04-2010, 05:33 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

linguini is just getting started

Sorry if this is off topic but can anyone recommend a call recording app that works well with the TP2?

Thanks
Old 10-04-2010, 05:43 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by linguini View Post
Sorry if this is off topic but can anyone recommend a call recording app that works well with the TP2?

Thanks
...For Android? I just use Google Voice, never recorded a convo but it works on any phone.
Old 10-04-2010, 05:43 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: VZW Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

natemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.80 (Android; Opera Mini/5.1.21126/20.2485; U; en) Presto/2.5.25)

Quote:
Originally Posted by linguini

Thanks
That is off topic. This thread is for development/feedback only. Please start a new thread with your question. And no, I haven't tried any apps for this yet.
Old 10-04-2010, 06:52 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Carrier: verizon

twobeaglesjtj is just getting started

I am using the latest kernel, http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/tp2-androi...s-testing.html, with the battery status fix and it works great but still the issue with sound when making calls is still present.........I have tried different scenarios as posted- volume up and down key, speakerphone, etc. but no luck...It is very random and when I try to dial a phone number from contacts or favorites etc, it connects but then silence......It is the only thing that would keep me from using this full time........Anyone have updates or projects in the works to fix this??? I will be glad to be a tester for it. I am on Verizon with a TP2 (cdma)....I have noticed others have the issue also....I am not complaining as I appreciate all the work that has gone into this....but would love to use Android full time!! Thanks for all you do!!!
Old 10-04-2010, 07:04 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by twobeaglesjtj View Post
I am using the latest kernel, http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/tp2-androi...s-testing.html, with the battery status fix and it works great but still the issue with sound when making calls is still present.........I have tried different scenarios as posted- volume up and down key, speakerphone, etc. but no luck...It is very random and when I try to dial a phone number from contacts or favorites etc, it connects but then silence......It is the only thing that would keep me from using this full time........Anyone have updates or projects in the works to fix this??? I will be glad to be a tester for it. I am on Verizon with a TP2 (cdma)....I have noticed others have the issue also....I am not complaining as I appreciate all the work that has gone into this....but would love to use Android full time!! Thanks for all you do!!!
Hrm... Perhaps this is a RHOD500 only thing? Doubtful. I've never had this happen.
Old 10-04-2010, 07:12 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Carrier: verizon

twobeaglesjtj is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh View Post
Hrm... Perhaps this is a RHOD500 only thing? Doubtful. I've never had this happen.
I thought the same thing until I started seeing on this thread, post#2131, and in many others- XDA thread, people with Touch Pro's and TP2's with different carriers having similar problems...
Old 10-04-2010, 08:25 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: n/a
Carrier: sprint

domoarigato is a n00b

anyone experiencing call drops mid call? and the phone loses service?
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2

Tags
android os, tp2 android apps