View Single Post
Old 10-22-2010, 06:26 PM
josidhe
Lurker

josidhe is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [CAB] GSM&CDMA Project Android Port and Startup Utility [10/04] BATT UPDATES!

Though I would like to add another voice to using the top button as a Home key, I don't mind figuring out how to hack it in myself (though hopefully it's fairly straight forward or explained somewhere, because if I have to learn programming to do it, this might as well be a Linux forum 15 years ago).

My main concern is, Android is heralded as the perfect multitasking mobile OS, and the recent programs menu was one of the primary tools for app switching. End key as home, though useful, is neutered, and incapable of performing the full range of functionality Home key offered. We can argue about "keeping power as power", but you can't really play semantics and technicalities when we're already misusing the Start key as the Menu key (a functionality completely absent in WinMo). If we're willing to reassign one based on *translating* functionality, it's no less reasonable to reassign another.

But all that aside, IS there another way to access recent programs? Is there any app, hack, switch, or anything anywhere within or without Android that brings that menu up when you don't have a Home key? IS there another way to pull up screen previews in LauncherPro?
This post has been thanked 1 times.