PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-09-2010, 10:36 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

wud_e is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [CAB] GSM&CDMA Project Android Port and Startup Utility [8/30] FIXED NOISE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by InvincibleLiving View Post
Hey np, did the defaut.txt work for you?

Yes it did work, thanks for checking back.

Gun Doggy Bull Dodga of the WP7 Gang

P7
Old 09-09-2010, 10:50 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

signal34 is keeping up the good worksignal34 is keeping up the good worksignal34 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Reefer:

How can we modify the build.prop file in the system folder? I'm trying to fix a problem with my certain ringers only ringing one time during an incoming call, and the possible fix entails modifying the build.prop file. I can successfully modify it using Root Explorer, but when I reboot none of the changes stick. I've tried adding the line in my startup.txt file also, but either it's: 1) still a bug or 2) startup.txt isn't the place to add the change.

Basically, it's changing the line from "ro.telephony.call_ring.delay=1" to "ro.telephony.call_ring.delay=2000."

Thanks for any insight you can provide.
Old 09-09-2010, 10:58 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

gonzo is just getting started

Holy crap, my little LED isn't staying on or flashing anymore - Was this part of the latest zImage / Modules fix? if so, thanks!

nm...it came back after droid crashed & rebooted.

Last edited by gonzo; 09-09-2010 at 11:15 AM. Reason: premature epostination
Old 09-09-2010, 11:58 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

steveholtam is keeping up the good worksteveholtam is keeping up the good work

The LED is supposed to be on. Steady green is good, and what you want. If your orange more then green, try killing some programs. Or have reduce frequency of email checking, Favebook updates, Twitter updates, News updates, etc.

Your battery will thank you.
Old 09-09-2010, 12:20 PM
Post Master General
Pocket PC: White Evo: Myn's TPT RLS5, Stock Kernel
Carrier: The "NOW" Network

InvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by beathookup View Post
Loving it so far!!! Everything runs smooth and quick in comparison too Windows in my opinion. With all the data connections working I'm able to whip through the Market, Web, and texting while having no real issues. The battery is what is being a huge issue right now but I have my laptop with me all day so just carry the USB cord for quick charges. I look forward to more releases in the future and will post any problems and try to be as helpful to new flashers as you have been.
That's the spirit, helping others on the site is what truly separates this place from anywhere else!

Best... Member... Ever...
Old 09-09-2010, 12:28 PM
Post Master General

InvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by signal34 View Post
Reefer:

How can we modify the build.prop file in the system folder? I'm trying to fix a problem with my certain ringers only ringing one time during an incoming call, and the possible fix entails modifying the build.prop file. I can successfully modify it using Root Explorer, but when I reboot none of the changes stick. I've tried adding the line in my startup.txt file also, but either it's: 1) still a bug or 2) startup.txt isn't the place to add the change.

Basically, it's changing the line from "ro.telephony.call_ring.delay=1" to "ro.telephony.call_ring.delay=2000."

Thanks for any insight you can provide.
I too have noticed that the startup.txt /default.txt is unresponsive to certain entries. For instance when I check the Rhod400 kb layout and select force cdma, it edits the .txt files but somehow the next time I launch project android it asks for the same selection all over again even though they've been added to the file.

Meh... I realize Reef said they're working on a new bootloader config to address some of these issues... I just forgot. My bad. I can wait.... is it ready yet?

kidding kidding.
Old 09-09-2010, 01:30 PM
Regular 'Geeker

I just installed the market access apk to open the market place, and it worked like a charm. Very cool to finally see all the apps that are not free.

Here is the link-

http://amip.tools-for.net/android/MarketAccess
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-09-2010, 01:33 PM
Post Master General

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveholtam View Post
I just installed the market access apk to open the market place, and it worked like a charm. Very cool to finally see all the apps that are not free.

Here is the link-

http://amip.tools-for.net/android/MarketAccess
wow, never knew this existed very cool. Personally I'll stick with the free stuff but thanks for the find.
Old 09-09-2010, 03:09 PM
Regular 'Geeker

No problem. For those that are new to android like me, the linked file is a zip. Download that file, move it to your phone and rename that file to an .apk. Then just use your app installer of choice to install the program. Oh, here are a couple of the carrier codes not preinstalled for us US folks -

Sprint in USA is 310120
Verizon in USA is 310012
AT&T in USA is 310410

Put your carrier number in the Custom section and that is all you do.
Old 09-09-2010, 04:00 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO 4G

robj19 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrobj19 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrobj19 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrobj19 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Cool Re: [CAB] GSM&CDMA Project Android Port and Startup Utility [8/30] FIXED NOISE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by InvincibleLiving View Post
Does this trick do anything for other voice operated apps like voice dial/search ect? Just curious (and hopeful lol)

Thanks for sharing this dope tip!
Yes it helps with the other voice recognition apps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by o0adam0o View Post
Dude it worked! Thanks.. thats awesome! Not sure if anyone else knows about this... made the android port twice as good!
Well why didn't you click that thanks button?! LOL

Don't just say THANKS click it!

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2

Tags
android os, tp2 android apps