PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-10-2010, 03:02 PM
Volunteer Newsie
Pocket PC: NS4G
Carrier: Sprint - SERO Premium

beathookup is keeping up the good workbeathookup is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [CAB] GSM&CDMA Project Android Port and Startup Utility [8/30] FIXED NOISE!

Not quite sure what is wrong but I was running Android for about 2 days solid with no problems, but this morning my phone shut off and than boot back into the Sprint ROM. I have tried launching Android again but once everything loads up I just have a black screen, the phone is not off I can tell it's back lite but nothing happens. I have wiped my SD card clear and put all the Android back onto it but still the same thing. Maybe it's a simple fix but I can't figure out what's wrong.
Old 09-10-2010, 03:13 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

choogle is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reefermattness View Post
If you used the tool to update your zimage/modules you will need to download the newest zimage/modules manually fromt he project tracking page to replace the broken ones. The tool right now does not work for zimage/modules and we are currently working on a replacement.
thanks, it's working now.
Old 09-10-2010, 05:29 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

butler360 is keeping up the good workbutler360 is keeping up the good workbutler360 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by beathookup View Post
Not quite sure what is wrong but I was running Android for about 2 days solid with no problems, but this morning my phone shut off and than boot back into the Sprint ROM. I have tried launching Android again but once everything loads up I just have a black screen, the phone is not off I can tell it's back lite but nothing happens. I have wiped my SD card clear and put all the Android back onto it but still the same thing. Maybe it's a simple fix but I can't figure out what's wrong.
Same thing has happened to me. It seems like SD cards (or at least some of them) are just not stable enough.
Old 09-10-2010, 05:31 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro 2

wud_e is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

I didn't see it mentioned but if anyone was looking or wondering importing Vcards from Outlook is easy.

Transfering from Simcard didn't work for me and Android just stayed on "Reading Sim Card..." and never did anything.

What I did was since I had all my contacts in Outlook I highlighted all of them, right clicked on a contact, "Send Full Contact", "In Internet Format (VCard)".

This will open an email with all of your contacts on the attachment line allowing you to select them all at one time.

I then connected my Phone while in WinMo and connected as a USB Drive. I then created a folder called VCard in the Root. Then I copied all of the slected contacts from the e-mail and then pasted them in the VCard folder.

Then I rebooted into XAndroid and went to contacts, brought up the menu (Windows Key), then selected "Import/Export" and finally "Import from SD". This gave me the option to import them all at once.

Sorry if someone did post this and I missed this. Hopefully this helps someone.

Gun Doggy Bull Dodga of the WP7 Gang

P7
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-10-2010, 05:48 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wud_e View Post
I didn't see it mentioned but if anyone was looking or wondering importing Vcards from Outlook is easy...
I think most just use Google Sync with GMail to do it. I've been doing it with WinMo for years, and my contacts were pulled into Android with NO fuss whatsoever. It couldn't have been easier, and that way if I flash a new ROM, get a new phone etc I don't have to worry about my contacts.
Old 09-10-2010, 06:45 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

ThrottleAbuse is just getting started

So I had Android running fine the other day. The I updated to the latest NRG rom and did the cab install of android. The first time I run it it works just fine. Then after Gmaps crashes the phone and I wait for WinMo to start again. I then try to run ProjectAndroid again from the menu and it freezes on a screen that sasy HaRet Version Pre-0.5.3- and has default.txt box. Nothing I can do will make android start again. I end up having to uninstall android and delete the entire android and andboot folders from my SD card. Any help would be great.

Also is it normal for Gmaps and Navigation to crash the phone?
Old 09-10-2010, 08:05 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: OnePlus 8 5G
Carrier: T-Mobile

demonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Are you overclocking in windows?
Old 09-10-2010, 08:26 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

ThrottleAbuse is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonlordoftheround View Post
Are you overclocking in windows?
If your asking me. No. Not that I know of. I am just running NRG's latest rom.
Old 09-10-2010, 09:52 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

bit1 is becoming a great contributor

Thank you robj19. even without bluetooth and camera i now officially am using android on my windows phone. lol. this is great By the way is anyone able to update the Voice Search app from the Marketplace or should i just look for the new one in other places?

Last edited by bit1; 09-10-2010 at 10:55 PM.
Old 09-11-2010, 12:53 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (Tilt2)
Carrier: AT&T
Threadstarter

Reefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrottleAbuse View Post
If your asking me. No. Not that I know of. I am just running NRG's latest rom.
I went up to the thread search tool and typed in "default.txt" and with a little reading I found this post.... I guess youre not the first to have this problem.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...postcount=1267
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2

Tags
android os, tp2 android apps