PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-09-2010, 04:58 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: CDMA TP2
Carrier: TELUS

frankmyhtc is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [CAB] GSM&CDMA Project Android Port and Startup Utility [8/30] FIXED NOISE!

forgive if this is not the proper place for this posting, but where can I find out if SenseUI for cdma TP2 android will be updated. I'm running 2.1 with SenseUI with the new sound zimage. The only problem I'm having in the MarketPlace is trying to do a search. If I search it reboots Android. and there is no GPS in this system build. How can I keep sense and get GPS?
Old 09-09-2010, 07:10 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)
Carrier: Sprint

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankmyhtc View Post
forgive if this is not the proper place for this posting, but where can I find out if SenseUI for cdma TP2 android will be updated. I'm running 2.1 with SenseUI with the new sound zimage. The only problem I'm having in the MarketPlace is trying to do a search. If I search it reboots Android. and there is no GPS in this system build. How can I keep sense and get GPS?
I think the sense builds were abandoned, they were atrocious. You could try updating your zImage/modules/rootfs to see if GPS'll start working. Same with the Market... you may also try the old delete of the data.img for your market problem.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-09-2010, 09:35 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: CDMA TP2
Carrier: TELUS

frankmyhtc is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh View Post
I think the sense builds were abandoned, they were atrocious. You could try updating your zImage/modules/rootfs to see if GPS'll start working. Same with the Market... you may also try the old delete of the data.img for your market problem.
Thanks for the info. I have already tried all the above except the , delete data.img one, but I am sure that it won't solve the gps problem. I will give it another shot. if it does not work, I guess off to Android v2.2 Froyo: BLAZN. Its just too bad because the visual interface of 2.1 SenseUI was pretty cool. Thanks again for the help.
Old 09-09-2010, 10:26 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: OnePlus 8 5G
Carrier: T-Mobile

demonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

The Sense build was kind of flaky, used alot of memory and my phone was blazin hot (pun intended). The Froyo builds run much better IMHO.
Old 09-09-2010, 10:30 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TP2 w/Mighty ROM
Carrier: Verizon

KaliKilla is becoming a great contributor

So far no huge problems for me on the new Blazn build. The only negative is the quick battery drain. I now can play Appeak poker against my wife online. That game is cool if you like Texas Holdem. Great job to the devs that helped to get this build up and running. Funny thing is, now sound is working, I tend to turn the sound off any way.lol
My Favorite Toy:
Stag Model 1 AR15 =====
Old 09-09-2010, 11:34 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC TP 2

countzero is a n00b

As a long time lurker, first time poster ... thanks for the vibrant community that's gotten this project to where it is now. You people rule!

I have a Sprint TP2, and had issues with no signal and airplane mode with my SIM card in at first. I got it work work just fine with the SIM card in. I edited the startup.txt and changed "htc_hw.force_cdma=0" to "force_cdma=1".

Simply editing to set "htc_hw.force_cdma=1" did NOT work for me, with multiple reboots. Just my FWIW.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 09-09-2010, 11:50 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: VX6900
Carrier: Verizon

chunnel is just getting started

I've installed the cab version on a Verizon Rhodium. It boots up and asks me to choose a phone for proper key mapping, then it boots into the intro screen with all the phones and the Android. But there it stops. Never been able to get past that intro. No amount of screen tapping or key pressing seems to matter. I just get to watch the Android move around the screen before I have to soft reset. I have tried selecting a different phone. Deleting the data file. Booting from Haret only. Same result every time. And yes, I have uninstalled and reinstalled it.

Last edited by chunnel; 09-10-2010 at 02:52 AM.
Old 09-10-2010, 11:59 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Vinterceptâ„¢
Carrier: Sprint SERO500 & Virgin Mobile

one80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Yahoo to one80oneday

Quote:
Originally Posted by chunnel View Post
I've installed the cab version on a Verizon Rhodium. It boots up and asks me to choose a phone for proper key mapping, then it boots into the intro screen with all the phones and the Android. But there it stops. Never been able to get past that intro. No amount of screen tapping or key pressing seems to matter. I just get to watch the Android move around the screen before I have to soft reset. I have tried selecting a different phone. Deleting the data file. Booting from Haret only. Same result every time. And yes, I have uninstalled and reinstalled it.
Make sure you wait awhile, first time sometimes takes 10+ mins to load. No need to tap or press buttons...
Old 09-10-2010, 01:30 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

choogle is a n00b

is android marketplace down for anyone else? I get network errors today, everything else appears to be working fine. I ran the updater last night, not sure if that had anything to do with it. I'm on a Sprint TP2 running the latest blazn build.
Old 09-10-2010, 01:35 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (Tilt2)
Carrier: AT&T
Threadstarter

Reefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by choogle View Post
is android marketplace down for anyone else? I get network errors today, everything else appears to be working fine. I ran the updater last night, not sure if that had anything to do with it. I'm on a Sprint TP2 running the latest blazn build.
If you used the tool to update your zimage/modules you will need to download the newest zimage/modules manually fromt he project tracking page to replace the broken ones. The tool right now does not work for zimage/modules and we are currently working on a replacement.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2

Tags
android os, tp2 android apps