PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-18-2010, 05:50 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro Zwei
Carrier: TNN (the now network)

bdurst08 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbdurst08 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbdurst08 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbdurst08 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbdurst08 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [CAB] GSM&CDMA Project Android Port and Startup Utility [8/18] MORE SPEED!!!!!

I have downloaded the lastes updates from the updater. I am having slight problem. the phone boots over and then 2 things happen. 1) It sits there for a minute and then auto-resets. 2) before it auto -resets i have no service. Yes i have taken my Sim card out.

Any reason that this could be happening. I have tried this 4-5 time now and the same thing happens everytime.
Any advice? Thanks!!
Old 08-18-2010, 05:56 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (Tilt2)
Carrier: AT&T
Threadstarter

Reefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIP
Re: [CAB] GSM&CDMA Project Android Port and Startup Utility [8/18] MORE SPEED!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdurst08 View Post
I have downloaded the lastes updates from the updater. I am having slight problem. the phone boots over and then 2 things happen. 1) It sits there for a minute and then auto-resets. 2) before it auto -resets i have no service. Yes i have taken my Sim card out.

Any reason that this could be happening. I have tried this 4-5 time now and the same thing happens everytime.
Any advice? Thanks!!
Did you update the zimage/modules using that tool? Its broken at the moment. Manually update your zimage/modules from the Project Tracking page on my web page.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 08-18-2010, 06:00 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

bdurst08 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbdurst08 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbdurst08 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbdurst08 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbdurst08 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reefermattness View Post
Did you update the zimage/modules using that tool? Its broken at the moment. Manually update your zimage/modules from the Project Tracking page on my web page.
Thanks for the quick response. Yeah I did use the updater tool. I downloaded all the update from there. i will get them from your site and try again.
Thanks
Old 08-18-2010, 06:13 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

noob question...Which ones am I updating? Do i DL the newest kernal or is it just the rootfs?
Old 08-18-2010, 06:20 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Reefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIP

Quote:
noob question...Which ones am I updating? Do i DL the newest kernal or is it just the rootfs?
The kernel, which will be an archive. Unzip it and rename the zimage-#####blahblah file to just "zimage". Delete the old zimage and modules, and then replace them with the newly downloaded ones. Its all very simple once you try.

The rootfs updater and initrd updater both work fine still, but they move the web page for the zimage/modules (kernel) so i will need to change that in the startup app as well.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-18-2010, 06:23 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: TouchPro 2
Carrier: Sprint

emtaboy is a n00b

Sorry to answer my own question, but I thought I'd post what I did:

From the download, i copied over the following files to the andboot folder on my SD card:

initrd.gz
modules-2......gz (i.e. the modules file)
rootfs.img
system.ext2
zImage

Note did not touch the startup.txt or the ts-calibration file. From looking at the directory, this noob would say all my personal stuff (apps, customizations, etc) are in the data.img file.

In any case, after doing the above, the phone booted right up no problem. I presume this gives me the latest updates?? Anyone care to comment on what I did and how you verify this update from within Android?? {Answer to my question: in Settings, About Phone, the Kernel version matches the modules-X.X....etc number thus I will assume this is the latest and greatest now on my phone. Thanks again!!!}

Thanks...this forum is awesome and certainly has greatly extended the life of many TP2's!!

Last edited by emtaboy; 08-18-2010 at 07:10 PM.
Old 08-18-2010, 06:27 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by emtaboy View Post
Sorry to answer my own question, but I thought I'd post what I did:

From the download, i copied over the following files to the andboot folder on my SD card:

initrd.gz
modules-2......gz (i.e. the modules file)
rootfs.img
system.ext2
zImage

Note did not touch the startup.tx or the ts-calibration file. From looking at the directory, this noob would say all my personal stuff (apps, customizations, etc) are in the data.img file.

In any case, after doing the above, the phone booted right up no problem. I presume this gives me the latest updates?? Anyone care how comment and also, can you verify this update from within Android??

Thanks...this forum is awesome and certainly has greatly extended the life of many TP2's!!
That is correct. Data.img file stores all personal info.
Old 08-18-2010, 06:29 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reefermattness View Post
The kernel, which will be an archive. Unzip it and rename the zimage-#####blahblah file to just "zimage". Delete the old zimage and modules, and then replace them with the newly downloaded ones. Its all very simple once you try.

The rootfs updater and initrd updater both work fine still, but they move the web page for the zimage/modules (kernel) so i will need to change that in the startup app as well.
Thanks! I was actually getting ready to edit my post and say that i figured it out. Thank you for your help and very quick responses!!
Old 08-18-2010, 06:38 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Thanks! I was actually getting ready to edit my post and say that i figured it out. Thank you for your help and very quick responses!!
Glad you got it working bud. Enjoy the new fixes.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-18-2010, 07:36 PM
Post Master General
Pocket PC: White Evo: Myn's TPT RLS5, Stock Kernel
Carrier: The "NOW" Network

InvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Oh man! Looking forward to the new build. Thanks for the update Reef!

Sent from 7 days into the future using Tapatalk

Best... Member... Ever...
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2

Tags
android os, tp2 android apps